We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Article 10 Clarification

The court has dismissed all legal questions related to Article 10

So we now don't know: 

1. What happens if the forum is 'mostly' unavailable?

2. What constitutes 'permanently unavailable?

3. What happens if parts of the forum are permanently unavailable?

4. If a host move actually requires the Assembly's support?

There are some gaping holes left behind with the recent dismissal of the legal questions, because if the forum goes down near permanently soon, we won't have any legal confirmation on whether the cabinet or the adminship can even act on the matter.

I'd suggest a rewrite of Article 10 to better clarify what happens in these situations. 

Agreed this Article should be looked at further and parts of it should be clarified further.

I was going to look for a segment of the Charter/CoL tonight as the first one to undertake a group review of. This had to be a section not currently subject to legal questions, so this might be a good one to start with actually, especially with the issues we are having with the forum lately.

I'll start a new topic for this review a bit later.

Edit: Review topic is HERE.

I will leave your topic open for now Uni, but probably not needed now. Good timing with this topic though, thanks.