We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Alt Layout Idea #1

When the new Cabinet first took office there was a little discussion between Scylla and myself about the forum layout.  I came up with this rather quickly.

Airport
-Welcome Center 
- Applicaiton Hall (Now includes all applications for Cit, Embassy, SPSF, etc)
-Fellowship (or renamed new initiative)
-Discord Chat Link

Downtown
-NS Discussion Center
--Media Stuff
--Civic and Political Organization Center
-Treasure Island
-Embassy Row

Fudgetopia Hall of Govt.
-Assembly
-Government House
-MoRA
-MoFA
-SPSF
-CSS
-High Court
--Parole Board (moved)

OOC
-Lampshade Bar (Fold in SPU)
-Spam Games
-Forum Operations

Hall of Records (No Changes)
I only listed index level forums and changes to sub-forums.

I like the Application Hall!

However I think we should change the name from Airport to 'Welcoming Center'

and then change Welcome center to 'Introduce Yourself'
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

I like this set up. I would generally suggest pulling out sub-forums for each type of application. But otherwise, I'm a fan.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I like it but I'd put the OCC after the Airport to maximise activity.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

The reason I was thinking about pushing that down further is because that area of the forum doesn't need help in the activity area. I think it matters less where that forum section is because of that. We can hide it behind another forum and it would still have activity.

Yeah, I agree, it's always going to be active, no matter where we put it, so it makes more sense to have things we need more activity in up higher.

No I disagree, I think the reason it is so much more activity in the forum is because it is higher up. So people can quickly just hop onto their phones post there or members see it straight away and think I should go there.

They're not going to stop posting there if it takes half a second longer to find it.

From a purely strategic standpoint, it'll be better having the Spam stuff toward the bottom. The hope is that people will pass the more relevant parts, see something they are interested in and get involved — on their way to spam.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

If I am to be 100% honest I don't think a wee change to the forum layout is going to result in a sudden boast of activity. We should be talking about real important things not changing little unimportant things.