We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Fix to Legislator loopholes

Caught some glaring loopholes in our laws. Pardon the poor formatting, I wrote this draft quickly from mobile.

Quote:IV. THE ASSEMBLY

2. The Assembly will elect a Legislator as Chair for a term lasting four months. The Chair is responsible for maintaining order and decorum, and helping guide Assembly debate into the creation of bills. If a Chair is recalled, loses Legislator status, or is otherwise not in office, a new Chair will be elected for a new term lasting four months. The Election Commission will be responsible for organizing Chair elections.

VI. THE EXECUTIVE

Establishing an executive branch consisting of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet

1. The Prime Minister will be the head of government and the leader of the Cabinet. They will be responsible for the overall coordination of executive activities, being a liaison between the government and the community, and protecting the Coalition.

2. The Cabinet will consist of ministers with the following portfolios: Foreign Affairs, Regional Affairs, and Military Affairs.

3. Members of the Executive are required to hold Legislator status.

VII. THE DELEGATE

Establishing a head of State

1 The Delegate will be the head of state of the Coalition. They will be responsible for helping maintain the security of the region, promoting growth and activity, and serving as an advisor to the forum-side government. Barring reasonable circumstances, the Delegate will hold the in-game Delegate seat.

For Chair, a non-Legislator makes no sense.

For Executive, Legislator is required to run for office.

For Delegate, I don't think this needs justification.

Full support.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Slight change for CoA, didn't fully fix the hole there.

If anyone has a better placement for the Executive, please suggest it. It has the most awkward placement of the three.

I think the placement works fine. Sometimes it helps to make it as clear as day.

Full support.
[Image: Lj1SunN.png]
Formerly Banned For Still Unspecified "OOC Toxicity"

Likewise.

Nay

If this passes, I can't complete my Military Minister term =P

And the Cabinet plus Prime Minister needs all the help we can get.

Makes sense, and the wording looks fine to me.
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

(08-29-2017, 02:34 PM)Yuno Wrote: If this passes, I can't complete my Military Minister term =P

And the Cabinet plus Prime Minister needs all the help we can get.

Well the earliest it can come into effect is 10 days from now, more than enough time for my activity check and a reapplication. But feel free to take the Conflict of Interest route. Tounge