We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[draft] Referendum on membership of CAIN

The Assembly of the Coalition of The South Pacific,

Knowing that there is a major flaw in Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism hear by known as CAIN.

The flaw being, that  CAIN's Nazi Collaborator definition is too vague and could lead to innocent regions  getting raided.

Noting the  The South Pacific's neutrality.

Hereby calls for a referendum on the membership of The South Pacific  to CAIN.
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count

There is no legal concept of a referendum in TSP law; what you want to do is a bill amending the Treaties Act to allow the Assembly to directly repeal a treaty, and then submit a second bill doing just that.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(01-02-2017, 07:30 PM)Belschaft Wrote: There is no legal concept of a referendum in TSP law; what you want to do is a bill amending the Treaties Act to allow the Assembly to directly repeal a treaty, and then submit a second bill doing just that.

Tsu said I could.

(01-02-2017, 07:10 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 06:59 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: Then, can I call for a referendum on CAIN membership?

Sure — you can take your concerns to the Assembly right now!

I'm not sure a lot of the region is familiar with the aspects of CAIN you're taking issue with.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC

(01-02-2017, 07:33 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 07:30 PM)Belschaft Wrote: There is no legal concept of a referendum in TSP law; what you want to do is a bill amending the Treaties Act to allow the Assembly to directly repeal a treaty, and then submit a second bill doing just that.

Tsu said I could.

(01-02-2017, 06:59 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: Then, can I call for a referendum on CAIN membership?

I'm not sure a lot of the region is familiar with the aspects of CAIN you're taking issue with.

Bel is right — that's the technical way we'd handle it, Herp.

But, what I was suggesting was you telling us a bit more about what's going on with CAIN and why you have issues with it. You're better informed than I am, at least, and I think presenting this info to the Assembly would start the discussion you're looking to have.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

*nods*

Though such a debate should probably happen in the private Assembly chamber.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

(01-02-2017, 07:39 PM)Belschaft Wrote: *nods*

Though such a debate should probably happen in the private Assembly chamber.

Done. Let's proceed.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-02-2017, 07:36 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 07:33 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote:

Tsu said I could.

Bel is right — that's the technical way we'd handle it, Herp.

But, what I was suggesting was you telling us a bit more about what's going on with CAIN and why you have issues with it. You're better informed than I am, at least, and I think presenting this info to the Assembly would start the discussion you're looking to have.

I don't think I can anymore, I'm so tired.
- STARS Commander 

(01-02-2017, 07:40 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: I don't think I can anymore, I'm so tired.

Then, pick it up tomorrow. There's no rush Smile
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(01-02-2017, 07:42 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 07:40 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: I don't think I can anymore, I'm so tired.

Then, pick it up tomorrow. There's no rush Smile

No I mean, I don't think I can do it at all.

Not after today.
- STARS Commander 

I don't think it's a good idea for the Assembly to repeal treaties without the measure being brought by the Cabinet. We elect people to manage our foreign affairs. If we're upset about CAIN, we should ask the MoFA to bring our concerns to the alliance partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk