We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Does your country allow the use of herbicides in war?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
16.67%
2 16.67%
No
66.67%
8 66.67%
Decline to answer
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Status of herbicides in war

Does your country allow the use of herbicides in war?

(OOC: A real-life example is Agent Orange in Vietnam.)
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

Erinor hasn't actually fought a war in 46 years, so it's probably safe to assume it doesn't.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Is Napalm a Herbicide?
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

(06-04-2016, 05:36 PM)Resentine Wrote: Is Napalm a Herbicide?

It's blurry line when trying to differentiate herbicidal warfare with chemical warfare. I guess we will define herbicidal warfare as when the "main purpose is to disrupt agricultural food production and/or to destroy plants which provide cover or concealment to the enemy, not to asphyxiate or poison humans and/or destroy human-made structures."

My History

So..... is that a yes or a no?
~Mahatma Gandhi

(06-04-2016, 05:46 PM)Resentine Wrote: So..... is that a yes or a no?

I'm going to say no, but it's a debatable no.

My History

Alright then. No "Herbicides" in Resentine, with the possible, debatable exception of Napalm.
~Mahatma Gandhi

We detest such despicable weapons and would prefer to sharpen our skills to blend in with nature.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

Well, in Karnetvor the use and development of chemical weapons is banned, and chemical weapons have only been used in two occasions; in the Second Karnetvorian-Awesomiasan War (1915-1917, before the ban was implemented), and the Civil War (used by the Nationalist government). The law gives exceptions to non-lethal weapons for riot control (tear gas), and incendiaries (napalm, for example, was extensively used during both the Great War and the Civil War).

Herbicides aren't strictly prohibited, as they have never been used or manufactured in Karnetvor or in any war to date.
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair