We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Workspace of the Assembly

Workspace of the Assembly

Across town in a building far from the decorum of the formal Assembly, sits a large room with a couple desks overlooking a rapidly gentrifying area of town. The modern work spaces have a welcoming feel where members often come to hash of the intricate details of of potential legislation.

On the office white board, a message has been written by the chair in red dry erase marker:

Welcome to the workspace of the Assembly!

Please feel free to use the space as you need!

The procedures of the Assembly will be as follows:
  • Members are asked to treat others with respect and to keep the proper decorum of the Assembly.
  • Any member who suggests legislation is expected to write the initial draft of legislation.
  • Other members are may edit and add to the existing drafts of legislation.
  • Once an acceptable draft has been complied, a member shall motion it to a vote.
  • If it receives a second, the Chair will hold a vote on the legislation.
  • Otherwise, enjoy and have fun!
-tsu

May I ask why we have multiple pieces of legislation waiting to be brought to vote?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I believe the only piece of legislation I believe that is ready and hasn't been brought for a vote is the "Ideals and Principles" amendment, and honestly, I just haven't had the fortitude to big through the threads in a couple days.

Is there something I'm missing Bels? I know we had several pieces discussed, but nothing motioned or seconded.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

We also have seconded motions on Citizenship Removals (Charter 1.2.7) and Judicial Elections. By my count we have at least three pieces of legislation waiting to go to vote, more if we count competing and spoiler legislation (defining competing as multiple drafts on the same topic, and spoiler as altered versions of someone else's legislation).
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

In addition to citizenship during elections, I posted a vote for Ideas and Principles and citizenship removals.

I've requested someone rewrite the Judicial Elections Amendment because as it stands I haven't a clue where the changes are suppose to go.

I clicked through most of the threads in the Assembly and I think this is all that's ready. But, if you have something else, please share the link.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]