We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Feirmont and Arbiter08 for Del/VD! Free Pancakes!

[Image: YEIsIF9.jpeg]“Recruitment and Refinement”
A Joint Campaign

“Hello TSP! I’m Feirmont, also known as Arbiter08’s infamous “Mystery Person”, currently running for the Delegacy; and this is Arbiter08, currently running on the joint ticket for Vice-Delegate. With our combined efforts, we have come up with this campaign to discuss our various goals if elected. However, since we’re both in agreement that TSP is one crazy region (in fact, most probably the craziest), we’ve decided that a completely serious campaign just wouldn’t fit in here. and so…”
* Feirmont shoves Arbiter off of the stage *
“We’ve decided to add a comical spin to the traditional campaign thread! Enjoy the show!”

* Feirmont whips out a microphone *
“Hello TSP. I’m running for Delegate with my friend here Arbiter. I’ve been in the Cabinet for close to two terms now; I was appointed Deputy Minister for Regional Affairs by Kringalia two terms ago, and at the end of that term the then Cabinet appointed me Minister of Foreign affairs, where I’ve finished negotiating and saw the Lampshade Accords (Spiritus-TSP treaty) signed by both regions. After that I was elected Minister of Regional Affairs, and managed the cultural aspects of TSP. Now you may be thinking ‘You haven’t been in TSP for a year’, and you’d be right. But do we really examine someone’s experience by the number of days in a region; or do we rather see how active they are, how approachable they can be, how reasonable they are? I’m active RMB side and forum side, playing games and enjoying TSP’s culture and the people in it.
And that’s just it: Culture. One of the main reasons Arbiter and I decided who’s running for which position is we both feel since I’m more into cultural events, it would be better for me to have control over the WFE and Polls. We believe we will make a great new/old TSP team, and togeth-”

* Arbiter swipes the microphone *
"Hey, I wasn't do-"
"Hey everybody, Arbiter here, I'm here to run as Fierment's Vice Delegate"
"It's 'Feirmont’!"
"Details, details. Regardless of Fier's horrid spelling ability, I'm his Vice Delegate. This isn't my first time in the Vice Delegacy though. Back in early 2014 I was appointed as Kris Kringle's Vice Delegate after his old one resigned. I served the region faithfully in that time. During those two terms I helped guide the region through a few crises, such as dealing with the Independence and Regional Sovereignty Conferences and the reveal of Operation Brave Toaster. I was not the most vocal of cabinet members forum-side, but on the IRC channel I was speaking often on the various discussions going on. I offered suggestions and made my opinion known. Before that, I was appointed as Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs and practically ran the ministry until the minister resigned and I was appointed minister to finish the term. That's the extent of my experience in the cabinet, but not in TSP. I was appointed as a member of the Committee for State Security after my Vice Delegacy ended, but was removed when I lost my citizenship due to inactivity. I had joined the New Southern Army as I joined TSP, and stuck through with it until my Vice Delegacy. I was an Officer by the end of it, and took that position back up when I rejoined TSP a while back. I've been doing a lot of work for the SPSF since rejoining. That about covers my experience here in TSP, so I'll let Feir do some talking for a bit."

“About time you stopped yapping. So, Arbiter and I work pretty well together. We have both worked in the cabinet before, and we both have experience dealing with political shenanigans. We’ve shown that we openly disapprove of them and we aren't afraid to try and resolve them in the open.”
* Arbiter swoops in from the ceiling on a piece of rope and snatches the mic *
“But that doesn’t mean we don’t like a bit of mischief!”
* Feir cuts the rope, sending Arbiter crashing into the stage floor, and grabs the mic out of mid-air *
“Of course, you can’t have a good time if you don’t take a break from all the seriousness every now and again, as we’ve proven before both on and off the forums.”
* Arbiter runs to take down Feirmont *
“Like the time I totally whooped you in Halo!”
* Feir steps aside as Arbiter crashes off stage *
“I think it went a little differently, but yes. And that brings up a good point. Arbiter and I keep a nice amount of communication off forums; chatting about NS, TSP, or just talking about the weather.”
* Arbiter sticks his head up from offstage *
“We’ve never talked about the weather before!”
* Feir chucks a brick at Arbiter *
“It’s an expression! Regardless, Arbiter and I work very well together. We can discuss anything with each other, and compromise well. Not only do we speak a lot to each other, but we aren’t afraid to speak our minds on important issues in public as well. Granted, we don’t go around and shove our opinions down people’s throats, but we generally make them known.”
* Arbiter jumps back on stage *
“Now, I’d like to talk…”
* Feirmont holds the mic closer *
“Now, I’d like to take a moment to touch base on the respective ministries, and what we would like to see in the coming term.”

-----

“My main focus for the Ministry of Regional Affairs is publicity, publicity and publicity. I’d like to make the MoRA’s plans and publications more visible to the RMB and members of the forums. This would include pinning such things as the Southern Journal, a festival announcement, and anything else that may be planned by the MoRA to the World Factbook Entry. I’d also like to see more RMB games that we may be able to do with other regions or with residents proper either through the WFE or by polls. Speaking of polls, I’ll work in tandem with the Local Council in their projects. I have a soft spot for the members who play gameside only, and by experience know they are a fun bunch who like to play games and chat about almost anything. I’d like to help bring the amount of fun we have on the forums to the RMB. Finally, I would like to see monthly inter-regional activities to further our friendships with allies abroad. ”

"Feir, you've been talking for a while. It's my turn now!"
"But I still want to cover my plans for-"
"But Feeeeiiir, I'm bored."
"Didn't you bring a book or something to read while I spoke?"
"I got hungry..."
"......"
* Feir drops the mic and pancakes away *
"Yay, my turn! Hello once again everyone. Now, we have an exciting idea for the Ministry of Foreign Affair, but before we get to that I’d like to talk about our Foreign Policy. We’d like to see an increase in cultural exchanges between us and our allies. Not just Cultural Events, but smaller exchanges as well. Such as those Rock Paper Scissors contests we held a while back. We’d also like to see increased cooperation between the SPSF and our ally’s militaries. Now, onto the idea. Me and the pancake over there thought about this for a while, and came up with a few ideas. This one however, stole the show. We wanted to make the Ministry of Foreign Affairs much more open to newcomers. Therefore, we'd like to institute the Foreign Affairs Academy (FAA). This would serve to teach newcomers about foreign affairs, gameplay politics, and diplomacy. Applicants would be able to learn from the MoFA, Delegate, and Vice Delegate on these subjects, and would be able to take part in low-level negotiations with our allies. They'd be able to help organize cultural events and such, while gaining valuable experience in foreign affairs. Any citizen of TSP could apply to join it. Applicants would also learn how to create a foreign update, and help create one. We'll be posting at least one foreign update this upcoming term, but hopefully more. Sounds fun, right?"

* Ducks as a tranquilizer dart flies over his head and buries itself into the stage *
"Gonna have to try harder then that Feir! Anyways, it's time to talk about the South Pacific Special Forces. We have numbers unlike anything that we've had before. During the occupation of A Blank Canvas, the SPSF fielded 8 troops, and had 5 present during the jump. Following my appointment as Deputy of Recruitment, recruiting efforts stepped up greatly. Three guides were written, covering the basics of military gameplay, political ideologies, and advanced mechanics/types of operations, respectively. Not only were the guides created, but a large recruitment drive was underwent. On July 3rd I hosted a mission available for anyone from the general public to come join us and learn of military gameplay. We'd like to see these efforts continue, and for the SPSF to grow even further. However, we can't only have new recruits and soldiers, we need Officers and Jenerals as well. As such, I will personally oversee the further training of those currently dedicated to the SPSF. I'd like to see more of our current soldiers take up leadership positions within the SPSF. I'll teach them how to properly plan and lead operations, and everything they'll need to know to lead a squad of soldiers. I've been in the SPSF since it was called the New Southern Army, and I have experience which I'd be happy to share. Finally, we’d like to introduce the concept of Wargames into the SPSF. These would be held in special regions, and would consist of two teams fighting for control over the region. This would be a great way to train our soldiers, or to have a bit of fun with an ally.”

* Another dart comes whistling through the air. Arbiter ducks beneath it, only to get hit by a second one. Feirmont walks over and takes the mic as Arbiter collapses. *
“Before we leave the floor open to questions, there is one last thing I would like to touch up on: The Local Council. I would like to see goals set for the Local Council’s next term, to be posted for all to see. Of course I wouldn’t want all of their plans to be displayed (there’s no fun in that), but give a sense of progress in the council’s activities for the members of the RMB to see if they’re interested. Just something to combat the apparent low activity of the Local Council.

-----

“All around, our campaign focuses on two major points: Recruitment and Refinement. We plan on greatly increasing our recruitment efforts for the various ministries, and to refine the current setup we have in place. We aim to not only get the monumental task of recruiting started, but to put upkeep and tweak the system in place to make it easier for future ministers to continue our efforts. When it comes time to vote, please do consider who the best Pancake for the job is. If not me, then remember that I’ve got the Alien at my back. If that’s not enough to convince you, then feel free to drop a question or ten in this thread. We’ll be happy to respond to them all.

Could you expand on the idea for a Foreign Affairs Academy? Is this different from the old foreign service? Or is this more like what MoRA did with the Fellowship Program?

As for the SPSF, I've noticed that almost all of the operations done this summer were raids. Do you think the SPSF lacks experience with defenses and liberations, or should make an effort to gain more experience there? I worry that, while we're recruiting and training soldiers, we're only giving them experience in one type of mission.

(07-15-2015, 03:33 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Could you expand on the idea for a Foreign Affairs Academy? Is this different from the old foreign service? Or is this more like what MoRA did with the Fellowship Program?

As for the SPSF, I've noticed that almost all of the operations done this summer were raids. Do you think the SPSF lacks experience with defenses and liberations, or should make an effort to gain more experience there? I worry that, while we're recruiting and training soldiers, we're only giving them experience in one type of mission.

Thanks for your questions!

First off, the FAA is not just the Ambassador Corps underneath a different name. It's something different then systems in the past. It's like the Fellowship Program in the fact that it's a way for newcomers to get involved in the ministry, but it has much more of a focus on teaching them about foreign affairs rather then assigning them jobs.

As for the SPSF and the lack of defensive ops, I believe that we do need a bit more experience in that department. Right now I we mostly raid because our soldiers tend to enjoy raiding more. However I do think we should get more experience with defensive operations in case our assistance doing those ops is requested by an ally.

You as good as nicked my idea for FA, but never mind. I do have questions though I think you've won my vote already.

1. How can I trust you Feir for the following reasons:

You said you would keep me on as a Deputy Minister for RA, you later broke that promise.
You said you would have the radio project up and running by the end of your term, we've had one broadcast.

2. It took you Feirmont more than a week to get the FP up and running would you really be able to keep the top job running smothly?

3. As you said Arbiter you had your citizenship removed for inactivity can you promise you won't end up like our last VD?

4. Yes we've had plenty of festivals however how active were they really? Also Resident Spotlight, Meet the Governmnet, and the Southern Journal have really reached an all time low. We have some new things yes but lots of things have just stopped. Can you really lead TSP?
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Are you shitting me? The festivals have been huge!

There are few people whom I trust more in the delegacy/vice delegacy. Unless one of them comes along, you have my vote.
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Thank you Punchwood for your questions!

Punchwood Wrote: 1. How can I trust you Feir for the following reasons:

You said you would keep me on as a Deputy Minister for RA, you later broke that promise.

I did keep you on as Deputy Minister of Integration at the start of my term. I removed that position from you after what transpired in the private offices, and then in the public threads. Yes, I did say I was going to keep you on initially, and I did just that. However circumstances arose that I couldn't keep that promise in the long term.

Punchwood Wrote: You said you would have the radio project up and running by the end of your term, we've had one broadcast.

Ah yes, I did.
The difficulties I have for the Radio Project are mostly technical difficulties. I can make excuses that my computer wasn't up to snuff and my microphone bit the dust (I've since been planning on getting a new one), but I feel that it wouldn't do it justice.
I had and still have the means to plan out a radio project, and work on that plan while somebody else helps with the recordings. After seeing how other regions are going about it, I feel more confident now on how to go about planning it and making sure it can be the success I know it can be.
Have I planned anything for it so far? No. And unfortunately it's one campaign promise I let fall through the cracks. It's still however a project I would love to see come off the ground, and would still love to be a big part in its fruition.

Punchwood Wrote: 2. It took you Feirmont more than a week to get the FP up and running would you really be able to keep the top job running smothly?

Planning the FP was no easy task. We went at it for days, going over each project and each Fellow; the first to make sure we were all clear on the tasks and goals for all, and the second to match up each Fellow with a project that they seemed more interested in. Trying to get in contact with each member (even with a Roll Call thread) is rough, seeing as many are in different timezones or have to deal with things outside NS.

As for keeping the top job running smoothly; I'm always in contact with Arbiter, always available on IRC and I get PMs notified straight to my phone. There should theoretically be nothing stopping me from contacting a fellow Cabinet member to keep communication high. More communication, more smooth.

Punchwood Wrote: 4. Yes we've had plenty of festivals however how active were they really?

I'm pretty proud of how active the previous festival (Nautical Pacific) was. I even extended it for the oncoming TNPers! As for the current ongoing TSP festival, I'd like to point out the number of participants in the Mafia Variant alone! I'm really glad that, even during the low activity summer months, there is still a high cultural fire that doesn't die here in TSP.  

Punchwood Wrote: Also Resident Spotlight, Meet the Governmnet, and the Southern Journal have really reached an all time low. We have some new things yes but lots of things have just stopped. Can you really lead TSP?

Resident Spotlights and Meet the Government:
You're absolutely right. They have slowed down; halted even. I have no excuse for that; and I should have worked on that branch of the Regional Affairs more.
However, I'm releasing Sam111's Resident Spotlight tonight (we spoke about this earlier today) and I just recently had another spotlightee interviewed. So you can expect at least a few before the end of this term.

[Edit: RealTime, being a panel of both citizens and government officials, has become the successor to Meet The Government, and I feel is a much better way to go about it.]

Southern Journal
The Southern Journal has seen a huge resurgence (thanks completely to Deputy Minister of Communication Kringle; I refuse to take any credit for it) with TSP weekly, #RealTime and RP news. These have been posted weekly, both on the forums and on the RMB. We also have a newer fellow helping in the communications department eager to help however they can.

Can you really lead TSP?
Ah, a very important question. The core of these campaigns.

Can I lead TSP? Alone, absolutely not. But together with a Vice-Delegate whom has experience in the position, who isn't afraid to let me know when I've gone too crazy in my ideas and is ready to get "in my face" about certain issues; and a strong Cabinet elected by the people, yes! I believe WE can lead TSP. I believe WE can continue making TSP a wonderful place to be. And I believe I'm just crazy enough to help keep the Cabinet moving forward!

I didn't answer question 3, as it's directed to Arbiter.

I hope this answers your questions adequately. Thank you for posting them.
#EC4Lyfe

What is your opinion of your current fellow candidate?

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

Quote:Feirmont COI:
Past and Present Aliases:
-Feirmont (WA, TSP)
-ElementalFeirmont (Spiritus)
-TSP Radio (TSP)
-Feirmont of TSP (CTE)
-Piranha Plant (CTE)
-Fluffybottoms (CTE)
-Milklandia (CTE)
-Basket Weavers (CTE)

How can I not vote for a candidate who once had a nation called 'Fluffybottoms'?

On a (slightly) more serious note, I think the festivals have been a great success and the FAA sounds like a promising scheme, though you'd need proper buy-in from the MoFA to deliver it.

My question would be out of all the things you want to achieve, what one thing would you want your term of office as Delegate / Vice-Delegate to be remembered for?

How would you work with the rest of the Cabinet, specifically each Cabinet member?

~Professor Henn, Hardcore Leftist, Totally not a Dinosaur

(07-15-2015, 06:56 PM)ProfessorHenn Wrote: What is your opinion of your current fellow candidate?
I've worked closely with ProfessorHenn during my time in the MoRA. He's persistent and resilient. Even through the recent goings on, he hasn't stopped. I am excited to be campaigning against a strong willed individual such as him.

(07-15-2015, 07:37 PM)Hopolis Wrote: How can I not vote for a candidate who once had a nation called 'Fluffybottoms'?

Right? Who else could come up with Nation names like that?

(07-15-2015, 07:37 PM)Hopolis Wrote: On a (slightly) more serious note, I think the festivals have been a great success and the FAA sounds like a promising scheme, though you'd need proper buy-in from the MoFA to deliver it.

My question would be out of all the things you want to achieve, what one thing would you want your term of office as Delegate / Vice-Delegate to be remembered for?

We would like to be remembered for our ability to help newer nations get up on their feet through new programs for the FA and existing programs in the RA. To be the most active and friendly duo both forumside and gameside. To be the executive team that can really show how cultural TSP actually is to the rest of the world.

I hope these answers are sufficient for the questions posted.
#EC4Lyfe