We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Results - October 1st 2016 Cabinet Election

Cabinet Election Results

Prime Minister
Drugged Monkeys - 26 votes
Abstain - 4 votes

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Punchwood - 11 votes
Sam111 - 17 votes
Abstain - 3 votes

Minister of Regional Affairs
Seraph - 27 votes
Abstain - 2 votes

Minister of Military Affairs
Roavin - 27 votes
Abstain - 2 votes

Craziest Person
Resentine - Craziest Person (8 votes)
Qvait - I'll get you next time Gadget! (5 votes)
Abstain - 3 votes
Others - 3 votes
Resevait/Qvaisentine - 2 votes
obviously pancakes still won, let's be honest
#EC4Lyfe

Two words: Sad election
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(10-14-2016, 10:29 PM)Ryccia Wrote: Two words: Sad election

Um ... why?

Or, if so, why didn't you run for something?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Probably due to the fact that Sam111 won instead of Punchwood.
I would have run for MoFA, but I didn't have an agenda at the time.
I was also busy with College to Nominate myself when I posted up the Nominations for the others.

(10-14-2016, 10:37 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:

Um ... why?

There was no competition at all, and RON was removed. Besides, I didn't because I would not be a good candidate.

This election raises an issue to me: how, compared to other regions, inactive and/or unengaged our citizenry and legislature is in politics. Some might say that we are inactive overall. And that I can't believe we removed RON

(10-14-2016, 10:44 PM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: Probably due to the fact that Sam111 won instead of Punchwood.
I was also busy with College to Nominate myself when I posted up the Nominations for the others.

Oh no, I prefered neither, trust me
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

(10-15-2016, 07:58 AM)Ryccia Wrote:

Um ... why?

There was no competition at all, and RON was removed. Besides, I didn't because I would not be a good candidate.

This election raises an issue to me: how, compared to other regions, inactive and/or unengaged our citizenry and legislature is in politics. Some might say that we are inactive overall. And that I can't believe we removed RON
There seems to be a general lull right now, and our elections happen to fall into the middle of that. I'm guessing (and hoping) the February elections will be much more contested Smile
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

And I'm considering contested elections in February as a measure of success for my term.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

And I'm considering whether or not I should formulate an agenda for February aside from power is derived from the charter, and power is derived from Assembly when not stated within the charter.

(10-15-2016, 07:58 AM)Ryccia Wrote:

Um ... why?

(10-14-2016, 10:44 PM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: Probably due to the fact that Sam111 won instead of Punchwood.

Oh no, I prefered neither, trust me

Whooa! We used to be friends then you just stopped talking to me, so I don't know what happened. Congrats to all the winning candidates, I hope you do well as save TSP from this long period of low activity!
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Hey guys — I didn't mean for this to start off on the wrong foot, but if we're unhappy with the activity, I think it's unfair to attack those who ran in the election when we aren't willing to step up or offer ideas on how to increase activity.

Fwiw, I'm sure everyone will do a great job and my issues with activity have nothing to do with the caliber of candidates this round.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]