We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Special Election for High Court Justice

Due to a recent opening on the High Court, a special election will be held for the seat.

The schedule will be as follows:

Nominations 11a 4/26/15 to 11a 4/29/15
Campaigning 11a 4/26/15 to 11a 5/2/15
Voting 11a 5/2/15 to 5/5/15

(All times in EST.)

Nominations can be in this thread. Conflicts of Interest statements should be filed here.

Good luck!
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I nominate WOLF.

ProfessorHenn on Tapatalk.

Hmm... I nominate Kris.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I second the nomination of Kris

I'd also like to nominate Apad

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I would happily second Apad's nomination.

Thanks for the nomination. I respectfully and happily accept.
Apad
King of Haldilwe

I personally don't see the point waiting another couple of days to start this vote, seeing as we have one candidate, for one position (well 2 candidates if you count RON I guess...) I know, I know, we need to follow the Election Act, blah blah, but it is kind of ridiculous really. It might just be me that feels that it is a waste of time though, when it is just one person that is campaigning against themselves.

Good luck Apad. Seems a bit odd though that we had so many candidates a few weeks back, and just 1 this time (who didn't even run last time).

For the sake of Democracy..... I nominate myself for the chopping blo.... I mean Special Election for High Court Justice.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Nominations closed yesterday.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Aww...

I din't realize. My fault.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi