We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Zak, your next MoRA!

Zak6858's MoRA Campaign

Hey everyone! As promised, I am having another shot at running for MoRA after the dramatic events of last election. I believe I could be a very beneficial leader for the Ministry of Regional Affairs and could continue to make our region a great place.
For anyone who is unfamiliar with me, I am Zak and will have been in this region for a year and a half in August. I am one of the most active members on the forum, checking it everyday and take part in many different areas such as RP, spam, MoRA and the Assembly. I have been in the MoRA for quite a while now and know how it all works. I have watched people fail and I've watched people accomplish great things. Sitting by and watching others taught me a great deal, and I'm ready to take on this role, should you guys elect me. This is not to say I do nothing, I have done stuff before but I have been busy RL and now I have enough time to do stuff.
I don't have big plans for the Ministry, as we are on a pretty good road right now. While there are changes that can be made, Punch has successfully created some much needed ministry along with important members such as Roavin, Omega etc. While this is all good, we must prepare ourselves for NS Summer. While I don't believe we should make a big deal about it as it doesn't really decrease activity much, we need to continue to promote activity forum side and gameside. This is important as it keeps the region on its feet.
Now, time for some things I want to do.
- So far we have had one festival this term, although it did come with criticism. While there was specific reasons for the absence of them last term, this term should host festivals. They require planning, teamwork and cooperation, and I believe I can help everyone achieve that.
- Something I wanted to do last election was the introduction of competitions offsite. Games such as MMO games or our dead Steam group can be made into something fun and interesting. While it may be hard to gather activity, this is something I would like to have a crack at.
- I would like to keep running the Fellowship Program, but make it easier to access and make sure people are always there to accept the apps. I also want to create a version gameside, to promote activity, and unity between the two sides. This would also be a good way to attract new players to NS or the region and make them stay and get involved.
- Southern Radio is something in a grey area due to the issues of availability and the amount of work it requires. I will attempt to do something about it but it is something that you cannot do anything about if no one is available.
- Southern Journal and things like that are going good, and I plan to keep them as they are with minor changes.

I would also like to say that I don't want to be an all controlling Minister. What Ai will let people do is draft up their ideas, bring them to me, and they are reasonable and can fit in with what is currently happening then I'll let them go ahead, where planning can be main under the control of the person who thought of it. This gives people a free reign but still keeps some control. I believe this could be the best way.
Finally, Deputies will be chosen after a few weeks or so after election (if I am Minister then). I will make people Deputy if they are hard workers and are willing to cooperate with others. They will be people I trust and will be important to keeping control in the Ministry.

Thanks for reading that long and probably boring campaign Happywide
I will now open the floor for questions.
And if anyone wants to support me, please put 'Vote Zak for MoRA!' In your sig like mine. It would be greatly appreciated.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

Will you attempt to revive the now defunct TSP the game?

(06-05-2016, 09:48 AM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: Will you attempt to revive the now defunct TSP the game?

Thanks for asking!
That's something which I am not sure how to do. Most of the people who worked on it are inactive or gone, and I don't know where they've saved all of this. I could attempt to contact some people who have worked on it, but since I have no skills whatsoever on that area and I don't know about anyone else, it will be hard.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.

Thanks for the shout out Zak! One question: what do you believe the role of the MoRA is within the Ministry?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(06-05-2016, 11:22 PM)Omega Wrote: Thanks for the shout out Zak! One question: what do you believe the role of the MoRA is within the Ministry?

The Minister quite frankly just needs to be the leader. Guiding projects along, helping others and informing the region about important MoRA events. The MoRA also needs to be the one to keep track of everything and create some sort of roster for others with the help of the deputy. Sorry for the short answer just busy and mindblanks Happywide. If you want a better one just ask.

How do you see the MoRa (either of them) engaging more with gameside players and what level of MoRA activity would you expect on the RMB?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(06-06-2016, 02:40 PM)Seraph Wrote: How do you see the MoRa (either of them) engaging more with gameside players and what level of MoRA activity would you expect on the RMB?

I think we could do a bit more to engage with the gameside community. I would like to make some more competitions that would run gameside and would engage the players. I guess it all comes down to having something to do for them, so more activities/competitions would be good.
I would also like to start a gameside Fellowship Program (stated in my campaign) which would give players things to do in the Ministries without having to become a forum user.

It is with pleasure that I, as Chair of the APC and on behalf of the APC, formally endorse Zak for MoRA.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(06-06-2016, 06:44 PM)Omega Wrote: It is with pleasure that I, as Chair of the APC and on behalf of the APC, formally endorse Zak for MoRA.

I humbly thank you for your endorsement.

Zak — what would you say is the more significant difference between your campaign and your opponents'?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]