We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TWP/TP

Elegarth contacted me earlier, he wants to know if TSP would be interested in a NAP/friendship treaty. Said I'm interested and will ask cabinet.

Llamas from TWP contacted me, he wants to discuss mutual cooperation treaty. I imagine he also means mutual defence.

Thoughts below please Smile

These are my thoughts:

1. I don't have an opinion on NPO. I see them as a completely inactive region. That may be accurate of not, but pretty much explains how little I know of them.

2. Until TWP fully recognizes the legitimacy of our government, I have no interest in any formal agreements with it.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

As I said in IRC last night, I'm game for making friends wherever we can. But, like Kris, if TWP don't recognize the power of the offsite government, I can't see how it would be of much use to us.

RE: TP, Ele has been TGing me and I'd be happy to discuss.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

The NPO is getting to be more active. I'm in support.

TWP, sure, when they decide to recognize our offsite.

(I'm Roleplay Advisor to both regions, lol)

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

If the cooperation treaty from TWP recognizes the legitimacy of the forum government, I'd support the treaty. I'd support a NPO NAP; they're more active than they used to be and they're likely on the verge of a leadership transition. 

Does that transition include Krulltopia?
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

He is the current Emperor, so most likely him passing the throne to his successor.

Unibot, any word on who that is?

That's what I meant. Tounge

Legal Resources:

Can we have a final decision on a NAP with TP?

I've told TWP that we won't consider anything unless they recognise our off-site government and all that entails.

Quote:He is the current Emperor, so most likely him passing the throne to his successor.

Unibot, any word on who that is?

Krulltopia would likely select Elegarth - and if that's the case, I'd expect a Feux administration soon after that because Elegarth and Feux are close and Elegarth listens to Feux a lot. Both are good choices; Feux is a bit more knowledgeable in NS, but Elegarth is a hard worker.

Quote:Can we have a final decision on a NAP with TP?

I'm up for it; would like to see the wording of it.

My recommendation, Raven, would be to phrase it closely (update it of course) with language from the original Mutual Protection Pact (which effectively was a NAP) and maybe even use the name. The preamble could recall the long and storied history between The South Pacific and The Pacific, like

Acknowledging the long and storied history of friendly and amiable relations between The South Pacific and The Pacific; the first agreement, a Statement of Mutual Respect signed in 2005 was later followed with the original Mutual Protection Pact in 2008 and a strong and formidable working relationship as partners in the Azure Alliance and the Modern Pacific Alliance.

[...]

And if The West Pacific was interested, you could look at TWP-TSP's old treaty,  Defensive Alliance Treaty Of The South Pacific and The West Pacific.