We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Tsu 4 _he _o_th Pacific

Hello residents of The South Pacific!

Today I address you as your current delegate, with the hopes of you electing me as your next delegate!

My pitch is simple: I was here for TSP of the past, I'm here for TSP today and I want to be here for TSP in the future!

To help illustrate my points, I brought some Instagram photos to share with you all!

Here's a shot of Pen and I after the November 2014 election and a shot when I announced Sam111 as Pen's replacement.

[Image: DoMT1FA.jpg] [Image: zhF684F.jpg]

During the dark time in TSP earlier this year, I had a first had seat. First, you can see me in battle ...

[Image: zl3yCS7.jpg]

.... and then surveying the devastation.

[Image: cJSarRN.jpg]

But, coming out the otherside has shown TSP's strength and commitment to democracy. I'm proud to have overseen the Great Council of 2016 and help usher our new Charter into law.

[Image: K4ujxby.jpg] [Image: FC54Vun.jpg]

In short, I would love to help guide TSP as we continue to feel out our new Charter. The changes implemented are exciting and will foster growth and cooperation throughout the region.

Moreover, the additional power given to the Local Council and to the Assembly processes will give greater say to the game side. As a long-time proponent of greater say in-game, I'm hoping to help see these to fruition. These changes will strength TSP and will help to solidify our place at the forefront of NS democracy.

With that, I ask for your vote, because you can't spell The South Pacific without t-s-u.

Thank you! And, I'm happy to answer any questions!
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I actually laughed. Good job.

What will you do if you are not elected?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(07-03-2016, 08:51 AM)Lord Ravenclaw Wrote: I actually laughed. Good job.

Thanks, Raven Smile

(07-03-2016, 09:09 AM)Omega Wrote: What will you do if you are not elected?

That's a good question, Omega. I've always fancied the idea of returning to the SPIN (or SPINN) my initial start in TSP — and a position much closer to my IRL job.

However, you might remember though, I only initially ran for delegate because I thought the region needed it — and only took up the mantle again after the recent unrest. So, I could see myself taking on a bunch of different roles if the region needed.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I love it.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Feir (without all the strikethroughs):

How do you envision the Delegate and the Local Council working together?  Where do you draw the lines of responsibility?
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(07-03-2016, 11:52 AM)Sam111 Wrote: I love it.

Thanks Sam Smile

(07-03-2016, 12:24 PM)Seraph Wrote: I'll ask you the same question I asked Feir (without all the strikethroughs):

How do you envision the Delegate and the Local Council working together?  Where do you draw the lines of responsibility?

I'm somewhat in line with Feir here, but I think it's important to emphasis the LC's independent role. To be clear, my understanding — and desire — has always been for the delegate to be more of a figurehead who injects when needed, but is essentially more hands off. This was how the system was envisioned way back when and the way I think this would work best after the latest changes.

During my first run at delegate, I helped to push for the Local Council and attempted to get the players — including Sam, Dark and Ryccia — more involved. At the time, it was pretty much limited to posting radio updates and running polls since the LC didn't have the same power.

Now, I'd be happy to work with the LC in anything that they need. However, I think with experienced players on the LC — and Bel's stated desire to get the LC and RMB-active nations more involved in governing — I imagine I would be playing a much more supporting role since there are strong players with governing experience on the LC.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Corrupt Tsu,

There are some, and I'm just relaying the message, that say you're nothing more than a splash nowadays. That you've erm...lost some of that gutspa you used to have. I'm just saying what I've heard, of course.
#EC4Lyfe

(07-03-2016, 01:06 PM)Feirmont Wrote: Corrupt Tsu,

There are some, and I'm just relaying the message, that say you're nothing more than a splash nowadays. That you've erm...lost some of that gutspa chutzpah you used to have. I'm just saying what I've heard, of course.

Fixed if for you.

And I'll let you know my splash is as big as ever. No one's ever complained about my splash.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(07-03-2016, 01:12 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(07-03-2016, 01:06 PM)Feirmont Wrote: Corrupt Tsu,

There are some, and I'm just relaying the message, that say you're nothing more than a splash nowadays. That you've erm...lost some of that gutspa chutzpah you used to have. I'm just saying what I've heard, of course.

Fixed if for you.

And I'll let you know my splash is as big non-existent as ever. No one's ever complained about my splash.

Splash? What splash? I fixed that for you too. Quid pro quo my friend.
#EC4Lyfe