We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nominations
Exclamation 
February 2016 Special Elections

[Image: q2ssVqF.png]

Nominations

The nomination period is now open and will remain open for seventy-two hours, until 00:00 EST on February 15, 2016.

In accordance with Sections 1.4-7 of the Election Act:

Quote:4. All elections shall consist of a pre-voting period lasting six days and a voting period lasting three days. Citizens shall have to declare their candidacy or accept their nomination within the first three days of the pre-voting period.
5. No one can run for or hold more than one Cabinet position, or more than one Justice position, or more than one Local Council position or both a Cabinet, Justice or Local Council position at any given time.
6. Candidates for elections may self-declare or be nominated by another Citizen. Candidates must file a Conflict of Interest Disclosure at the time of their acceptance of a nomination or self-declaration.
7. Nominations may be accepted in absentia, as long as they are sent to the Election Commissioner at most two weeks before the start of the pre-voting period, and include a Conflict of Interest disclosure.

Please be aware that any Citizen may run or nominate to any office, but may only run for one. (If one attempts to run for multiple offices, they will be understood to be running only for the last office they declared candidacy for.)

Please note that no candidacy is valid without both acceptance of nomination / self-declaration here in this thread and a conflict of interest disclosure in the designated thread.

Please also note that, in accordance with Section 2.1 of the Election Act, no candidacy for Delegate or Vice Delegate is valid without a running mate:

Quote:1. The Delegate and Vice Delegate will run on a joint ticket.

Finally, I will be posting nominations accepted in absentia as the ball of timey wimey stuff permits, and any person is welcome to run for Crazy Person.

Received Nominations and Declarations

For Delegate and Vice Delegate
Candidates:
  1. Tsunamy (CoI) & Drugged Monkeys (CoI)
  2. Wolf (CoI)& Mall (CoI)
Nominees:-
Declined: -
Invalid: -

For Chair of the Assembly
Candidates:
  1. Awe (CoI)
Declared: -
Nominees:
  1. Belschaft

For Minister of Foreign Affairs
Candidates:
  1. Farengeto (CoI)
  2. HEM (CoI)
Disputed Candidates:
Nominees: -
Withdrawn:
  1. Feirmont (CoI)
  2. Belschaft (CoI)

For Minister of the Army
Candidates:
  1. Resentine (CoI)
Nominees:
  1. Arbiter08

For Minister of Regional Affairs
Candidates:
  1. Zak6858 (CoI)
  2. Punchwood (CoI)
  3. Cathalea (CoI)
Declared: -
Nominees:
  1. The Solar System Scope
  2. Kris Kringle

For Crazy Person
Declared Candidates:
  1. rhinotaz (CoI)
  2. RandomGuy200 (CoI)
Decreed Candidates:
  1. Cormac
  2. The Master
  3. Sandaoguo
Nominated Candidates:
  1. Every Citizen
  2. Meaningful Cough
  3. Todd McCloud's fox avatar (CoI)
Nominees:
  1. RON
  2. Eluvatar's turtle.
Invalid Because I Say So: -
Forseen To Exist: -

I nominate:

Tsunamy and Drugged Monkeys for Delegate and Vice Delegate
Awe for Chair of the Assembly
HEM for Minister of Foreign Affairs
Arbiter08 for Minister of the Army
The Solar System Scope for Minister of Regional Affairs

I would nominate myself for Crazy Person but I can't remember all my past regional affiliations, so the conflict of interest disclosure isn't happening. Tounge

(02-12-2016, 01:22 AM)Cormac Wrote: I nominate:

Tsunamy and Drugged Monkeys for Delegate and Vice Delegate
Awe for Chair of the Assembly
HEM for Minister of Foreign Affairs
Arbiter08 for Minister of the Army
The Solar System Scope for Minister of Regional Affairs

I would nominate myself for Crazy Person but I can't remember all my past regional affiliations, so the conflict of interest disclosure isn't happening.  Tounge

Acknowledged.

I decree that you should go make a suitably Crazy CoID for Crazy Person. Or else I will shame you with great shame. (Translation: put down whatever feels suitable for the sillyness).

I nominate myself for MoRA.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

I declare my candidacy for Minister of Foreign Affairs
#EC4Lyfe

I declare my candidacy for Chair of the Assembly

I accept my nomination

I nominate myself for MoRA. I will be posting a conflict of interest thingy after hours today, when I can access my computer and my last conflict of interest. I will also be running for Craziest Person on the grounds that I have no clue what I'm doing.

3 cheers and death to my opponents as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

I shall be winning for the Craziest Person this turn around under the sponsorship of our dear RON. Much obliged. Where's the crown?

<33

(02-12-2016, 02:04 AM)Zak6858 Wrote: I nominate myself for MoRA.
(02-12-2016, 02:23 AM)Feirmont Wrote: I declare my candidacy for Minister of Foreign Affairs
(02-12-2016, 02:58 AM)Farengeto Wrote: I declare my candidacy for Chair of the Assembly
(02-12-2016, 04:15 AM)Awe Wrote: I accept my nomination
(02-12-2016, 07:22 AM)Cathalea Wrote: I nominate myself for MoRA. I will be posting a conflict of interest thingy after hours today, when I can access my computer and my last conflict of interest. I will also be running for Craziest Person on the grounds that I have no clue what I'm doing.

3 cheers and death to my opponents as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-12-2016, 09:19 AM)rhinotaz Wrote: I shall be winning for the Craziest Person this turn around under the sponsorship of our dear RON. Much obliged. Where's the crown?

Acknowledged.

I decree The Master to be a candidate for Craziest Person.