We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

South Pacific Awards

For the end of the term I want to revive the South Pacific Awards. I was thinking of opening different categories and letting people submit names, then have some kind of anonymous voting, and give something nice to the winners.

Thoughts?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I think that's a great idea. What sort of categories were you thinking, and what would the prize be?
United States of Kalukmangala

Former High Court Justice

That is something we'll have to think about. I'm open to suggestions. I would like a mixture of serious and fun awards, so we can have a good time but also recognise people that have contributed to the region.

For reference on some fun awards: http://w11.zetaboards.com/NS_World_Fair_...9953481/1/
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Okay, cool. I like some of the ones on the zetaboards thread... Most Outspoken (that'd be a serious contender), Sleeper Agent, Rule the World... I think we could come up with some other funny ones, as well.

As for serious ones.... I can think of like Most Diplomatic, Best Legislator (?), or Best Legislative Drafter (?). I'll think on that some more, and also maybe will want to get the deputies involved in this, at least for planning purposes.

When are you thinking of opening the nomination period, having the voting period?

I'm thinking of opening nominations next week, having the voting period the week after, and then announce the results a couple of days before the election.

Legal Resources:

Cool. If you could post whatever categories you came up with, I will combine my list with yours and make a post for it tomorrow.