We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Local Council

So, I wanted to run some local council stuff by you all.

First, it looks like Sam111 will be elected to the first spot ... which leaves two spots open that we'll need to appoint.

I've had interest from The International Knights and Liberium Hominis in Terra. I'm tempted to appoint of them since they are new nations and I think this would be an awesome way to get them involved.

If we don't like them, what about either Punchwood or The Solar System Scope? (I'd have to reach out and see if either is interested.)

Finally, we'll need to give the Local Council at least some space on the forums. I'd like to give them a sub forum and private forum under regional affairs ... and appoint Feir and deputies to work with them. Thoughts? (Especially Feir Smile
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I'm not overly comfortable with appointing someone brand new to be honest. They may be fine, but they may also leave in a month's time.

For others, well Punch is running for MoFA and has ran for a few other positions, think he said he may be interested here too (can't see him getting MoFA based on the current votes). I think Escade was nominated, not sure if she declined or just didn't respond. Not sure about TSSS, but I think he was discouraged from the only time he ran for office here.

I will look through the citizen list, there are probably other good candidates who may be interested too.

That plan seems fine to me, will let Feir respond first.

Edit: The other possibilities I noticed from the list who may or may not be interested were Darkstrait (who did mention something on it on the rmb), Ryccia and for a bit of controversy, Distortilla.

I guess I was hoping that if we give them something to do, they're more likely to stick around -- but I understand your concern. TIK also signed up for the SPSF and maybe we could swing both of noobies to the Fellowship Programme?

Dark would probably be a good pick. Maybe TSSS would be good -- and might encourage him to run again?

I also have a soft spot for Distortilla, but I'm not sure he'd be happy is what I imagine will be a more activity-oriented position.

So as it stands options are:

Dark
TSSS
Punch
Escade
Ryccia
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I absolutely don't mind working with the local council Happywide I think I have enough room under my large pancake wings Wink
In all seriousness:
Once everything thing is set up, a private forum in the MoRA is an excellent idea.

I think Dark mentioned he was interested (he was away during the nomination period).
I'm not sure about TSSS only because I haven't seen them post outside the Hall of Spam; this may have been different before I started however. If that's the case, I don't mind approaching them.
Punchwood was disinterested since he would be losing his deputyship in the MoRA if he joined the Local Council. However, I'm sure if we explained to him what the Local Council is all about, he may change his mind.
I nominated Escade, and I won't ask what happened with that. I strongly believe that she would be a good fit in the Local Council.
Ryccia would probably jump on the chance.

For newer memebers, I agree with both Tsu and Aram. I would love to see newer members get involved in the region, but there's what I like to call the 1 month stretch (from experience with Fellowship Programme applicants) where newer members are filled with enthusiasm for about a month, then we don't see them anymore Tounge.

If I had to pick two, it would be Darkstrait and Escade.
And then, in order:
-Punch
-Ryccia
-TSSS
#EC4Lyfe

I'm all for TIK and Darkstrait.

Then, Ryccia, Escade, Punch, and TSSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK — so it sounds like we're in agreement with Dark.

I think Escade would be great, but she originally didn't seem interested in running. And I understand Punch wanting to keep the deputy post with MoRA.

So how about I also reach out to Ryccia?

I'll also reach out to both TIK and the other newbie and point them toward Feir to get more involved for the RA first.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

It wouldn't hurt to ask Ryccia Smile

And yes, point them my way! I can always use more minds in the MoRA madness.
#EC4Lyfe

Alright guys — Dark and Ryccia are both interested. I also reached out to Sam about our plans.

Let's take a formal vote on appointing Dark and Ryccia.

Tsu: Aye
Pen: Abstain
Aram: Aye
Feir: Aye
GR: Aye
Henn: Abstain
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Aye.
#EC4Lyfe

Why not.

Aye.