We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Sean For Justice

Yes, I have never held a political position before, nor have I even posted a subject thread before, but there is always a first for something, am I right?

I have chosen to run for Justice simply because it seem's to be a very prestigious position in government.

This is Q&A I suppose, so ask away!

Would you say you have a bias on the issues of the day?
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

(08-14-2015, 05:10 PM)Darkstrait Wrote: Would you say you have a bias on the issues of the day?

I always prefer to approach situations or problems with a neutral mindset and make up my mind based off of the law of the land, weather I like it or not.

Honestly, I'd say you haven't been around long enough to pick up much of a bias.

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

Justices on the High Court should be experts in TSP's constitutional and statutory law. The opinions delivered by the justices have a serious impact on the community.

Can you demonstrate your expertise in TSP law?

(08-14-2015, 09:16 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: Justices on the High Court should be experts in TSP's constitutional and statutory law. The opinions delivered by the justices have a serious impact on the community.

Just a question, in Article 1, Section 2, when it states that a citizen of The South Pacific must post twice in thirty days, or have their citizenship revoked, the constitution doesn't specify whether or not that the citizen must post on the Regional Forum, or on the site Message Board. Can you specify, or is this a subject that can be addressed as a Justice (As Article 4, Section 3: Legal Questions states)?

I believe general consensus is the forums, but technically we've seen nothing that says that that's what it means.

(08-14-2015, 09:39 PM)Sean Nadasky Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 09:16 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: Justices on the High Court should be experts in TSP's constitutional and statutory law. The opinions delivered by the justices have a serious impact on the community.

Just a question, in Article 1, Section 2, when it states that a citizen of The South Pacific must post twice in thirty days, or have their citizenship revoked, the constitution doesn't specify whether or not that the citizen must post on the Regional Forum, or on the site Message Board.  Can you specify, or is this a subject that can be addressed as a Justice (As Article 4, Section 3: Legal Questions states)?

Citizenship is a grant of masking on the forums. All of our laws are about the forum community, unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. Posts on the RMB don't have anything to do with citizenship.

(08-14-2015, 11:07 PM)sandaoguo Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 09:39 PM)Sean Nadasky Wrote:

Just a question, in Article 1, Section 2, when it states that a citizen of The South Pacific must post twice in thirty days, or have their citizenship revoked, the constitution doesn't specify whether or not that the citizen must post on the Regional Forum, or on the site Message Board.  Can you specify, or is this a subject that can be addressed as a Justice (As Article 4, Section 3: Legal Questions states)?

Citizenship is a grant of masking on the forums. All of our laws are about the forum community, unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. Posts on the RMB don't have anything to do with citizenship.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Troll, troll, troll

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest