We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Star Wars RP Ideas

This was an RP that had some serious potential, but was extremely disorganized in its first attempt. I'd like to continue it, I'm looking for your opinions about it

A few ideas to consider:
  1. Era: While the Original Trilogy is a classic idea, the Expanded Universe covers many millenia. We could try something such as the Old Republic (IIRC, basically anything a thousand years before the original film), the New Republic (after the death of the Emperor and the Rebellion crushing the remnants of the Empire)
  2. Factions: While the traditional light vs dark (Republic/CIS, Rebels/Empire, Jedi/Sith) is a classic, there are many factions in the galaxy such as bounty hunters, Mandolorians (which for most of their history were not bounty hunters), Hutts, and various other independent factions
  3. Plot: While I'll probably keep the details hidden for he purposes of entertainment, what kind of story would you like to see? An evil superweapon? Hunting down a villain?
  4. Charaters: What kind of characters should you be able to use? Should force-sensitives be an option, or should player characters be restricted to blasters? Or force-sensitives without lightsabers (At least, initially), to name a few possibilities. And should players be able to support both sides, or be limited to the "good" (I'm personally a fan of morally ambiguous stories) side?

I think we could RP what we think The Ancient Fear might be.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Here's an idea: Original Trilogy Smugglers hunting down a superweapon created by a mad scientist who was really only trying to help with nothing but blasters.

TEP is also considerin' a Star Wars RP. Perhaps we can collaborate.
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium

(06-02-2014, 08:10 PM)God-Emperor Wrote: TEP is also considerin' a Star Wars RP. Perhaps we can collaborate.

There actually is planning underway to do this.

Guess that's what happens when ya mention it to both people plannin' the RPs. Tounge
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium

I would totally participate but I've never watched any of the Star Wars films so yeah...

I love the setting and have a reasonable understanding of the expanded universe, which takes pelican sized dumps on the movies.
I would be down for this.
GG Sigillite
Stuff in Other Places

I'd be interested in participating in this. I personally enjoy the time period starting with the end of the Clone wars and through the original trilogy. 1. Because its common and everyone kinda knows what is going on in the background of the RP. and 2. because I feel it gives plenty of option for different types of characters and storylines light, dark, and neutral.

The Galactic Civil War era is the classic...
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium