We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Nominations for Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Read this Carefully

Hello and welcome to the April 2014 Elections. You've made it! This thread pertains to the delegate and vice delegate nominations. Elections will follow the procedure outlined in the Code of Laws. Citizens may either suggest or nominate a Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), or nominate themselves. If someone nominates a citizen, they must accept their nomination. Bear in mind the MoFA's responsibilities are as follows:

Charter Wrote:Section 3 - Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be led by the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
2. The Ministry is responsible for all interactions with foreign regions.
3. The Ministry has the power to negotiate treaties, alliances, and other agreements with a foreign entity. Enactment of a treaty or alliance requires a vote of the Assembly in accordance with the provisions for General Laws.
4. The Ministry is responsible for the drafting and distribution of a regional update.
5. The Ministry is responsible for approving, denying, constructing, and requesting the removal of embassies and consulates.

Upon accepting a nomination, candidates must submit a Conflict of Interest Disclosure. Details on this are found in the Code of Laws.

Now for some dates!

Nomination period: from now until 04/06/14 at 05:30 UTC (12:30 am EST)
Voting Period: 04/06/12 at 05:30 UTC (12:30 am EST) to 04/09/12 at 05:30 UTC (12:30 am EST)
(note: times are subject to change. Changes will be announced in a timely fashion)

Have at it!

Recognized Candidates Wrote:Sandaoguo
God-Emperor

Sandaoguo
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I know we don't need seconds, but seconded

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
~Lady Elaine Elysium

Elysian Pastures

Thirded?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Oh, my signature is now visible! Yay, they must have fixed it!
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

I will accept my nomination, but I won't be able to post a campaign thread until later tonight. Happywide Thank you for your support!

I wasn't sure what you were going to run for, GR Tounge It's good to see you running for FA again!

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

I secon-..um, I thir-..eh, whatever, I support GR's nomination Tounge
Support The Ice-creamist Movement for Peaceful Unification of Desserts

"In most cases, those who want power probably shouldn't have it, those who enjoy it probably do so for the wrong reasons, and those who want most to hold on to it don't understand that it's only temporary." - J.C. Maxwell

I announce my candidacy.

i second GE
This is Penguin!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay
Penguins shall one day rule the pie!
And by "pie", I mean "World"!!
Goddess Empress Queen Princess Lady of TSP 
Lilium Inter Spinas // Non timebo mala
I have done a lot of things in the Region in my History.
There's a list somewhere if you wanna go looking.