We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

An Ongoing Project- Siberian for Minister of the Army

Siberian Districts for Minister of the Army
An Ongoing Project

[Image: ABrvyEE.png]

Hello again! I'll be using a similar theme to my previous election thread, but with some different key points. But before I start I'd like to give a quick outline of the SPSF so far while under my command. We've participated in 7 operations (2 liberations, 3 raids, 2 support) and are in planning for more as we speak. The SPSF has also gone through many internal affairs including a new flag, a field reporter rank, promotions, and updates. While I'm not 100% happy with how this all turned out, I am proud of the SPSF and how we've been growing. But in order to grow to our full potential, I've outlined a couple of my plans that I will put into place if I'm remaining in the seat once elections end.

Streamlining the Rank System-
Currently the SPSF has way too many ranks than needed. Only 4 ranks actually have members holding them, and the rest are empty. This is quite the organizational nightmare and needs to be fixed. I'd like to streamline the rank system to something much more suitable for our size. This will loosen boundaries that our soldiers have regarding their current rank, and give them much more freedom- something that I am fully for.

Recruitment, Recruitment, Recruitment-
I'm honestly ashamed at this part of my recruitment. While we managed to gain 3 more active members, I still feel like I could've done much better, and if I get elected MoA next term, I will be sure to put much more time into this. I'd like to work towards getting our operational reports game-side and also sending some region-wide telegrams regarding the SPSF and our works. Once we're much more visible and people have a better understanding of what we do, I'd like to think we could gain some more recruits that'll actually stay in the SPSF and remain active.

Popularity Within the Region-
When I first joined the South Pacific and was talking to ProfessorHenn about the SPSF, he told me that we were the least popular division in TSP. While I'd like to think this has changed due to our recent successes, we still aren't at the point we need to be. A region should be proud of their military, and I'd like to try working on ways to increase our popularity through TSP. Whether it be by hosting regional war games or just personally telegramming anyone who has questions, I'd definitely like to see us become well-liked.

These are the three key points that I'd like to work on before anything else. While I do have some minor tweaks and turns which I'd like to implement, I hope that once we achieve these three items, they'll become more manageable.
As usual, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
SibDis

Do you agree with me that those interested in joining the SPSF shouldn't have to join the forums to join and if so what will you do about it?
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(11-16-2015, 05:11 PM)Punchwood Wrote: Do you agree with me that those interested in joining the SPSF shouldn't have to join the forums to join and if so what will you do about it?

Thank you for the question! We actually do have a non-forumer in the SPSF (Alice Parker). The problem I have with allowing more players who aren't in the forums into the SPSF is the lack of OPSEC. At least IPs are logged on forums and the admins can tell if they're a player from another region trying to get back at us or something of the likes (provided they aren't using a VPN).
Perhaps a more extensive background check or a time period for being in the region could be in place before allowing someone who isn't on the forums to join our ranks.
SibDis

A few questions, if you will.

What do you believe is the most important aspect of the SPSF that we should be focusing on this next term?

Which of our allies would you say we have the strongest relationship with militarily? Why do we work with those regions the most?

What do you think of the idea of the General Corps? Is it something that looks good on paper, but falls short in practice? Do you have any ideas for a better system?

You stated that we've gained three active SPSF Members. How did you handle their training?

Good luck with your campaign!

Thank you for your questions.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: What do you believe is the most important aspect of the SPSF that we should be focusing on this next term?

As much as I'd hate to say it- recruitment. While it is the most boring and menial part of running the SPSF (not to mention results seem to differ like the time of day), it is a very important one and our recruitment efforts need to be put into overdrive.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: Which of our allies would you say we have the strongest relationship with militarily? Why do we work with those regions the most?

Osiris. We've worked well with them on multiple occasions and seem to share similar practices. While our activity with them has died down when Trick Shot was elected Pharaoh, I look forward to working with them more often in the future.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: What do you think of the idea of the General Corps? Is it something that looks good on paper, but falls short in practice? Do you have any ideas for a better system?

Our current General Corps includes you and Resentine. You're on leave and Resentine has been slightly inactive as of late. I feel like the Corps could be improved, (or perhaps have a complete overhaul) but it has been a good fall-back for when I can't handle something by myself. It's good to have the input of Depite Hammerstar and Jeneral Resentine at times when I'm planning something new.
For military purposes though, I haven't seen any real help. No missions have been scheduled or lead by our G.C and I that can change in the future.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: You stated that we've gained three active SPSF Members. How did you handle their training?

I've tried a couple new things with them. To start I've directed them to our training guides and the "Complete Guide to Military Gameplay" on the NS Forums. Once they've read these, I've fielded questions over IRC and TG. Now while answering questions helps, you won't truly understand what to do until you've gone into the field yourself. With this in mind I take them out for an update on a short tag/detag run where we hit maybe 5 regions and answer questions and clarify information in between.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: Good luck with your campaign!

Thank you!
SibDis

Thank you for your questions.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: What do you believe is the most important aspect of the SPSF that we should be focusing on this next term?

As much as I'd hate to say it- recruitment. While it is the most boring and menial part of running the SPSF (not to mention results seem to differ like the time of day), it is a very important one and our recruitment efforts need to be put into overdrive.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: Which of our allies would you say we have the strongest relationship with militarily? Why do we work with those regions the most?

Osiris. We've worked well with them on multiple occasions and seem to share similar practices. While our activity with them has died down when Trick Shot was elected Pharaoh, I look forward to working with them more often in the future.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: What do you think of the idea of the General Corps? Is it something that looks good on paper, but falls short in practice? Do you have any ideas for a better system?

Our current General Corps includes you and Resentine. You're on leave and Resentine has been slightly inactive as of late. I feel like the Corps could be improved, (or perhaps have a complete overhaul) but it has been a good fall-back for when I can't handle something by myself. It's good to have the input of Depite Hammerstar and Jeneral Resentine at times when I'm planning something new.
For military purposes though, I haven't seen any real help. No missions have been scheduled or lead by our G.C and I that can change in the future.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: You stated that we've gained three active SPSF Members. How did you handle their training?

I've tried a couple new things with them. To start I've directed them to our training guides and the "Complete Guide to Military Gameplay" on the NS Forums. Once they've read these, I've fielded questions over IRC and TG. Now while answering questions helps, you won't truly understand what to do until you've gone into the field yourself. With this in mind I take them out for an update on a short tag/detag run where we hit maybe 5 regions and answer questions and clarify information in between.

(11-17-2015, 01:02 AM)Arbiter08 Wrote: Good luck with your campaign!

Thank you!
SibDis

What are your thoughts on participating in any Warzone activities?

Under your current term, has the SPSF done any joint operations with TSP's current allies, or any other military force in NS?
Semi-Unretired

(11-17-2015, 04:15 PM)Drugged Monkeys Wrote: What are your thoughts on participating in any Warzone activities?

The SPSF liberated Warzone Sandbox and protected it's native government for over a month on a mission led by Henn and I. But aside from that I haven't seen much. I don't really feel any true need to target Warzones or attack them in any way I wouldn't hit another region.

(11-17-2015, 04:15 PM)Drugged Monkeys Wrote: Under your current term, has the SPSF done any joint operations with TSP's current allies, or any other military force in NS?

We've worked with Lazarus, Osiris, The West Pacific, DEN, TBH, Lone Wolves United, Albion, and the ex-region Funen.
SibDis

What is one thing you would do over if you could from this last term? (It's okay if there isn't anything)

I'd definitely like to put a greater focus on recruiting. I feel like I hit the other key points in my November campaign but fell short on the recruitment one. I'd like to change this my second time around.
SibDis