We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Amendment to Article 3 of the Charter

Quote:1. All members of The South Pacific will enjoy the freedoms of expression, speech, assembly, and the press, limited only by reasonable forum moderation policies.

It's a bit of a minor procedural change, but between other areas like Discord and the RMB I think the language should be adjusted slightly.

No reason to oppose or even discuss this to be honest. Would the Chair accept a motion to waive debate and proceed to voting?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]

I approve. The language policies should apply everywhere.
The Democratic Republic of East Nagaland
Legislator of the Assembly
MORA member
Active Tsunami Force member
Ambassador to TEP + TWP

(05-02-2018, 12:16 PM)Belschaft Wrote: No reason to oppose or even discuss this to be honest. Would the Chair accept a motion to waive debate and proceed to voting?

I would, and I'll second it. (Still needs 24 hours without objections and a motion to vote though Tounge )

Motion to vote when that 24 hours is up, then.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Does that mean the unreasonable and stalinistic moderation policies of Discord and RMB will no longer be legal? Tounge

I don't understand why this particular item needs an immediate debate time waiver. I won't oppose it, but I won't motion for it either.

That being said, I support the change itself.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

(05-03-2018, 11:08 AM)Roavin Wrote: I don't understand why this particular item needs an immediate debate time waiver. I won't oppose it, but I won't motion for it either.

It's a simple change with almost nothing to discuss. No one wants to want the mandatory 5 days for this one. Tounge

Hmm, it worries me to see legislation that could apply to our discord server, for that reason I have to say I’m against this.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

(05-03-2018, 05:06 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: Hmm, it worries me to see legislation that could apply to our discord server, for that reason I have to say I’m against this.

Strictly speaking, under the current law the Discord server either must allow absolute free speech, or it is governed by forum moderation policies, depending on how you want to interpret it. If anything this is intended to give gameside and discord a better legal ability to moderate without legal issues.