We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Resignation

Due to my election as Minizter of Foreign Affairs I must regretfully resign as the Permanent Justice.

Which means that a new special election for the Justice slot Far just vacated is now needed.

Brilliant.

(02-23-2016, 12:09 PM)Wolf Wrote: Which means that a new special election for the Justice slot Far just vacated is now needed.

Brilliant.

I suppose you missed the part where we got rid of Judicial elections.

I suppose so, but the fact remains we no longer have a Justice, which will help tremendously.

Wait, did I say help? I meant that other word...

*smells the salt*

<33

Damn right. The guy who denied Bel from running for MoFA then ran for the position himself, got elected, and now leaves a Justice position open during one of the most vulnerable times in recent TSP history.

Luckily he partly gets to pick his own replacement, so that's fun.

(02-23-2016, 01:10 PM)Wolf Wrote: Luckily he partly gets to pick his own replacement, so that's fun.

It is fun! Means we will have a Justice for the GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

(02-23-2016, 01:16 PM)Cathalea Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 01:10 PM)Wolf Wrote: Luckily he partly gets to pick his own replacement, so that's fun.

It is fun! Means we will have a Justice for the GC.

Well, maybe.

We'll get one after the Cabinet picks a nominee, and then submits it to the Assembly.

And then there is a mandatory three day discussion period. And then there is a possible five day voting period for nominee rejections. And then the nominee must be rejected by a three-fourths vote.

So we might have a Justice for the GC. Maybe.

(02-23-2016, 01:24 PM)Wolf Wrote: And then there is a mandatory five day voting period. And then the nominee must be approved by at least three-fourths.

It's a disapproval vote. It only happens if you make it happen, otherwise it's just the discussion period and it's automatically approval. Even the vote is 75% AGAINST the nomination.

Yeah, I corrected it before you posted.

In any case, might as well start nominating someone now so you can submit the choice to the Assembly as soon as possible.