We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Play Diplomacy - TSP version

Many of you might know the famous board game Avalon Hill, which can be played online as Play Diplomacy, a board game about the First World War in Europe where nations try to take over as many centers as possible, so I came up with the idea to make one based on the TSP map. TO PLAY: use the application below:

Code:
[b]Nation Name (short)[/b]:
[b]Three largest/most important cities[/b]:
[b]Regional subdivisions[/b] (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km[sup]2[/sup], post a map or a description):
[b]Fleet/army ratio[/b]:

How it works:
1. I divide the map into the regions, PD style.
2. Everybody gets the amount of army and fleet (3 per nation) in their centers.
3. Same rules apply as Play Diplomacy.
4. Deadlines are twice a week, Saturday and Tuesday.
5. Every nation PMs me the orders so I can process them.

The thread is open for new applies for the following two weeks. After that the game starts.

Nations: (colours based on the originial Play Diplomacy board)
Liberum Hominis in Terra (red)
Darkstrait (blue)
Hammerstar (purple)
Resentine (yellow)
Karnetvor (green)
Nejopia (orange)
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

Nation Name (short): Liberum Hominis in Terra
Three largest/most important cities: Metroberg, Apud-Cor-Men and Highville
Regional subdivisions (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km2, post a map or a description): Hyacintho Bay (everything northeast to the mountains near the ocean (includes mountains), the Plains (everything south of Hyacintho Bay to around the middle of where on the map it says Winwood) and the Mountains (Everything else)
Fleet/army ratio: (If this means the ratio of naval forces to land force, then 1:5)

Nation Name (short): Darkstrait
Three largest/most important cities: Skotino Steno, Adapis Suilla, Sosaniye
Regional subdivisions (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km2, post a map or a description): I'll post a map later
Fleet/army ratio: 3:1
Darkstrait  :ninja:

Former Justice, Former Local Councilor, Roleplayer, Former SPSF Deputy for Recruitment, Politically Active Citizen, Ex-Spammer Supreme, and Resident Geek

"Hats is very fashion this year."

Nation Name (short): Hammerstar
Three largest/most important cities: Luce, Silvercoat, Imperium
Regional subdivisions (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km2, post a map or a description): What does this mean?
Fleet/army ratio: What does this mean?
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

(11-03-2015, 11:09 AM)Liberum Hominis in Terra Wrote: Nation Name (short): Liberum Hominis in Terra
Three largest/most important cities: Metroberg, Apud-Cor-Men and Highville
Regional subdivisions (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km2, post a map or a description): Hyacintho Bay (everything northeast to the mountains near the ocean (includes mountains), the Plains (everything south of Hyacintho Bay to around the middle of where on the map it says Winwood) and the Mountains (Everything else)
Fleet/army ratio: (If this means the ratio of naval forces to land force, then 1:5)

(11-04-2015, 07:56 AM)Darkstrait Wrote: Nation Name (short): Darkstrait
Three largest/most important cities: Skotino Steno, Adapis Suilla, Sosaniye
Regional subdivisions (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km2, post a map or a description): I'll post a map later
Fleet/army ratio: 3:1

Accepted!

(11-04-2015, 09:30 AM)Hammerstar Wrote: Nation Name (short): Hammerstar
Three largest/most important cities: Luce, Silvercoat, Imperium
Regional subdivisions (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km2, post a map or a description): What does this mean?
Fleet/army ratio: What does this mean?

Regional subdivisions = North Sumatra, Jambi, Jakarta, East Java, North Kalimantan, Southeast Sulawesi, Papua etc. just bigger.
Fleet/army ratio = How many fleet you will have for every number of armies (helps me choose between tanks and boats).
Not available for landlocked countries.
The Solar System Scope

Ummm You mean provinces? Hammerstar is not a provincial state…

Fleet/Army ratio: Landlocked.

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Nation Name (short): Resentine
Three largest/most important cities: Theron, Balent, Anton
Regional subdivisions (preferrably quite big, larger than 10 km2, post a map or a description): Map- http://i.imgur.com/9qYkW4c.png (Not sure how to measure, please advise)
Fleet/army ratio: Approx 1:3
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Nation Name (short): Karnetvor
Three largest/most important cities: Karnetgrad, Peach Creek, Endville
Regional subdivisions: I don't have a map, mainly because I can't/don't know how to make one. However, you can roughly know where the states are, as each of the cities displayed on Karnetvor's main plot on the regional map is a state capital. The subdivisions (and their capitals) are: Karnetia (Peach Creek), Endville (Endville) Hyreil (Hyreil) Molotov (Foreseas), Nitraen (Monachia), Tasternine (Delphiny), and Capital District (Karnetgrad).

Fleet/army ratio: 1:3
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

(11-04-2015, 07:03 PM)Hammerstar Wrote: Ummm You mean provinces? Hammerstar is not a provincial state…

Fleet/Army ratio: Landlocked.

You mean you're just a big blob of clay? Like Monaco and Vatican City?
You need to submit at least three regions, one for each army. Then you can add more without centers.
The Solar System Scope

In TSP-RP, I do not have provinces. Simply big metropolises controlling tinier and tinier parts of the city. But if you insist:

Zenecto, Regina, Anastasia

- Doraemon