We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Code formatting fix

Been pointing out this damn error for months now and it's been there for years. Now let's fix it already.

Quote:1. Crimes

(1) Treason shall be defined as plotting against the Coalition, seeking to lower the delegate's endorsement count without his or her consent, breaking the endorsement cap after receiving an official warning, aiding any entity in which the Coalition is taking defensive action against, or any entity in which a state of war exists with.

(2) Identity fraud shall be defined as a deception made of one's self, or knowingly abetting in another's claims to a false identity, wherein this fraud threatens the security of The South Pacific, or circumvents the laws and legal processes of The South Pacific.

(3) Espionage shall be defined as an act of or attempt to obtain information that is confidential or not made publicly available for use by oneself or an entity one represents. Distribution of private information that originates on the South Pacific Forum without the express written permission of the Cabinet of the South Pacific shall be considered Espionage.4.

(4) Blackmail shall be defined as demanding private gains from a player in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information.

(5) Miscarriage of Justice shall be defined as a deliberate perversion of the justice system - conduct which prevents the judiciary from reaching a true and just result.

(6) Organised crime shall be defined as involvement in a group or association with the intent of committing an unlawful act in The South Pacific.

(7) Corruption shall be defined as the misuse of public office for private or personal advantage.

(8) Electoral Fraud shall be defined as a manipulation of the democratic process in The South Pacific, wherein an organised body of abettors conspire to obtain legislator status with the intent to vote for private or personal advantage.

(9) Vexatious Charges shall be defined as the filing of criminal charges against another player despite the filing party's knowledge that that said charges were meritless, frivolous, repetitive, and/or burdensome.

(10) Conduct violations shall be defined as breaking in-game NationStates rules.

Nothing changes. Just fixing an error that's been there for at least two years.

Why can't the CoA do this on their own?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

(04-16-2017, 11:26 PM)Omega Wrote: Why can't the CoA do this on their own?

We originally had a clause that allowed it, after a debate on the ammbiguity of the legality of the CoA doing corrections such as this. Unfortunately such a clause does not seem to exist in our new charter.

Okay well, I'll look into drafting one strictly for numbering.
Has Been
What's Next?

Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Since there's nothing to debate on this, I motion this to vote when the three day requirement has passed.

I second that
Has Been
What's Next?

Bump
Has Been
What's Next?

Pursuant to Article IV, Section 7 of the Charter, and following notice from the Chair that he would be busy today and legislation may be brought to a vote by a legislator, I have brought this legislation to vote.

The vote can be found here.