We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resident Spotlight Punchwood

Punchwood is a long citizen of TSP and is always an active member of the Ministry of Regional Affairs who've recently taken charge of Resident Spotlights and Meet the Government as current Director for both projects. Therefor we at Resident Spotlights believed it was high time you got his own Resident Spotlight. 

Feirmont: First, how did you find out about NationStates?

Punchwood: Well like most people, I was searching for a game where you can run your own country and I found NationStates.

Feirmont: How long ago was that?

Punchwood: Well I think Punchwood was founded on the 13th of December 2013, so about a year and a bit ago.

Feirmont How did you find The South Pacific?

Punchwood: I was founded there and I got loads of people asking me to move to different regions, however I stayed in TSP. I then got board of the game and left for a few weeks, but I then started playing again and I liked TSP so I stayed.

Feirmont: What has been your favorite thing about NationStates so far?

Punchwood: Just the fact that you can talk to people who live in the US, Africa, Asia, the Americas and all over the world, but you can do it just by going onto your laptop, phone or tablet.

Feirmont: I'll admit, it is neat to talk to people around the world!

Punchwood: Yep.

Feirmont: What brought you to TSP forums?

Punchwood: Well, as I said I got board of NS and when I re-joined I decided to join the forums as I soon got board of just being on the RMB.

Feirmont: What do you enjoy the most about the forums?

Punchwood: Probably The Assembly or roleplay. I started to post in the Assembly after I tried to become the MoA and I enjoyed it a lot! I have only just started roleplay as before I thought it sounded sad, but I gave it a go and I really enjoyed it.

Feirmont: You've been doing a lot of work for the Ministry of Regional Affairs as well; recently being appointed as Director of the Resident Spotlight Project. What are your thoughts and goals on the project?

Punchwood: I have liked Resident Spotlights for a while now as it told you a bit about someone in the region, so I was very sad when it fell into  inactivity. The goals for Resident spotlights are just to make sure there is someone new in there every so often. Get new members interviewed so they stay in TSP and so on.

Feirmont: You mentioned running for MoA, would you try to run for a Ministry position in the next election?

Punchwood: Well, I've been trying to join the Cabinet for a while now so I'm unlikely to give up now. [Image: smile.gif]  I most likely will run for election and it will probably be for MoRA again. I trust I have your vote?

Feirmont: We shall see if I don't run against you [Image: wink.gif] If there were elections, who do you think would be Delegate?

Punchwood: I don't really know to be honest. I could see Unibot trying to run for something different than Chair of the Assembly again. But it's difficult I don't really know who will run for what right now.

Feirmont: When you're not on NationStates, what do you do?

Punchwood Ha, well I'm mostly at work. Not much I spend some time with my family, walk the dog, watch TV and search some random things on the internet. Eating and drinking are of course up there as well.

Feirmont: Breathing as well I hope [Image: wink.gif]

Punchwood: Most of the time.

Feirmont: Do you have a favorite person in TSP? A least favorite?

Punchwood: No, not really. There are some people that I don't meet eye to eye with most of the time and there are some I like very much. I like to think I can get on with people when we want to. You, Feirmont are of course up at the top [Image: smile.gif]

Feirmont: Oh, why thank you Punchwood.

Punchwood: I never said witch list! [Image: smile.gif]
Feirmont: Fair enough [Image: wink.gif] I'll have to do better or worse.

Punchwood: I'm joking don't worry. I like you very much.

Feirmont: Last few questions before we can head to The Lampshade for some S.P.I.T. What is your favorite kind of lampshade?

Punchwood: Difficult one, I don't have many. I guess a sort of light brown sort of colour. Like a triangle sort of shape, large at the bottom but thin at the top.

Feirmont Mhmm, very traditional. And the last question; one of the most important in all of TSP Cake or Pie?

Punchwood: I love both! Why can't we live in a equal region where Cake and Pie are treated equally?

Feirmont: Ah, unfortunately society isn't ready for a cake-pie cooperation.

Punchwood [Image: sad.gif]

Feirmont: To wrap up, did you have any questions for me? Or anything you would like to add?

Punchwood: Well what do your prefer Cake or Pie?

Feirmont: Pie, 100% Pie.

Punchwood: I think you'll be one of the next to be spotlighted Feirmont! Look for your name in the list.

Feirmont: We shall see! Now off to the Lampshade! Drinks are on you [Image: wink.gif]

Punchwood: All right then [Image: smile.gif]

Interviewer: Ferimont

Interviewee: Punchwood

Date of Interview: 11th of January 2015
Editor: Punchwood

[b]Please note: Only major spelling and grammar have been edited. As we believe we should try and give you nearly all of the original interview.[/b]
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice
[-] The following 1 user Likes Punchwood's post:
  • Argenistan

I hate these threads. I change the colour it changes it back. I can't even delete the b's for some reason.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice