We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

CSS Nominee Suggestion

Hello all,

This is something I've been thinking about for a while and recent events have kind of outlined the need for a strong CSS. The CSS is our line of defense, because of their high endo counts, against would be coupers.

It would be ideal if our CSS included long-term TSPers who have shown devotion, loyalty and honor to the region.  I've always been a fan of expanding the group of people to represent all of TSP. 

Legally, I can't nominate someone (and I forgot about this because of all the people I nominated as delegate) but I can suggest that we add some people to our CSS roster.

Today, I'd like to suggest southern_bellz 

He ran one of TSP's successful military's, knows about GP and foreign affairs and can help advise on those topics, and also cares highly about the region. 

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Why not?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Have you asked Southern Bellz if he is interested in the position?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I accept my nomination
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

Reference:

Charter Wrote:4. Citizens wishing to become members of the CSS may submit their application for admittance to the Assembly.
5. Citizens may also be nominated for membership of the CSS by the Delegate.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

While I don't question SB's knowledge of security in NS, I'd be worried about activity. SB originally left the CSS because they wanted a mobile WA. SB hasn't exactly been very active until recently. :\ I'm not sure if there's a specific reason for that.

(04-15-2015, 09:43 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote: Reference:

Charter Wrote:4. Citizens wishing to become members of the CSS may submit their application for admittance to the Assembly.
5. Citizens may also be nominated for membership of the CSS by the Delegate.

I'll officially nominate SB — I had actually been tossing it around in my head as well.

While I would generally consult the CSS before such a nomination, since Escade brought it up (and SB has already been a well-established member of the CSS), I'll assume it shouldn't be a contentious nomination.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I have no issues with SB being nominated.

He is a good man.

Is there a motion required?

If so, a motion, but when 2 more people are in support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To address why I left the CSS originally, I wanted to pursue delegacy in a small GCR that houses mostly retired raiders. That was short lived, and ultimately I felt more comfortable having my WA in TSP, which I have had for awhile.

To address my activity concerns, I did have a lapse in activity for about a month and change. I do not like to get too personal in here, but early 2015 was pretty tough on me. My company announced it was relocating and that I only had my job for a few more months, so I was working full time, actively looking for new employment, and was dating someone new. I posted about it here: http://thesouthpacific.x10.mx/thread-101...l#pid50015 . I would like to think that is a pretty good reason to put NS on the back burner.

I would like to counter my activity concerns that I am one of the longest running consecutively active citizens in TSP, and genuinely love this region and would be honored to help protect it.
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific