We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cabinet position on Lazarus?

There's something major going down with our ally: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic...2&t=418702

It's been 4 days since these revelations were published, but the Cabinet has yet to say anything about them.

When can we expect a statement out about this major event?

I was wondering the same thing. Even if there is no public cabinet statement - and such may not be appropriate - the Assembly is entitled to some kind of update.
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

Bel and Glen said it better than I. I concur.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Are we to receive any reply?
Semi-Unretired

We're observing very closely. It's obviously concerning - not just the claims of vote stacking that you posted, but also claims of illegal election administering by the Delegate and, more recently, evidence of actual stacking of WA nations in the region. We have been in contact with Funkadelia, the Delegate of Lazarus.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Is there a timeline we could expect for some kind of statement?
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Hey,

I've been speaking to various Lazarenes. Open to hearing from TSPers what are best course of action may be, not just regarding Lazarus itself but or our own security.

I'm posting logs from my conversation with Funkedelia:
Quote:Escade-Last Monday at 6:39 PM As the FA person from TSP is there anything you need us to know or do or think right now?

Funkadelia-Last Monday at 6:40 PM I don't see the need to comment on ridiuclous muckraking

Quote:Escade-Today at 1:10 AM sighs
So before TSP conveys our official thoughts on this situation
I'd like to ask you one more time
We, as allies and friends, are entitled to know why exactly we shouldn't be massively worried about the Curious Observations post and the various posts by the Lazarene Guardian

Funkadelia-Today at 1:11 AM Because firstly the Curious obvservations post presents no evidence of anything or any wrongdoing on my part
The wrongdoing that has actually been proven has been against the people purposting to be putting the region first
It is a thinkpiece for the sake of ruffling feathers, which is why I've felt no need to comment on it, as I said before.
The Lazarene Guardian is a post by anonymous people who seek to do nothing but undermine my delegacy which is mostly operated by people who are largely inactive and are only seeking to retain their own power and relevance.
They are acting as if I have couped, but everything that's been done by just about everyone, with the exception of Amerion, has been done within the realm of our law.

Escade-Today at 1:15 AM The claim here is that you didn't administer the prelate reconfirmations/elections legally
And there is actual questions around the legality.

Funkadelia-Today at 1:16 AM That's something that's still to be decided by the courts
I maintain that I did everything legally possible to hold the elections in a manner in which they were intended to be done.
The law is so ambiguous that theoretically I could have administered them or the convenor
I fail to see how the question of whether the law permits me or the convenor to administer these elections equates to me becoming a tyrant who has been breaking the law left and right as the "Guardian" implies
It's equally surprising to me that TSP is indulging in these falsehoods

Escade-Today at 1:25 AM We both know that laws in the real world as well as in NS are often ambiguous. There is a difference between the spirit and the letter of the law. There is also a demarcation between interpreting laws to benefit one self or one's faction, which generally has been looked down upon in democratic regions. We are not "indulging" any falsehoods but trying to discern the truth of the matter, as allies to a region and its community. In this case, with there being some validity to these claims we also want to urge you to obey the democratic principles that your region was founded on as there is still time to opt out of a detrimental situation.

Funkadelia-Today at 1:26 AM The administration that was done both by myself and by the office of the convenor can be called nothing but fair and unbiased
The legal question is over the issue of who should be administering them, which brings us back to what I just said
I have done nothing to disobey the "democratic principles" of the region, nor have I done anything to break the region's laws.
And if you or anyone else has evidence of the contrary, please present it. Otherwise there is no point in continuing this discussion in circles.

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest

Much of that sounds like deflection. "Nothing is amiss, and actually the people saying I did something wrong are the ones who are actually breaking laws!"

It's very worrying. Delegate elections are upcoming, so we'll have another opportunity to see how this plays out.

But I caution the Cabinet to not simply put this on the back burner just because there's a Delegate election upcoming. There's been a tendency for timidity in the past couple cabinets, but this is an ally. We're hitched to them, and we'll be asked eventually to make a decision on the legitimacy of Funk's government. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update here. Glad to see the Cabinet is staying on top of it.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

I find it rather unfortunate that Funkadelia responded to Escade in the terse way he did, when all she did was conduct her due diligence on an ambiguous situation concerning a treaty ally. Escade is our chief diplomatic officer, and it's her duty to stay on top of evolving situations across the NS world. I fully support her in that mission, and hope she will continue to do a good job representing our interests abroad, as she has been doing so far.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System