We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Star Wars Civil War

[quote name="CrimsonTideFan" post="119281" timestamp="1394163377"]
Because the previous Star Wars thread was getting spammy, this one has been created as a new and improved version of the old one.
Rules:
Sign up for what side and role that you plan to choose, multiple roles ARE allowed
Specific characters can ONLY be killed if their creator decides to kill them off.
People who've already signed up and roles (there is still room for more)
Escade- Jedi, supporter of the Rebels
Farengeto- Imperial Sith Lord, Leader of the Empire
Bundesdeutschland- Rebel
Arbiter- Jedi, supporter of the Rebels
Qvait- Sith who switches to the Rebel's side
The Glorious Sun- Sith, supporter of the Empire
CrimsonTideFan- two non jedi/sith characters, one character for each side
Ryccia- padawan to Escade's master, and becomes a jedi.
[/quote]

[quote name="CrimsonTideFan" post="119282" timestamp="1394163466"]
War Room, Merc Barracks of General Marcus Meridius, Helios, Patagonya System (8,26,96)

Newsfeed on Holocron: "Yesterday morning, people in Imperial City were awaken early this morning as a band of rebels attacked the imperial palace. The attack is said to have killed at least 17 people and wounded many others. Emperor Farengeto said 13 civilians were killed in in the attack while taking a tour of the palace. The rebel group Alliance to Restore the Republic claimed responsibility for the attack but said that no civilians were killed." General Marcus Meridius watched the holocron cast, thinking, planning his course of action. The war room of his barracks was lightened only by the holocron playing the rest of the news in the center of the room. But it was no time for relaxing: the affair was troubling him. Even though his platoon of mercs were not directly affected by the situation at hand. He knew things would have changed, but it needed to predict how to properly prepare: If he joined the Empire, whose to say his planet won't be the next target after the rebellion had been crushed. On the other hand, if he sided with the rebellion, being the ally of the loser would certainly end with the galactic superpower at his throat. Both decisions had a complicated number of advantages and disadvantages. He glanced away, and walked out of the war room to the main hall of the barracks. He thought back to what his previous commander Jango Fett said after their defeat of the Battle of Galidraan : "The best outcome is one that rewards you long after the job is complete." General Meridius decided he would determine that the overall better option for his men was to join the rebels. He walks to his lieutenant and adoptive son Zabrak Deimos Grjak, who stands at attention upon seeing the General.
General Meridius: “At ease Deimos, have you heard about the attack on Coruscant?”
Lt. Grjak:“Yes sir”
General Meridius: "What do you think?"
Lt. Grjak: "The rebels are foolish to take on such a force as the empire."
General Meridius: "So we should join them then?"
Lt. Grjak: "Do you think we should oppose them?"
General Meridius: "What's to stop the empire from attacking us after the rebels are defeated?"
Lt. Grjak went silent and bowed his head in shame.
General Meridius smiled "Don't worry about it Deimos, it takes time to think ahead on such matters. Have you heard anything of Sheelal?"
Lt. Grjak: "He's already contracted with the Empire."
General Meridius: "Hmm. Well then, that'll make this conflict that much more interesting."
[/quote]

[quote name="Escade" post="119284" timestamp="1394164888"]
Coruscant

A young woman stands in tiny balcony. She wears a simple robe that hides her form and figure. From her view the Jedi Temple, once the shining glory of the city and now a barricaded desolation, is directly visible under the waning sun.

"Master, the empire seeks and destroys Jedi's. We cannot let them massacre us into oblivion."

"Peace, young padawan. We will work out a plan to get into the temple and assist our besieged brethren. We must do so from a position of peace. Your inner turmoil radiates dangerously."

The young woman signs and nods but she cannot help pacing restlessly back and forth in the small balcony square.

Her master is quite, contemplative. Meditating in the evening glow.

"What can we do?" she blurts.

"Action, not reaction is required," the Master indicates.

While her master goes back into his commune with the force, she makes a plan.
[/quote]

[quote name="CrimsonTideFan" post="119319" timestamp="1394203074"]
Main Hall, Merc Barracks of General Saes lij Sheelal, Helios, Patagonya System (8,26,96)
*General Sheelal enters the barracks
Merc: What did they...?
General Sheelal: "Do not speak until you are spoken to!"
*The merc looked down to avert Sheelal's gaze and went silent
General Sheelal: Men, the empire has just informed me that they wish to pay us [img=http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080415135725/starwars/images/3/3c/AurebeshSans-Serif_credit.png]700,000,000 to join their cause. Furthermore they will pay an extra [img=http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080415135725/starwars/images/3/3c/AurebeshSans-Serif_credit.png]1,000,000 to individual who captures of the rebel leader alive. You may celebrate tonight, but tomorrow anyone who is not on the ship does not get paid. You are dismissed.
*As the men were leaving General Sheelal saw the merc who spoke out of turn.
General Sheelal: You! *pointing to him Come here!
*The merc quivered as he made his way to Sheelal.
*General Sheelal stands and walks towards him until he his right in front of him. Then he pulls out one of his lightsabers and plunges it into the merc's stomach
General Sheelal: Keep in mind that I own everyone in this troop. You are below me. Therefore if I wish you to speak only then can you speak. You are dismissed.
*The merc falls to the floor, Sheelal looks towards the horrified maid hiding behind a column.
General Sheelal: Clean this up! I pay you to take trash out of my facility, not to stand idle!
*The maid walked towards the body quivering with fear and with discomfort grabs the body and drags it out with difficulty. General Sheelal watches her until she's made it out of the door, turns around and walks towards his throne.
[/quote]

[quote name="Arbiter08" post="119359" timestamp="1394217183"]
Corascant

Jedi Master Vandegar sat meditating in his chambers. His long brown robe flowing as if there was a wind. Yet there was no wind in his chambers. The room itself felt as if it was filled with the Force. Ever since young Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker had fallen to the dark side Jedi Master Vandegar had been hidden in his chambers deep below the Jedi Temple. He felt all of the pain, and suffering above him, yet he knew that alone he would not succed in retaking the temple. Jedi Master Vandegar heard a couple of small beeping noises and a long whirring noise.
"Easy T3. I am aware of the approaching clones."
T3 produced a series of quick beeps.
"Do not worry, the shield we have installed will hold them back for a while."
Jedi Master Vandegar opened his eyes. Something felt wrong. He looked around and saw his small droid companion, T3-A6. The ancient astromech droid was in great condition. It's white chassis was dented in some areas, and reinforced in others. It's head looked like it was a dome with the top flattened. The shield generator attached to it's chassis was very high quality, and would not break easily.

"I sense that Anakin is approaching. We must leave. T3, can you start our speeder remotely?
T3 two quick beeps.
"Please do." Jedi Master Vandegar said.
Vandegar stood up and held his right hand out to the side. His double-bladed green lightsaber flew to his hand.
"Let us make haste."
Vandegar quickly grabbed a small pack and slung it over his shoulder. He then exited the room, with T3 close behind.
[/quote]

[quote name="CrimsonTideFan" post="119399" timestamp="1394223582"]
A cantina, Helios, Patagonya system (8,26,96)
Both generals and their men were celebrating. Alcohol, it's ability to change the mood of a room in an instant. Marcus watched and smiled as Deimos was flirting with some waitress as most young men his age do. His smile faded when he saw one of Sheelal's men approach Deimos.
Merc: Hey, what do you think you're doing?
Deimos: Well, I was talking to this nice lady. Now I'm talking to you.
Merc: You damn well better keep your hands off her.
Deimos: And what are you gonna do if I don't.
*The merc pulls a vibroblade and attempts to stab Deimos who disarms him.
Deimos: What are you going to do now.
*General Sheelal walks up to Deimos
General Sheelal: Nicely done boy, but anyone can disarm a fool. How well can you do that against someone who truly knows what their doing.
*pulls his lightsaber
General Sheelal: Can you do that trick with one of these?
General Meridius walks up and steps between Deimos and the Kaleesh.
Marcus: Go sit down Deimos
Deimos: But Marcus.
Marcus: I said sit down!
General Sheelal: Better do as the General asks boy.
Marcus: How about you Saes, how well do handle yourself against someone who knows what they're doing.
*The temperature in the air seemed to drop as the rival generals stared each other down. General Sheelal was first one to change the subject.
General Sheelal: Have you heard about the attack on Coruscant this morning Marcus?
Marcus: Yes.
General Sheelal: Have you chosen to enlist your services to the empire.
Marcus: I don't know yet. I've been thinking about joining the rebellion, you know. Giving the underdog a fighting chance.
General Sheelal: A fighting chance? The rebellion is going to need a lot more than you if they wish to succeed.
Marcus: We'll see.
*The two stare each other down for another second before General Meridius went back to his booth to sit with Deimos. Sheelal laughs as Marcus walked.
Deimos: I could have taken him.
Marcus: No, you couldn't have. He played you right into his hands. You made the rookie mistake of letting him get to you. Getting pissed off only makes your judgement worse. He has many more years of experience than you do.
*Deimos went silent
Marcus: And one day that same error is what's gonna bring Saes to his downfall in the future.
Deimos: What do you mean?
Marcus: What I mean is that Saes is a very strategic military leader. But he is arrogant and short-tempered. He believes that his money and his operation has made him superior to all. But it is an illusion, he uses it as a cloak to mask his fear.
Deimos: Fear of what?
Marcus: Fear of anyone who doesn't fear him. Fear of me. Get the men. Tell them to go back to the barracks and sleep off the alcohol.
Deimos: Why?
*He hands them a holocron.
Deimos: What is this?
Marcus: My guess, a rebel fleet who Saes plans to ambush tomorrow.
[/quote]

[quote name="Escade" post="119430" timestamp="1394252439"]
Apartment Hideout, Coruscant

The young woman tries to exit the small apartment quietly.

"Where are you going, Josephine?" Jedi Master Gardiner does not open his eyes but he runs a finger along the silver hair at his temples.

"We are out of bread, Master," Josephine stutters.

"Is there a reason you are equipped with all of your weapons," Master Gardiner admonishes.

"You will let them all die," Josephine yells out in anger. She thinks of her fellow padawan and best friend and hopes he is safe.

"Padawan Jospheine Vu, you are reckless and a fool," Master Gardiner says. He opens his eyes and shakes his head in disappointment. Gathering their false identity cards and a few other items, he opens the door. "Let us get some bread together, then," he says.

Sunshine Inn, Coruscant

The Jedi and Padawan, dressed in laymen clothes, stand inside of thee unassuming inn. It is small and sparsely decorated. Behind a glass case are an assortment of fresh cakes, pies, and sandwiches.

"What will you two be havin' this fine night?" A jovial alien asks.

"We'd like two loaves of bread, Mezlin cheese and your best ale," Jedi Master Alan Gardiner says.

The alien nods and looks around. There are only three tables and they are all occupied. "Sure, are you looking to stay here? We've got a table in the back if you'd like to sit."

With a series of hand movements the alien conveys the number of Storm troopers and clones stationed by the empire at the Temple gates.

"Sure," Master Gardiner says, "We'll take a seat in the back, it's good to have a fresh meal now and then." With his hands he conveys that he and the young woman with him will be entering the Temple by nightfall in a rescue attempt.

The alien arranges the menus on the counter top and continues to use his hand gestures to communicate with the Jedi. "Right through there," the alien says pointing towards a loosely swinging door.

Master Gardiner and Padawan Vu walk through the door, past the kitchens where a television is blaring, and past the employee only restrooms. A dingy door opens into a closet. Master Gardiner presses a sequence and the vinyl ceiling folds away to reveal a series of steps.

"Into the tunnels we go," Padawan Vu says excitedly.
[/quote]

[quote name="Ryccia" post="119506" timestamp="1394331259"]
Daonlathas, Ryccia...
"Hmm... Im so bored". Then suddently the King sees a portal appaer out of nowhere "What the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!" Then in a couple of seconds, the King gets sucked in. He sees a world of advanced tech. "Wow, never seen that before. Or that! Wait, why does this remind me of... Star Wars?! No no, this cannot be happening!". Then he notices a person getting bread on a bakery. "I'll go ask her if I could get some shelter for some weeks and figure out my next move". The King, confused, begins to walk in the bakery to ask shelter. Could that stranger help him?
[/quote]

[quote name="Farengeto" post="119520" timestamp="1394337150"]
Super Star Destroyer Eternal
Orbit over Corusant

The Rebel Officer did not even have time to make a sound. His head hit the floor before then. Emperor Farengeto deactivated his lightsaber and returned it under his robes, motioning to a pair of stormtroopers to dispose of the mess. The Emperor looked out of the bridge into the stars - Imperial stars - HIS stars. For soon he would eliminate the Rebel scum for once and for all. Their latest attack had been their most ambitious yet, but he was not concerned. The attack had given him terrorist anti-Rebel propaganda, and a bit of persuasion had given him some information from the captured Rebel.

The Emperor opened communications with Captain of a Star Destroyer of the construction site's fleet. For a non-human (what was its kind called? Did it start with a T?) to hold such a rank within the Empire must have been an honour. They had served the Republic well and it seemed quite loyal.

"It is time to advance my plans. The Alliance has increased its activity in your sector. I need you to transfer the plans to these coordinates. Tell noone of your mission, not even your crew. Do not let the plans fall out of Imperial hands."

The Captain bowed, "It will be done, Emperor. Nothing will stop this construction. No one will stop the Death Star."

And as the Emperor cut communication he returned to his view and laughed.

But within hours the Alliance had learned of the transfer and the lone Star Destroyer carrying the plans.
[/quote]

[quote name="The Glorious Sun" post="119525" timestamp="1394339795"]
Grand Star Destroyer
Eating popcorn watching comedies over Geinosis

Flips channels. What is this? How dare they rebel scum! They shall be executed for grand treason! Now, Captain, *walks down hall with grand captain of empire* we cant be leetting jedi scum run rampant over our jurisdiction, now can we? Why of course no lh great Lord Glorious Sun. No, no we cant, you are right. So, captain, I trust you will tell your troops to take them out. Yes, My Lord. Good, so captain,, how is your health? Fine sir. Ids it? Yes, I think so. *chokes captain*

Pulls oit cell phone, calls Farengeto. So, Farengeto, would you like to crush some jedi brains....after the atrack...yes, yes on monday...Ok, hope to see you there....yes...Good bye.
[/quote]

[quote name="CrimsonTideFan" post="119552" timestamp="1394375723"]
Dockyard for Saes' fleet Helios, Patagonya (8,26,96)
Marcus: *whispering Deimos, we need to know how they are going to attack, so that we don't find ourselves in the middle of it also.
*pulls out a tracking beacon.
Marcus: Do you know which one is Saes' ship?
Deimos: Yes.
Marcus: Good, plant the tracking beacon where he won't see it. I'll keep watch for guards. Put this in, and activate the comm before you go.
*Deimos puts the comm in and makes his way through the dockyard.
Deimos: There are sentries settled here.
Marcus: Droids, or mercs?
Deimos: Warden 10-24 security droids. "Red Terror" units.
Marcus: Saes must have a thing for buying antiques.
Deimos: In case you didn't know these "antiques" are still considered the best security droids in the galaxy.
Marcus: They're still antiques none the less. Let me see if I can get their attention. Move on the signal.
Deimos: What's the signal?
Marcus: You'll know it when you see it.
*Deimos waited until he heard a loud crashing sound he looked up and saw the security droids go to investigate the disturbance. Deimos moved quickly and silently towards Saes' ship the "Imperator." He turned around and saw the security droids headed back to their post. He cursed under his breath, and planted the tracking beacon on the underbelly of Saes' ship.
Deimos: "Marcus, the droids are back in their positions, what do you advise."
Marcus: I don't know, we might not be able to do this quietly as we originally planned.
Deimos: I have an idea, you probably won't like it.
Marcus: What is it?
Deimos: I can stay in the dockyard until Saes deactivates the droids. There's so much junk laying around here that I can easily hide until they launch.
Marcus: You're right, I don't like it.
Deimos: Our only other option is to fight the droids, and that will get Saes' attention.
Marcus: *sighs* Just be careful.
[/quote]

[quote name="Arbiter08" post="119833" timestamp="1394559506"]
Tunnels beneath the Jedi Temple

"Hold up T3, I sense something."
Jedi Master Vandegar felt the life force of many things approaching him. They all seemed alike, filled with life, yet without any feeling.
"Clones. They are coming this way."
Master Vandegar gripped his lightsaber loosely in his hand, and sat down crossed-legged in the middle of the tunnel. He closed his eyes as he felt the clones approaching him. He thought of where the clones would emerge from, where they would raise their blasters, and finally where their bullets would travel. He felt a small burst of satisfaction as he succesfully used the ancient art of Battle Meditation. He opened his eyes, and watched as what he had meditated upon came true. The clones rounded a corner and stopped as they saw him. They broke out in a slow sprint towards him, with their blasters pointed at the ground. They stopped well within the range of their blasters, yet too far away for his lightsaber to be effective in melee combat. They raised their blaster rifles as Master Vandegar rose from his position. Master Vandegar activated his lightsaber, then the clones fired. Master Vandegar spun his double-bladed green lightsaber around a couple of times, deflecting the bullets that were being fired at him. None of their bullets hit their mark, yet the ones he deflected back hit theirs. Volleys of blaster rifle fire sped back towards the clones, and easily punctured their armor. Killing them almost as soon as they hit. Master Vandegar walked towards them, and sensed that one of them was feigning death, and quickly changed that. T3 then came out of hiding, and started to scavenge the corpses. He procured a small com device attached to one of the clone's helmets. T3 beeped and whistled a couple of times and offered the device to Master Vandegar.
"Nice find! You keep it for now, I need you to make sure that they cannot track us through it."
Master Vandegar and T3 continued the long walk through the maze of tunnels beneath the temple. They were heading westward, towards the speeder bay when T3 started beeping very rapidly.
"What is it T3?"
T3 produced a hologram figure from the projector on his chest. It was of a sith lord, that appeared to be high above Coruscant. It appeared to be relaying orders to a captain. Something about plans for some kind of.... Super Star Destroyer? Something about a lone ship carrying these plans to some construction site.
"Well, we must find these plans. Stop them from building this. This.... Thing looks powerful enough to destroy all of Coruscant."
T3 nodded it's dome-shaped head.
"Then I know where we are going next." Master Vandegar said.
[/quote]

[quote name="CrimsonTideFan" post="121705" timestamp="1395544030"]
Cantina, Helios, Patagonya System (8,26,96)

As Marcus and Deimos left the cantina remained much quieter than it had before. It rage was apparent on Saes' face. When a new guy in his merc corps drunkenly made a bold action.

Drunk: Hey Saes!

*Saes answers with a glare

Drunk: Yeah you, I'm talking to you, you p*ssy! How can the great and terrible Saes lij Sheelal, former warlord of Kalee, be made look like a total b*tch by an old man and a freak?!

*Saes walks to the young drunk.

Drunk: I ain't scared of you, why should I if you're afraid of getting your ass kicked by an old man?!

Saes: You're right, if an old man should be able to take you, so should you.

Drunk: Uh, I don't know man, I mean I was just kidding around with you Saes.

Saes: No you were serious to call me out in front of these people, time to put your money where your mouth is. Here.*tosses a lightsaber, which the drunk fumbles between his hands* On your go, keep in mind that if you don't attack first I will.

Drunk: Come on Saes, please man just let me go. I'm sorry.

Saes: Now draw your weapon.

Drunk: I don't know how.

Saes: Looks like you won't stand much of a chance then. *He activates the lightsaber and walks towards the recruit.*

The drunk seeing his turns to flee, he makes it five feet before Saes catches and throws him through the bar counter which is followed by a stab in the shoulder by Saes' lightsaber. The drunk screamed in agony.

Drunk: *Screaming*I'm sorry Saes, I'm sorry. *He screams some more.*

Saes: No you're not. Not yet. *He severs the recruit's arm. Which is only answered by more screaming.* You think you can call me a coward, as I stand by without answering! *He holsters the lightsaber.* Do you!*He picks up the drunk with one arm as the other three bash his abdomen to the point that his internal organs are mush. With the recruit, dropped the dying recruit and turned around* Does anyone else wish to call me a coward? *As the bar remained silent Saes scanned the room one more time before he headed towards the door.* Men! Get to the barracks now, the time of celebration has ended. *He saw his men get up from thier tables, pay for their drinks, and walk out the door. He saw the last two men go to pick up their dying companion.* Leave him.

Merc: But sir!

Saes: Leave him, he was stupid enough to challenge me, let him rot in the floor!

The two men dropped the man, who winced in pain. Saes took a last look at the former recruit and stepped out himself. On the way back to the barracks he though about the ambush tomorrow. Emperor Farengeto talked about receiving a transmission from a rebel channel about ambushing a fleet that was transporting equipment and weapons to aid the Imperial forces in the conflict going on in Felucia. He remembered the emperor's last orders as he walked out the door.

Emperor: General, show no mercy with these scum. Crush them like the insects they are.

Saes: No problem sir.
[/quote]

OOC: Is there anyway we could clean this up?
DMoRA of the CIA
MoA
Officer in the SPSF

OOC: The format will be fixed up once everything's been recovered.

Yes, I'll work on formatting stuff tomorrow!

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

OOC: Okay, that works. I was just wondering. Did the other threads make it also?
DMoRA of the CIA
MoA
Officer in the SPSF

How would I sign up for this RP thread?

Just post saying what side you are on (Jedi/Sith;Rebels/Empire).

I was thinking of starting the RPs over fresh. What do people think about that? We could keep Archives of the old ones but start fresh threads for the ones people are interested in.

For example, for this one we could start fresh and give more people a chance to sign up. The people who have posted could change roles or continue.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Might be for the best.

I would also suggest we work out a basic overview of what's going on, and a clear indication of when, rather than the scattered events we were starting. There was 18 years between the two trilogies, and the galaxy is unimaginably big.

For some extra fun, why not try another time period? The first Galactic Republic spanned 25,000 years. It was also only in the last millennium or so that the sith implemented the "Rule of Two" (maximum two sith at any time. one master, one apprentice). Or even in the times after the First Galactic Civil War. The destruction of the Second Death Star was far from the end of the war.

If we start a new roleplay, we should hold a poll for what era people'd like play. Old Republic, Rise Of The Empire, Rebellion, New Republic, New Jedi Order, or Legacy, and we can narrow it down from there.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific