We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Just another day in Vvardenfell

[Link to OOC thread]

Karam stepped off the boat and briefly took in the dark musky air, before being yelled at to get to work. He stuck his torch into the ground and, along with several other men, began unloading various boxes from the boat and then loading it again with various other boxes. He noticed the combination of sweat and damp air made his plain tunic stick uncomfortably to his skin.

As the last box was loaded onto the boat, the sailors wasted no time heading back out to sea, presumably to avoid Imperial ships traversing the coast at dawn. A very brief rest was afforded before he was herded to the unloaded boxes again, now to carry them to a nearby egg mine. As the first red beams of dawn begin to appear on the horizon, Karam drops his last box in the mine and heads out, with the mine door unceremoniously shut behind him. Not even a "good bye" or a "thank you".

A faint flickering of torches in the thick of the swamp revealed his next location, a small fishing village called "Khuul", he was told. Given the humid air, he consigned himself to being uncomfortably damp for a while and began trotting towards the village.

Finally, Vvardenfell.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Sydharo Remyr gazed back across the blackened wastes for one last glance at his childhood home, telling himself that the sting in his eyes was merely the result of ash kicked up by the ever-flicking tail of his pack guar. It was easier to accept the lie and preparation, perhaps, for the lie he would have to live outside of the shell of the great Skar, for though he still wore the bonemould armour and the sigil of House Redoran etched onto his shield, he was Redoran no more.

He turned away from the distant silhouette of Aldruhn-under-Skar and the hazy shadow of Red Mountain behind, to look west along the road out of the barren Ashlands that had always been his home and towards the Bitter Coast and the West Gash and the long, muddy road to Khuul. There, Tribunal-willing, there would be a ship waiting that might take him to Solstheim or even Windhelm or Solitude - somewhere cold and far away, where no one would know about his banishment.

“And that would be for the best, I think,” he told the Guar as they trudged through the ash towards the sodden coast, “because there’ll be nothing left for me here in Vvardenfell.”

Even as he said the words allowed they hit him afresh with the searing grief of it all and the ash stung all the harder.