We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DRAFT] Amendment to the Border Control Act

Quote:3. Powers of the Local Council and Delegate

(1) The Delegate, or a majority of the Local Council, may order a border control action against a nation they determine to be spammers or trolls spamming, trolling, or flaming. The assent of the Council on Regional Security is required if the nation in question is not a low influence nation

Currently we don't really have any legal mechanism to deal with this type of behaviour. This type of behaviour has all the problems caused by trolling, but doesn't cross into that label such that it can be punished as trolling.

I think it's a valid distinction to make and still worth including, but I'm not sure what happened on the RMB today would count as flaming, either. Unless the definition is milder than I remember.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

(05-02-2018, 04:14 PM)Seraph Wrote: I think it's a valid distinction to make and still worth including, but I'm not sure what happened on the RMB today would count as flaming, either. Unless the definition is milder than I remember.

I do think that along with adding flaming, we should establish some definitions, not just for flaming, but also for trolling and spamming.

There are already sources available that have defined all three of these terms outside of our forums, it would be assumed that we follow those definitions.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

(05-02-2018, 04:14 PM)Seraph Wrote: I think it's a valid distinction to make and still worth including, but I'm not sure what happened on the RMB today would count as flaming, either. Unless the definition is milder than I remember.

I probably would claim the posts were inflammatory as per the standard flaming definitions. Id be happy to support the change.

(05-03-2018, 03:54 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: There are already sources available that have defined all three of these terms outside of our forums, it would be assumed that we follow those definitions.

Within our legislature? If so, could you link them?

(05-05-2018, 03:16 PM)Lakania Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 03:54 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: There are already sources available that have defined all three of these terms outside of our forums, it would be assumed that we follow those definitions.

Within our legislature? If so, could you link them?

If definitions do not exist in our legislature, we assume the common definition is being referred to, which is the case here.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

I have an alternative suggestion: How about something like "repeatedly and defiantly disrupting good-natured discourse"?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I'm not sure if that's a standard definition? It might be...
But i like where its heading

Certainly there are rmb posters who would fall foul of this definition who are not necessarily flaming. My high moral standing means i can't name names. :dodgy:

We also dont want to censure debate on topics... for example there was an 'interesting ' discussion on gun control in the United States of America the other day... it wasn't bad natured but there were strong views. :dodgy:

Is it possible to expand it in some way?

I like long winded and this may well be... but how about something along these lines

repeatedly, maliciously or defiantly disrupting good-natured discourse; or seeking to agitate, irritate or undermine the appropriate and orderly use of rmb.

Just going to bump this up.

Perhaps we add a few extra items to this list too, like harrassment. Recent events have shown some limitations of current laws. I'll try a draft that splits it out into a list, so it's easier to deal with.

Instead of complaining about what we want the law to do and resorting to questionable measures, we can make that change.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farengeto's post:
  • Beepee, Imperial Frost Federation, Seraph, Somyrion