We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Farengeto: Back for Round Two!

Well TSP, we've found ourselves in another election. It was a great CoA race last time and though I lost I hadn't given up hope.

Since I've been fairly busy recently, I'll be hosting a Q&A while  i prepare my campaign. Ask me anything!

Do you believe that our current Assembly is inactive? Please rate on a scale of 1-10 and explain how you would like to help this process become more active.

Similar to Henn's question: Do you think it would be productive to have a quarterly review of the Assembly's activity to determine if it is active enough?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Why are you running when you were just elected for another term as Justice?

(05-21-2015, 06:42 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Similar to Henn's question: Do you think it would be productive to have a quarterly review of the Assembly's activity to determine if it is active enough?

How would the Assembly review itself? Surely a reviewer should be independent of the thing being reviewed. *rolls his eyes*

(05-21-2015, 06:42 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Similar to Henn's question: Do you think it would be productive to have a quarterly review of the Assembly's activity to determine if it is active enough?

I...would like to think you simply worded this the wrong way. Because otherwise, I comes across as extremely bad faith and a sign of you opposing the SPSF review requirement, rather than being constructive.

Farengeto is running an honest campaign. We should try to do the same without questions.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

What, in your opinion, is the Assembly's greatest flaw and greatest strength, and how they can be better?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

To mix up the questions a bit: Do you like to listen to Indie Electronic Dance Pop?

(05-21-2015, 08:08 PM)Kris Kringle Wrote:

I...would like to think you simply worded this the wrong way. Because otherwise, I comes across as extremely bad faith and a sign of you opposing the SPSF review requirement, rather than being constructive.

Farengeto is running an honest campaign. We should try to do the same without questions.

While this isn't the place for such discussions, it was an honest question.

I'm simply applying the logic others have used with regard to the SPSF to the Assembly, which -- to be frank -- seems a bit inactive.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

It is hardly the same logic. Your question would be applicable if the SPSF was required to conduct its own reviews. Having the military account before the legislature is a perfectly legitimate control mechanism, and in case you haven't noticed, some good ideas have resulted from it.

Your question does sound bad faith, especially after this latest post.

--

Back to topic. Farengeto, what would be your legislative priorities for this term?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System