We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[OOC/Invitations][RP-MT]Summit for the Creation of an International Organization

[quote name="Awe" post="111760" timestamp="1387266057"]
[big]IC thread HERE[/big]
[center] [/center]
[center][img=http://i.imgur.com/ZpYcqbo.png][/center]

To: All nations on the South Pacific map

Greetings Sirs/Madams, Your Excellencies, Your Majesties, Royal Highnesses and other heads of government

It is in the belief that we share a common interest in building a better future for our peoples and in the region. As such, the Awesomiasan Government would like to convene a summit of delegations and representatives of various nations to discuss the establishment of an international organisation dedicated to setting standards for international law and the mantainance of peace through international peacekeeping and arbitration resulting in conflict resolution.

In addition, the Awesomiasan Government proposes the following:
  • The legislature would be made up of two chambers: one for general legislation and one for conflict and arbitration related resolutions[/*]
  • The general legislation chamber would handle legislation related to improving and establishing common standards[/*]
  • The conflict and arbitration chamber would handle legislation related to conflict resolution, arbitration on international law, sanctions and peacekeeping[/*]
  • Under no circumstances will the conflict and arbitration chamber pass/sponsor declarations of war. The international organization that will be created combining the two chambers shall be seen as a neutral, meditating force, participating only in peacekeeping missions.[/*]
  • While all members may participate in debates in the conflict chamber, the five joint leaders of the chamber must approve of any bills that are to be passed in a majority (3-2, 4-1 or 5-0). These joint leaders are to be elected as non-Cabinet officials, concurrently with elections for the Gameplay government, one from each continental landmass (For such purposes, the Central Islands, Rainbow Islands and Antarctic Landmass should be regarded as one continent) [/*]
  • A Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Chamber, elected by the people, should head the general legislation chamber. Bills in the general chamber may be passed by a simple majority of nations in agreement.[/*]
  • The MoRA should serve as Secretary-General of said organization, with the power to censure and expel nations for disorderly conduct, in consultation with the leaders of both chambers, as well as the approving of elections/appointment of officials for any vacancies mid-term. The Secretary-General should also be responsible for the creation of new organs in the said organisation.[/*]
The above is only a proposal for consideration that is subjected to debate. I anticipate your participation, and also fruitful outcomes. Thank you.

Sincerely
Angelina Pauline Joel JP OA
President
Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa

OOC: Please do not plan any terrorist attacks or any other situation that may hinder the discussion and/or progress of the said summit. Thanks.
[/quote]

[quote name="Arbiter08" post="111766" timestamp="1387285560"]
To: The Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa
I, Thel Vaddam, would like to inform all that I shall be in attendance. I shall come unarmed, but will be prepared for the worst.

-Thel Vaddam, Sangheli Prophet
[/quote]

[quote name="Awe" post="111770" timestamp="1387287762"]

To: All invited delegations

We shall meet on Government Island. Please make the appropriate travel arrangements. Thank you.

Sincerely
Angelina Pauline Joel JP OA
President
Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa
[/quote]

[quote name="Brutland and Norden" post="111779" timestamp="1387298738"]
OOC: I'll be sending two delegations to the event; one representing Brutland and Norden and the other representing Ceretania. I'm thinking that only one of them will eventually become a full voting member of the aforementioned assembly ~ I just put them both there since both are in the South Pacific. Perhaps the other will be the neutral host of institutions, act as a neutral observer, kinda like Switzerland before 2002?

[center]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]
[center][img=http://i.imgur.com/lTVPJGC.png][/center]
[center]Finisterre d'Alfari Ellena - Biure per l'Alfari di la Pacifico Sorda[/center]
[center]Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Bureau for the South Pacific Affairs[/center]
[center]Jeto 200, Giusallo di Sint'Brullizio, 1 Piazzo di Sant'Garzana, Sant'Garzana, Vilòstresa, Terru di l'Unnone EU0012[/center]
[center](+1509)(+01) 100-40-323[/center]
[center]http://lps.fdae.gob.nem[/center]

Greetings!

The United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden welcomes this attempt to organize nations in the South Pacific, our nation's largest trading partner. The goals set forth in this historic meeting and summit of leaders are lofty and admirable, hence the United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden would be sending a delegation in order to contribute and help achieve these intentions.

Thank you very much!
[right] [/right]
[right](signed)[/right]
[right]Capt. Kyle Irvine L. Lambourne, MP, NRNb[/right]
[right]Finisterretto Vinca di l'Alfari Ellena per la Pacifico Sorda[/right]
[right]Deputy Foreign Minister for the South Pacific[/right]
[right] [/right]
[right]Approved by:[/right]
[right](signed)[/right]
[right]Tobias Lupacchino, MP[/right]
[right]Finisterretto per l'Alfari Ellena di la Rinnosso Unnona di Norden e Marchòbrutellia[/right]
[right]Minister for Foreign Affairs of the United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden[/right]

[center]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]
[center][img=http://i.imgur.com/7dM2f6h.png][/center]
[center]Ministeri d'Afers Exteriors[/center]
[center]5 Plaça de Saxònia, Campsec Extramurs, Targassona[/center]

The Government of the County of Ceretania applauds and greatly appreciates this step to establish a regional organization dedicated to peace, progress, participation, and regional cooperation. The Government of Ceretania would like to participate in such an endeavor by sending a delegation to the event.

Thank you.

[right]the Hon. Ildefons Rascanya de Perellonet[/right]
[right]Minister of Foreign Affairs of the County of Ceretania[/right]
[/quote]

[quote name="Rebeltopia" post="111786" timestamp="1387303576"]
[center]The Confederation of Rebeltopian Nations[/center]

TO:
Angelina Pauline Joel JP OA, President, Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa
Jason Dowling, President, Confederation of Rebeltopian Nations
Councilman Jason Davenport, CRN International Affairs

President Joel,

The government of the Confederation has made it our highest priority to promote law and order to our great region. As such, I, President JD, will personally attend to continue our push for a safe and lawful TSP.

Regards,

Jason Dowling, President, Confederation of Rebeltopian Nations
Councilman Jason Davenport, CRN International Affairs
[/quote]

[quote name="Qwert" post="111823" timestamp="1387314474"]
[center][img=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2001588/vp3.png][/center]
[center] [/center]
To: Angelina Pauline Joel JP OA, President, Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa
From: Kovd dre Lanntven,[size=4] Minister of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Affairs Office, Kingdom of Sedunn[/size]

President,

The security and stability of the region are matters of great concern. A delegation representing the government of Sedunn led by His Majesty the Elective King Vimmru II will attend the summit.

[center]With the hope of a free and unbiased dialogue,[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]Kovd dre Lanntven[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center][size=4]Minister of Foreign Affairs,[/size][/center]
[center]Foreign Affairs Office,[/center]
[center]Kingdom of Sedunn[/center]
[/quote]

[quote name="Arbiter08" post="111838" timestamp="1387320232"]
OOC: When is the summit?
[/quote]

[quote name="Kris Kringle" post="111841" timestamp="1387320350"]
[center][img=http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac296/Kringalia/DepartmentofForeignAffairs_zpse65eef09.png][/center]
[center]
ON THE SUMMIT FOR THE CREATION OF AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION[/center]
[center] [/center]
The Government of the Republic of Kringalia has taken notice of the invitation from the Awesomiasan Government and will send a high level delegation lead by President Elizabeth Rodgers to participate in the incoming Summit for the Creation of an International Organisation. The establishment of mechanisms of international cooperation in the region of the South Pacific is of the utmost importance to Kringalia and the Department of Foreign Affairs has in recent months furthered cooperation and pursued similar initiatives with like minded nations, with encouraging results so far. It is our hope that this summit will further bind nations that should be natural friends, and our delegation shall work towards that objective.

Iustitia Pro Populo,

Lisa Scott
Secretary of Foreign Affairs
[/quote]

[quote name="Escade" post="111843" timestamp="1387322043"]
[center][img=http://i.imgur.com/rHhiEFA.png][/center]

To: President Angelina P. Joel of Awesomiasa

The Government of Escade accepts the invitation from the Awesomiasan Government and would like to congratulate President Jolie for this important endeavor in the formation of cordial join ventures in the South Pacific.

The President of Escade has authorized a delegation led by the Foreign Affairs Office. We look forward to attending and participating in this summit..

With peace and friendship,
Elias Thierry

Director
Foreign Affairs Office
[/quote]

[quote name="Awe" post="111875" timestamp="1387343514"]
[quote name="Brutland and Norden" post="111779" timestamp="1387298738"]
OOC: I'll be sending two delegations to the event; one representing Brutland and Norden and the other representing Ceretania. I'm thinking that only one of them will eventually become a full voting member of the aforementioned assembly ~ I just put them both there since both are in the South Pacific. Perhaps the other will be the neutral host of institutions, act as a neutral observer, kinda like Switzerland before 2002
[/quote]
[quote name="Arbiter08" post="111838" timestamp="1387320232"]
OOC: When is the summit?
[/quote]
Brutland: I was thinking of letting Government Island be the host of institutions. We can decide this during the summit.
Arbiter08: The summit will commence 20 Dec 2013 at 12AM EST (5AM UTC/1PM GMT+8/4PM AEDT). There is no tentative closing date.
[/quote]

[quote name="VPRB" post="111888" timestamp="1387362163"]
To the President of the Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa

Dark greetings comrade,

On behalf of the Bruuman people, I thank you for your invitation to the meeting and I accept it.
The Voodoo People's Republic of Bruuma has always sought to improve peace and cooperation between nations, but at the same time, we value our independence and sovereignty above all, thus our participation will be focused on finding a way to concile both needs.

I'll send my Personal Envoy, through whom I'll directly speak during the actual meetings, by possessing his body with my Spirit.

May the Loa grant you and your people a socially advanced day,

Unclepear,
Chairman of the Workers' Mojo Party,
Grand Bokor of Unclepearan Marxist Voodoo,
Eternal President of the Voodoo People's Republic Of Bruuma
[/quote]

[quote name="Belschaft" post="111893" timestamp="1387373896"]
[center][img=http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo202/Belschaft/FRB-COECoA250.png][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]THE FOREIGN AND COLONIAL OFFICE[/center]
[center]of[/center]
[center]THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]

[/center]
[center] [/center]
TO: Angelina Pauline Joel JP OA, President, The Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa
FROM: The Rt. Hon. Douglas Alexander MP, Secretary of State for Foreign and Colonial Affairs
SUBJECT: RE; Summit for the Creation of an International Organisation

Your Excellency,

The Federal Republic confirms our receipt of your invitation to a summit to discuss the creation of a regional organisation for The South Pacific, and declares and affirms our intent to send a delegation to represent our interests in the region. I will personally head our delegation, and be accompanied by representatives of our territories in The South Pacific and other relevant officials.

Yours,
[img=http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo202/Belschaft/DouglasAlexanderMPsignature.png]
[/quote]

[quote name="The Grim Reaper" post="111964" timestamp="1387455558"]
[center][img=http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4117/hourglass.png][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]On behalf of his Holiness, [/center]
[center]Holy Emperor Siam von Meow [/center]
[center]Father of the Vatersvolk Christian Church, in the Rithosian Orthodox Tradition[/center]
[center]Sovereign Ruler of the Fatherland and its Territories, in the Vatersvolk Tradition of Trial by Combat[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]Dictated by His Honor, Lord Reginald William Crestfall Heathrow, Vaterscommander of the Vaterssuedpazifik colony[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]Public Communique [/center]
[center]Reference Title: "PUB TSP AWE Int. Org. 001"[/center]
[center]Addressed to the Interested Parties regarding the Awesomiasan Proposal[/center]
[center]Attn: Angelina Pauline Joel (Head of State, Awesomia)[/center]
[center] [/center]
On behalf of the Fatherland, I formally offer my greetings to the reader of this missive.

I now formally introduce myself as Lord Reginald William Crestfall Heathrow, Vaterscommander of the Vaterssuedpazifik. As Vaterscommander of the VSP Colonial Government, I handle all multilateral communications that would involve the agreement of the Vatersvolk Imperial Government itself, on behalf of the residents of the VSP Colonial Government. As a result, I work from the Fatherland itself, although the transmission of formal documentation and communications can be expedited through the VSP Colonial Government if respondents should prefer, and the Vatersvolk Imperial Embassy to the VSP Colonial Government is the most appropriate means of contacting me for official business.

The rest of this missive is addressed specifically to Madame A. P. Joel, as our formal response to the missive addressed to "All Nations in the South Pacific".

On behalf of Doctor Theodore Frederic de Heathrow-Charleston, Volkscommandant of the Vaterssuedpazifik Colonial Government and Chief Executive Officer of the Vaterssuedpazifikan Charted Trading Corporation (Royal Charter), I would like to accept your invitation to the Government Island Summit. The choice of delegate will be left to him. It is expected that the delegate we dispatch will act as an observer following the formation of the organization, as further communication will have to be made with his Holiness before we can recognize the authority of this institution over Vaterssuedpazifik operations.

Our concerns regarding this matter, included here for the benefit of those in the general public perusing this response, mainly relate to the continuation of free and mostly unregulated maritime trading, as well as allowing nations to continue to act as open registries for the promotion of maritime trade. We are also concerned with continuing healthy deregulation of immigration and emigration policies, or rather the ability of member states to handle their own laws on people movement. Our final concern relates to the profitable extraction of natural resources for the international market, although on this concern we are most prepared to budge.

We hope to foster an agreeable and mutually profitable dialogue.
[center] [/center]
[center][size=5]On behalf of the Head of Government of the Vaterssuedpazifik[/size][/center]
[center]With the deference of the resident Citadelizen Colonial Government[/center]
[center]Lord R. W. C. Heathrow, Va.Comm of the Vaterssuedpazifik Colony[/center]
[/quote]

[quote name="Awe" post="111971" timestamp="1387466938"]
[center] [/center]
The Awesomiasan Government notes the concerns of the Vaterssuedpazifik Government, and would like to assure them that if the legislature were to adopt any binding international treaty or convention, it will be discussed and debated. The legislature's constitution will also allow for optional signing based on the stand of the government that the representative is delegated from. The legislature's laws are also meant to create common standards for laws on an international basis, and will not seek to, to as much of an extent as possible, infringe upon a nation's established laws.
[/quote]

[quote name="Farengeto" post="112012" timestamp="1387517874"]
[center][img=http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131212034013/spore/images/9/9c/Farengeto_Banner2.png][/center]
[center]Republic of Farengeto[/center]
[center]Ministry of Foreign Affairs[/center]
[center] [/center]
Farengeto is a strong supporter of unified peace and prosperity, a dream that can only be furthered by the creation of this organization. We therefore strongly support this and accept your invitation. We shall send a delegation, one truly representative of the Republic's diversity, to the summit.

Lanar Harenia,
Farengeto Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Foreign Affairs
[/quote]

[quote name="Sierra Lobo" post="112014" timestamp="1387522441"]
[center][img=http://i.imgur.com/JFyOKIk.png?1][/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]
[center]THE IMPERIAL OVERSEER OF FOREIGN RELATIONS[/center]
[center]of[/center]
[center]THE DOMINION OF SIERRA LOBO[/center]
[center] [/center]
[center] [/center]
TO: Angelina Pauline Joel JP OA, President, The Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa
FROM: The Office of HRH Regulus Ebonheart, Minister of International Affairs
RE: Awesomiasan Proposal for International Cooperation

Your Excellency,

The Dominion has confirmed receipt of an invitation for this summit. We hereby confirm that a diplomatic attache from the Dominion will be sent to the summit with observer status as required by Imperial Law. We stand firm and in solidarity with other nations in seeking peace and mutual cooperation beyond our borders; but the Dominion reserves undiluted rights for independent action within its sovereign borders. Pending strict review from the Imperial court, the Office of International Affairs extends The Federal Democratic Republic of Awesomiasa it's heartfelt wishes for a successful conference.

Sir Allan Garret,
High Scribe of HRH Regulus Ebonheart, Grand Duke of Imperilas
In Accord with His Grace Gerald de Valien III, The Emerald Throne of Sierra Lobo
[/quote]

[quote name="Awe" post="112015" timestamp="1387527865"]
OOC: The summit has begun. Refer to the agenda here.
[/quote]

[quote name="Jared Howell" post="112045" timestamp="1387566305"]
[img=http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/uploads/profile/photo-2230.jpg?_r=1385054925]

RE: Awesomiasan Proposal for International Cooperation

Madam,

The Commonwealth is honoured to receive such an invite. In this case I submitted a proposal to the Caucus: that each Iyadaran Clan be permitted to send a representative within our delegation. This proposal was unanimously accepted and as such this summit will be the first to receive a delegation comprising of all sixteen Iyadaran Clans, as well as three non-clan representatives.

Jared Howell
Speaker for the Iyadaran Caucus
[/quote]

[quote name="Hileville" post="112080" timestamp="1387574774"]
Since this is now marked as OOC I will just state I will be participating in this.
[/quote]

[quote name="Loh" post="112091" timestamp="1387591718"]
I will be taking part too.
[/quote]

[quote name="Awe" post="112099" timestamp="1387611243"]
[big]------>IC thread HERE<------- Start posting![/big]
[/quote]

[quote name="Lizard_Buttock" post="112712" timestamp="1388507473"]
[center][img=http://imageshack.us/a/img198/2655/fl81.png][/center]
TO: Angelina Pauline Joel OA, President, Federal Republic of Awesomiasa

FROM: The office of Frederick Daniels, Minister of foreign affairs of the Grand Duchy of Lizardtopia

Greetings Comrade,

We as a nation believe that both Lizardtopia and the nations of the South Pacific would greatly benefit from the creation of an international organization of this variety. Safety and security is very important to us, and we feel it could easily be bettered in the entirity of the region. We are honored to recieve and invitation to this great organization, and we look forward to seeing many like-minded nations there. We will be sending a singular delegate, a representative of The Grand Duke Sir E. Respin.

Yours truly,
Frederick Daniels, Minister of affairs foreign to the grand duchy of Lizardtopia
Representing the Grand duke Sir Edwin Respin of Lizardtopia.
[/quote]

[quote name="Farengeto" post="113235" timestamp="1389134650"]
OOC: I'll be retconning the Farengeto to fit the MT setting in a bit.
[/quote]

[quote name="Arbiter08" post="113250" timestamp="1389141098"]
OOC: I'll be doing the same later tonight
[/quote]

[quote name="Ryccia" post="118053" timestamp="1393360640"]
OOC: Can I get invited? Please?

IC:
[img=https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-G5L6zTYFH5U/UfxMNkauIII/AAAAAAAAAMg/3jvWOFgbTyo/w303-h289-no/Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms
[img=http://www.nemzetijelkepek.hu/pictures/onkormanyzat/Zsaka.jpg]
Royal House of Esonia Coat of Arms

(OOC: NOTE: Esonia is not my REAL MIDDLE NAME).

Departament of Foreign Ryccian Relations
To
Awesomiasan Government

His majesty, the King Jose I of Ryccia, wishes to say this message:

"As you can see, the Ryccian Government and I have become interested in this act of an organization the region. We wish the very most to keep the region safe".

"We wish to enter this organization to help the region. If we are allowed, we will send a speaker, as you said, elected by the people and a deputy as well elected by the people. Furthermore, if we join or not, we wish this organization the best of luck".

Sincerely,
His majesty King Jose I of Ryccia

[/quote]