We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Convening a Great Council

The South Pacific has a long history of calling Great Councils to update its laws, charter and system of government. As such, it's with great optimism that I, as duly elected delegate of The South Pacific, convene the Great Council of 2015.

My primary proposal is to expand our government to include nations only active on the Regional Message Board who can't, or do not wish to, participate in the off-site forum community. This was part of my -- and Pen's -- platform when we ran for delegate and vice delegate, respectively, and I am greatly optimistic that we can bring this to fruition.

Proposed Schedule:
We hope to discuss the creation of a bicameral legislature from today until Jan. 19.
Following that, all members will can propose changes from Jan. 19 to Jan. 25.
Voting on the revised Charter and Code of Law will take place from Jan. 26 through Jan. 31.

I'll be posting my proposal shortly.

I asked Aram -- who agreed -- to help facilitate discussion between the RMB and the forums, but I encourage everyone to discuss ideas both here and on the Regional Message Board.

Voting will be held to the same standards as to all changes: 75% in favor for the Charter and 50%+1 in favor for the Code of Laws. If these changes do not get the requisite amount of support, the current incarnations of the Charter and Code of Law will remain in effect.

I look forward to hearing everyone's suggestions and ideas!
-tsunamy
[forum admin]