We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Election Simulator (UPDATED: 31/01/15)

[Image: Vi737hD.jpg]
Download Link

I've had a few requests so I thought I'd share a program I'd been working on. This program allows you to use a set of polling data for your nation to generate yourself a randomized RP election result. If you'd like to create an unpredictable election result, or randomize the details of it, I'd suggest you give it a try.

The Simulator currently supports as many parties and electoral districts as you wish. The program is designed for proportional representation*, but will also do First Past the Post voting if configured appropriately.

Also in its functionality is the ability to generate a 50-day campaign, with a result you can easily export into software such as Excel.

Its latest addition is a Range Generator, which uses a series of elections to estimate the range of potential election results. Provides values for the median, high/low (50% confidence), and maximum/minimum (95% confidence) for each party.

I'm finally comfortable enough with its functionality to release its current form for public use.

Sample campaigns, showing predicted seats and votes over time:
[Image: yJuLWCB.png]
[Image: kLIcUqm.png]

Most of my work so far has been on improving functionality, but now I'm working on improving the User Interface, adjusting it for a larger number of parties and regions while maintaining support for smaller screens, and making the editing and importing easier. This is an open testing stage, so I'm looking for feedback on the current form, and what you'd like to see added or removed from the interface.

*(For the electoral junkies, it's main system is a closed-list proportional representation system)

Link to previous versions

Thanks Faren!
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Wait. You developed this?!

My respect for you has soared by 15,000%.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(10-07-2015, 03:17 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Wait. You developed this?!

My respect for you has soared by 15,000%.

It's been an off and on project for around a year. I finally improved its performance to a level I like.

You are so awesome...
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Merci, this would help me greatly in the upcoming Hammerstarian elections. Great job man, great job.

But… Can you tell me how to use this?
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(10-07-2015, 08:56 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: Merci, this would help me greatly in the upcoming Hammerstarian elections. Great job man, great job.

But… Can you tell me how to use this?

Most of the general info are in the README

This looks so good. Unfortunately, I cannot download anything.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

That's amazing! Good job.

Do I have your permission to share this program with the roleplayers in the North Pacific region?
Ambassador from The North Pacific

Can you give like an instruction manual to this thing Far? I'm still stuck.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains