We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Darkstrait: Campaign for MoA

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to my campaign center for Minister of Army!

As many of you will know, ProfessorHenn was elected Minister of Army after CrimsonTideFan was recalled due to his inactivity. And many of you will know that ProfessorHenn has done his best to breathe new life into the South Pacific Special Forces (SPSF). However, his best is just not enough.

In his campaign at the time, ProfessorHenn made the following statement:
Quote:I believe I would be a good Minister by delegating tasks that you and/or the voters believe I have failed in to people who can perform those, either normally, or above normally, and otherwise not have to deal with the bulk of administrative tasks so I can spend more time training the new recruits we may get, or writing up press releases on important missions done, or actually raid and the like when possible.

However, the "delegation" mentioned above fell flat. Only two deputy posts were assigned: one to me, as Deputy of Recruitment, and the other to Belschaft, as Deputy for Intelligence and Counter-Espionage. As many will know, Belschaft's role in a plot to commit electoral fraud called "Operation Brave Little Toaster" was exposed, and after accusations were hurled in all directions by just about everyone at the time, Belschaft left the region in disgrace. The backlash of OBLT is still being felt, as many those involved in the plot have recently been denied citizenship, raising further debates in the Assembly.

As Minister, I will do my best to address issues that ProfessorHenn did his best to solve, but failed to.

Obviously this little speech doesn't cover everything. Please leave comments and questions below.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Yes, Darkstrait! I support you! Smile

And I have a question:
What can you do to recruit new members? Because our numbers have also fell flat(I think).
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Fingers crossed for you this time Darkstrait!

Why should I vote for you?

What would you do for the SPSF?

How would you conduct missions?

Why are you the best man for job over me or Distortilla?

Why did you use "Henn" instead of "ProfessorHenn"?

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

(03-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Yes, Darkstrait! I support you! Smile

And I have a question:
What can you do to recruit new members? Because our numbers have also fell flat(I think).

I'll do my best to check in on the Fellowship Programme thread, send out telegrams to new nations, and do my best to keep people who have joined already involved.

(03-16-2015, 07:27 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: Why should I vote for you?

What would you do for the SPSF?

How would you conduct missions?

Why are you the best man for job over me or Distortilla?

Why did you use "Henn" instead of "ProfessorHenn"?

Ah, the wonders of technology. I'm on Tapatalk!

1. I would do all the stuff that I said I'd do.

2. I'd recruit, try to keep it in the Assembly's good graces while retaining independence from said Assembly, and I'd try to build on the reforms that you started and then stopped, especially the Deputies--- I'd like to try and make those work again.

3. I have trouble making the updates; however, I would appoint a senior member such as yourself to keep things running while I'm gone.

4. Because you just didn't follow through on the reforms that you tried, and Distort does not have any experience, at least not recently

5. Oops.

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

What do you think should be the future of the General Corps? I has never been fully staffed and so far it seems unlikely to ever be. Should we move to a different operational structure for our military?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Are you able to make any updates? Not being able to be on for updates at all would seem to be a big downfall for the MoA.

What types of operations would you want to see more of as MoA? Why?

What will you do for the Ministry?

How will you /solve/ the problems that plague the Ministry now and before?

What is your list of achievements in the SPSF?

What did you say you would do? Simply saying, "I'll do what the current one said he'd do." is not a good campaign promise, and if anything, makes me want to vote RON/myself even more.

(03-17-2015, 11:09 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: What do you think should be the future of the General Corps? I has never been fully staffed and so far it seems unlikely to ever be. Should we move to a different operational structure for our military?

I plan on replacing the General Corps with a set of deputy positions. These would be Deputy of Recruitment, Deputy of Espionage and Intelligence, Deputy of Foreign Affairs, and Senior Advisor. The third would serve as a liaison with the MoRA and would help determine which target regions would be easiest to take down or which ones we could get support for. The fourth would be a senior SPSF member who would advise and assist me. This would be Henn should I be elected.

(03-17-2015, 03:37 PM)Hileville Wrote: Are you able to make any updates? Not being able to be on for updates at all would seem to be a big downfall for the MoA.

What types of operations would you want to see more of as MoA? Why?

Unfortunately, making the nightly updates would be difficult for me. However, the Senior Advisor mentioned above would lead missions in my absence.
In response to the second question, I would say that the SPSF comes under fire from the Assembly every few months. I would do my best to find missions that would keep the Assembly from complaining too much, while also coordinating with the Minister of Foreign Affairs to find targets that we would be able to get support with.

(03-17-2015, 04:13 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: What will you do for the Ministry?

How will you /solve/ the problems that plague the Ministry now and before?

What is your list of achievements in the SPSF?

What did you say you would do? Simply saying, "I'll do what the current one said he'd do." is not a good campaign promise, and if anything, makes me want to vote RON/myself even more.

I will create the deputy positions as stated above and do my best to recruit, with or without a Deputy of Recruitment, as well as tracking down those who have been inactive in the SPSF and trying to bring them back in;

The new proposals will help address the numbers issue that we currently face. I also plan to appoint Deputies who will hopefully be able to assist me in this matter.

I have participated in the attempted liberation of Anti Nazi Alliance, the successful interregional liberation of Anne Frank, and several training missions, both my own training and the training of others such as Corporal Clegg (does anyone know where he's gone by the way?)

I will not answer this last question, as it would be repetition. If you need to know the answer, look up and down my responses to the questions asked.

(03-17-2015, 04:40 PM)Darkstrait Wrote: I would do my best to find missions that would keep the Assembly from complaining too much

Would that really be your policy as Minister of the Army?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System