We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Results: March 2015 Elections

March 2015 Elections
Results

Delegate and Vice Delegate
Tsunamy and Penguin

Chair of the Assembly
Aramanchovia

Minister of Regional Affairs
Feirmont

Minister of the Army
ProfessorHenn

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Craziest in TSP
Meaningful Cough

* For the Minister of Foreign Affairs Race the result ended in a tie of 24-24.  However, it is my belief that Railana is not an eligible voter which would make the vote 24-23 in Wolf's favor.  I will not certify a result for this race until the Court has given direction on if being still masked as a Citizen allows you to vote even if you do not meet the requirements of citizenship.

I will post charts that show how each winner was decided tomorrow.  Having issues with the table code.

(03-24-2015, 11:11 PM)Hileville Wrote: * For the Minister of Foreign Affairs Race the result ended in a tie of 24-24.  However, it is my belief that Railana is not an eligible voter which would make the vote 24-23 in Wolf's favor.  I will not certify a result for this race until the Court has given direction on if being still masked as a Citizen allows you to vote even if you do not meet the requirements of citizenship.

THIS IS MADNESS!

(03-24-2015, 11:11 PM)Hileville Wrote:
* For the Minister of Foreign Affairs Race the result ended in a tie of 24-24.  However, it is my belief that Railana is not an eligible voter which would make the vote 24-23 in Wolf's favor.  I will not certify a result for this race until the Court has given direction on if being still masked as a Citizen allows you to vote even if you do not meet the requirements of citizenship.

This makes no legal sense whatsoever. The question you've posed to the Court is whether or not you, as Election Commissioner, have the authority to determine if a person masked a citizen is eligible to vote if the Election Commissioner decides they don't meet citizenship requirements. The proper legal action to take in the absence of a Court decision would be to follow the status quo, which would mean the results are certified and a run-off election occurs.

What you are doing here is deciding for yourself that you do have the authority to make decisions on citizenship, and thus you're refusing to certify the election results based on your belief that Railana is not eligible to vote. You're jumping the gun. The Court has not given you authority to throw out Railana's vote, therefore it counts until such a time that the Court reaches a decision granting you that authority. There is no legal basis for these results to not be certified immediately.

I don't think he's "jumping the gun" by waiting for the Courts.

I think certifying the results and not waiting for the Courts, that, on the other hand, would be jumping the gun.

His refusal to certify the election results is based on him determining for himself that he has the authority to throw our Railana's vote, despite the fact that he posed the question to the Court and the Court has not delivered an opinion on it.

I am closing this thread. Argue your point in the Court.

I hereby certify the following result for the Minister of Foreign Affairs Election.

After ensuring the validity of all votes Wolf is elected Minister of Foreign Affairs by a vote of 24-23.

Congratulations to the new Cabinet!