We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[IC] Railway Party, National Railway Museum, XinXian

[Image: National-Railway-Museum-NRM.jpg]

The Peony and her entourage are already in the party meeting with the party guests. Various CEOs, diplomats, ministers, figureheads, drivers and "enthusiasts" are invited to this party and are conversing casually within the big halls filled with massive locomotives that once became the powerhouse of the economy.

The Peony's love towards trains symbolized the nation's. Being landlocked had meant an immense investment towards this field, and innovation never stops. Thus, trainspotting and other railway related hobbies continue. She is happy that the museum has been fully improved from the dusty old shack it was before.

[Image: P4303421-1024x768.jpg]
She continues to court and discuss matters of the state's transport, and various other things, with her other guests. Seeking further insight on a sector she really wishes to develop. She casually waits for her other guests in the VIP dining car coupled to a locomotive, where she currently is located, and where the heads of states, or their representatives, are going to be guided to by their Liaison officer.

She continues to listen to the people sitting in her table, hearing the story on the reasons why the gauge of a railroad track is precisely 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in, or the way she prefers it, 1435 mm.
"毎日の小さな努力の積み重ねが歴史を作っていくんだよ。"

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

[Image: 5bDBXB8.png] [Image: Gny2SfF.png] [Image: tUG5vUH.png]

Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplay 2020
Treasure Island Awards Best Roleplayer 2020
Cocos Winner for Best Character Writer 2017
Cocos Winner for Best International Event 2017
Cocos Winner for Best Overall RP 2017

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

"May I sit here?"

I was too busy looking outside, I didnt mind anyone sitting in front of me. I didnt really care.

"Please."

Being The Peony is tougher than it looks, especially this time, with a huge pressure on my reign as Nuwang this year concerning the Global Games and the Cooperations. Theres so many projects, and this is not accounting my studies and my duties as a doctor. These Global Games especially, so many master athletes look to me to ensure they represent our land well....

"Hey Lady? Are you alright?"

I closed my book and took a sigh. I can tell that those within the vicinity are at leadt paying attention to the oncouth man.

"How dare you speak of The Nuwang like that, citizen."

I looked at the person in front of me. I realized his face, how can I forget such a face? Of my greatest rival.

"That isnt a good way to respond to a friend."

"...Tea, Doctor Kane?"

"I would be happy to."

A man that only has one name, Kane. I dont know where he got that stupid name, or where he actually come from. We go a long way back in the academy, the man had always been controversial and a public speaker, not the sharpest mind but he makes up for it using certain things.

I dont like him.

"Listen.." he sips his tea, and looks to me, "there are several acquaintances of ours that wishes us to meet in one of the locomotives."

"Not interested."

"Its Caitlin." He responded, "she wants to meet you in private."

"To had thought she did not respond to my invitations."

"How can she miss it for a friend?"

"Youre working for that pink princess?"

"I am in no obligation to tell you, my Nuwang."

"You are to speak and to respond to your Peony, mongrel."

"Can you just follow me?"

Sent from my vivo 1714 using Tapatalk

Put a little effort everyday and it will stack up and create a foundation for you.

- Doraemon

Things to know: Medical Intern and Biomedical Scientist from Indonesia, Muslim, 188 metres tall, loves trains

"Where are you taking me?"

"In one of the locomotives, there's something Caitlin would like to speak with you."

"It is highly innapropriate to take me out from my party, not to mention in secrecy and that my defenders are to be absent from their duties."

"And what duties?"

"Protecting me from these kinds of things."

"Things?"

"You know what this looks like Doctor Kane? It looks like when our students try to evade the chaperones to do despicable things alone."

"Surely the public would not expect you to do those things?"

"Youre right, I'm a Lady, unlike you, I have manners, and unlike me, they would certainly expect things from you, however."

"When it comes with Doctor Kane, things are never what they look like, everybody knows. I guess that's my reputation."

"So you noticed, and I thought you were too thickheaded to realize it."

"And Doctor Yan is much too mature to ever do anything innapropriate."

"Doctor Kane, when they call me mature, they mean boring."

"A bore? You? Pffft, you're sarcastic, bad-tempered and snobbish, but definitely not boring."

"Ill keep that in mind. You delicate man."

"We're here."

He led me away from the crowd to the depths of the museum, I had never expected how much of a maze the locomotives would be. There's just so many rolling stocks and locomotives of all eras. How much money did I spend on this? I can certainly tell it was a lot.

Caitlin sat on top of the boiler of a steam locomotive, drinking from a pink thermos, inserting coffee powder inside her cup every time she pours hot water. Drinking it as she gazes upon the lights that decorate the party.

"Since when are you this crude, my friend?"

"Since the war."

Kane signalled me to join Caitlin and sit down next to her. I did, and he leaned his back on the boiler, talking to Darach and another doctor.

"Not tea?"

"Instant coffee."

"That horrible thing?"

"Shut up, instant coffee is the best."

"Coming from the owner of the greatest cafe in the world."

"I have something to tell you... Our researchers found out of a new DNAvirus strand, needless to say, the continent is in danger."

Sent from my vivo 1714 using Tapatalk

- Doraemon