We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Public Confession

Hello TSP.

Now you may have heard about issues surrounding the MoRA recently. I am here to make a public confession about those rumours. Kris had sent a PM to me saying he and Roavin had planned a festival to celebrate Collation Day and I’ll say it I was pissed off. I had quite clearly said there would be no festivals while I was Minister as I did not believe the Ministry could at that stage handle it. I sent him this in return.

“Was there much point even bothering to ask me? You guys have done everything it seems. The elections haven't started yet I'm still Minister. I should really say no and fire the both of you however I'll consider it.”

I’m not proud of it but I was annoyed that they had go against what I had said. I then went to the Cabinet asking their view on it. While there I said I had different options, I could let it go ahead but fire Roavin and Kris, I could just say no and fire them both, I could just say no, I could let it go ahead but try and take the credit for it, I could just try and divert attention to other areas of the Ministry so they wouldn’t be able to let it go ahead or I could let it go ahead and take no action against Roavin and Kris. I’m glad I took the latter choice and the right choice.

The fact was I had already made my mind up, Resentine himself admitted that I had already made my mind up before I had even asked the Cabinet. If I was going to fire Roavina and Kris I would have done so already I could have never taken credit for the festival as Kris and Roavin had done nearly all the work before hand and the moment that thread was archived would have proved that. I was always going to let the festival go ahead I just wanted confirmation from the Cabinet beforehand and I did from some. Resentine despite attacking me over this whole drama did recommend that I didn’t let the festival go ahead at first.

I do still believe that I had a right to be angry, I’m the Minister for Regional Affairs I’m supposed to know about what’s going on in my Minster and I shouldn’t be cut from the conversation. Kris and Roavin had planned out about 95% for the whole festival already all they really needed was me to let it go ahead. That’s what I’m annoyed about, I should have been contacted about it before planning and not last minute and a few days before the start of the festival. I have now asked Kris and ROavin to contact the Minister (whoever he/she may be) at the time before planning.

There are of course going to be some like Farengeto who will make this into a drama and will use this as a smear tactic if I run for any Cabinet position. I cannot stop that but I hope you will hopefully see through his propaganda and see that this was a small issue that has been turned into a large drama for no reason whatsoever but to be used by some to their own political advantages.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, I am open to any questions or queries you may have about this issue.   
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

When I was a young NationStates player, I was praised for showing initiative. Truly, even now, I still look for people capable of showing initiative when seeking to compliment my staff in The North Pacific.

You could definitely just sack them, but you would probably lose to RON.

You could definitely take credit for it, but I promise you, no one would believe it.

Honestly, whatever issues I have with Kris at times, he works damn hard for the Ministry of Regional Affairs and Roavin has worked damn hard as well in the two months or so he's been here. Maybe you should take a greater interest in your staff and working with them, rather than going on a power-trip and threatening to sack them for doing their jobs?

Oh a confession is meant to contain contrition, an admission of wrong-doing. This is barely concealed desperation, derision and mocking gloating thinking we're all idiots and trying to treat us as it.

Word of advice: none of us care about your power-trips. Get over yourself.

(06-01-2016, 03:15 PM)Punchwood Wrote: There are of course going to be some like Farengeto who will make this into a drama and will use this as a smear tactic if I run for any Cabinet position. I cannot stop that but I hope you will hopefully see through his propaganda and see that this was a small issue that has been turned into a large drama for no reason whatsoever but to be used by some to their own political advantages.

This isn't some "smear" or "propaganda" campaign. That suggests I'm spreading misinformation about this. The only person who had been trying to use this to their political advantage was you when you caused this incident. I would much rather not do this, but when a minister seriously proposes exploiting their staff for electoral gains I will not just sit around. In the cabinet discussion you later deleted you were more concerned about reducing Kris and Roavin's chances of running against you this election than actually doing your job as MoRA and planning events. You literally said "My own fucking Deputies are plotting against me" after they simply submitted a project proposal to you, a simple document containing an outline for a festival plan, and told members of your own staff that you should have fired them for it.

Actually, I'd like to know what you have done personally as Minister. Because rebuking people for doing their jobs while (and if) you do nothing, doesn't make you a Minister, it makes you a King. And as far as I'm concerned, TSP is not a monarchy.

Are you serious Punch? Sure, it might be annoying to be the leader and not know what's even going on, but threatening to go on a purge rampage and fire them? They're doing a good job to energize the fun in this region with a festival, and you threaten to fire them just because you didn't know?

That's not an effective way to run the ministry. That's being a control freak. The bad kind.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

We do all note that he did say no festivals during this term right? If that was a ministry policy he has some ground to be mad at Roavin and Kris. It doesn't look good for either side right now just based on what I have from this.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

"No festivals" was a campaign promise. A stupid one, at that, but I don't think anyone expected this special term to last an actual term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ProfessorHenn
Legislator

And there is a difference between a plan/outline of a festival and actually holding one. If the plan was sound, and knowing Kris, it would be (he's rather good when it comes to festivals), then there was nothing mandating MoRA to actually hold it there and then so it could be shelved for a better time.

This is going to take a long time.

(06-03-2016, 10:20 AM)Lord Ravenclaw Wrote: And there is a difference between a plan/outline of a festival and actually holding one. If the plan was sound, and knowing Kris, it would be (he's rather good when it comes to festivals), then there was nothing mandating MoRA to actually hold it there and then so it could be shelved for a better time.

It had to be done here and now as it is a festival celebrating Collation Day. So unless you are suggesting we should have waited a year and then do it I don't quite get what you on about.