We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Passed: Balder

See here:

Solorni Wrote:Laz-TRR are similar for being defender, TSP is defender leaning. But TSP and Laz are similar for being shaky democracies with systemic issues of corruption and weak institutions. Both have had multiple coups in recent years and each actually had a communist dictator take charge. The corruption in TSP was so bad at one point that there was a popular coup to get rid of it. Many of those who were widely held to be responsible for that corruption are still in the region and still doing what most developed regions would consider 'shady'.

If one were truly worried about the stability of Lazarus and TSP, the correct response would be to work on improving the institutions in each and removing those who are felt to be corrupting influence from those institutions.

I can't say why any region would want to be in a multilateral alliance with them until they improve.

So that's what the Monarch of our dearest ally, Balder, thinks of us. 

Let's add that Solorni actively supported the Hileville coup — this should be widely know, though I'd be happy to try to dig out statements to support that.

Let's also add that Solorni refused to let our previous MoFA Sandaoguo post the statement on their forums to terminate the treaty in accordance with its terms. Since our incumbent MoFA Sam111 has not made such moves, the treaty is still in effect, even though it's hopefully obvious that neither side really still wants it.

Isn't it time to pull the f------ plug, finally?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Yes.

I also love the idea that "coups" over "years" is a problem. It's been two coups in 4 years. While not "great" ... this is a game where the average player leaves within a few weeks.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

They've made a pretty fair point.
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.
Hey, I have a bunch of issues. You don't need to care.
Emoji of the week:  :dodgy:

(02-11-2017, 05:35 PM)Zak6858 Wrote: They've made a pretty fair point.

That the region is hopelessly corrupt?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(02-11-2017, 05:39 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:

You just love twisting words don't you?
I am Zadiner/Zak. Part of Assembly, some other stuff, Founder of some other region.

(02-11-2017, 05:41 PM)Zak6858 Wrote:

That wasn't "twisting words" but was asking what out of that you consider to be a "pretty fair point."
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(02-11-2017, 05:45 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:

That wasn't "twisting words" but was asking what out of that you consider to be a "pretty fair point."

You didn't ask that, you just made something up to counteract my point. Plus, there is no place where they go on about being 'hopelessly corrupt.'

@Zak6858: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic...#p31088179

(02-11-2017, 05:52 PM)Zak6858 Wrote:

You didn't ask that, you just made something up to counteract my point. Plus, there is no place where they go on about being 'hopelessly corrupt.'

Please forgive for using humor.

Would be kind enough to extrapolate on what you see as a fair point?
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

(02-11-2017, 05:54 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: @Zak6858: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic...#p31088179

Okay, I'm talking about the post that was made in this thread. I understand that the post on NS seems to imply but I went off of what was said here.
I can also see that Solormi must be on something because removing you is the most ridiculous idea. There are lots of different people in this region that we would benefit from removing.
(02-11-2017, 06:00 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 05:52 PM)Zak6858 Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 05:39 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: That the region is hopelessly corrupt?

Please forgive for using humor.

Would be kind enough to extrapolate on what you see as a fair point?

No wonder everyone hates TSP