We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Let's Keep Sailing Toward Tsu-Pen-dous

Fellow South Pacificans:

It’s with a grateful heart that I stand before you, again, to launch another bid for delegate.

I’m not going to say this term has been easy. However, Pen and I have done our best and made the hard calls that needed to be made for the region. I’m not asking you to agree with everything we’ve done. But, I hope you respect the the difficult choices that needed to be made.

Before getting into what we would like to accomplish, if the region is gracious enough to give us another term, I’d like to recount some of the accomplishments of this term that seemingly have gotten overshadowed in the past several days.

Domestically, we ran a successful Great Council that tackled a lot of domestic issues. While, admittedly, it did not achieve the result I would have liked, it certainly brought people together and spurred activity for the region. Also, as a result of the Great Council discussions, the “Local Council” was legislated, which is also a step in the right direction toward more governance from our RMB-active members.

We’ve also had amazing successes on the foreign policy front. We renewed our treaty with The North Pacific and held a successful multi-day event with our friends from Europeia. We also were able to “thank” The Rejected Realms “for being a friend,” and we’re currently participating in a Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament with TRR and our friends from Lazarus.

We’ve worked hard to right the ship of our foreign policy. There is still more work to be done, but these were steps in the right direction. We hope to continue to renew and build friendships.

This brings us to what we would like to accomplish in our second term.

First, we’d like to work out some of the kinks within the Cabinet. Despite the successes we’ve had, the Cabinet members have frequently been at odds with each other and, at times, these disputes have spilled into the public domain.

I fear much of this has to do with the power invested in the delegate.

I did not anticipate that most decisions would need to be run past the delegate. I don’t think that is a productive system of governing and, often, leads to the delegate becoming a referee of sorts in Cabinet disputes.

Therefore, the first matter of business would be to delegate responsibilities for the Cabinet. Between us, Pen would focus on foreign affairs and I would focus on domestic issues. Beyond this, we would set out Cabinet procedures to empower Cabinet members and clearly delineate what Cabinet members should take take upon themselves. Between our elected ministers and the Assembly, we trust such a move will make the government more nimble and responsive to the region’s needs.

Second, as focusing on domestic issues, I would like to take an active role in establishing the Local Council and getting it running properly. As we said during our last campaign, in-game members of key to protecting the region and we would like to involve them as much as possible.

Third, given recent discussions in the Assembly, it is important to sort out what exactly is a “security threat” and how they should be dealt with in the region. Since the unfortunate circumstances regarding Belschaft, the region has been in a defensive stance regarding welcoming new members. This must stop and we must show that the region is open to all who want to join and are willing to respect our laws.

I’d like to leave you with a quote from Robin Wright in the Netflix phenomenon, House of Cards:

"You know what Francis said to me when he proposed? I remember his exact words. He said, 'Claire, if all you want is happiness, say no. I'm not gonna give you a couple of kids and count the days until retirement. I promise you freedom from that. I promise you'll never be bored.'"

We’re not going to promise you smooth sailing and a region free from change. Those are the signs of a stagnant, dying region.

However, we promise — if you give us your vote — that Pen and I will fight for the region in an open and transparent manner.

We promise to deal will all the challenges that arise and work our asses off so the region will never be bored.

With your vote, we hope to keep The South Pacific sailing toward Tsu-Pen-dous!

Thanks for your time! And I’m happy to answer questions.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'll be asking this to all how want to be re-elected, what have you two done in your position? To tsu and pen.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(03-16-2015, 12:38 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I'll be asking this to all how want to be re-elected, what have you two done in your position? To tsu and pen.

PW you be a bit more specific with the question? I listed some of our accomplishments within the campaign thread. I'm happy to delineate more, but I'm just trying to get a feel for what you're looking for.

-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Just anything really.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Well, one the things I really tried to do was boost WA membership in the region. At the moment, I can't tell if I was successful of if it's a reflection of the massive influx of nations, but my endorsements has been steadily gaining since taking office.

I also set out to strengthen relations with our allies and I think that happened.

Finally, I think we got some good outcomes from the Great Council, even if my proposals didn't fully get picked up.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

As the only two people currently running for Delegate and Vice-Delegate, respectively, what do you think your chances of winning are?

You forgot about the Almighty RON as a nominee Wolf Smile

I will probably have some questions later, but good to see you running again.

*shoots off fireworks*
Hooray for Tsu!
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

I'm glad you're running and Penguin too (Penguin get IRC Cloud, it makes IRC easier).

1. What were some of the biggest challenges of your term and how did you face them?
2. What are some challenges you see in the near future and how do you intend to approach them?

What does "open and transparent" mean in the context of past and present TSP delegates\vice-delegates?

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Does the title entail that TSP has, infact, not reached the 'Tsu-Pen-dous' status in your first term?