We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

PS2 For MoRA!

PS2 For MoRA!

Hello! I’m Pencil Sharpeners 2! Most of you already know who I am, so let’s get straight on with the campaign.

General Reasons to Vote for Me

• Experience - While I’ve never ran for a Cabinet position before, I’ve been involved in TSP and the Ministry for a long time. I was part of the Advisory Council for over a year, and among my work so far are interviews, satirical articles, election analysis, RMB quizzes, and the current Ejection Contest. I’ve also served 3 terms on the Local Council, which have been pretty well received by both TSP’s Gameside and Forumside communities.

• Consistent activity - I’ve been an active member of TSP for over 3 years now, and have rarely had periods of inactivity during that time. Recently I’ve had some regular tasks, such as the QuickNews and WA resolution summaries, which have required very frequent and consistent activity over a period of months. If I’m elected as MoRA, you can be sure that I’ll be around pretty much all the time.

• Connected with the region - I’m active on the RMB, Discord, and the forums, which will be useful in both bringing people into the Ministry, and producing activity and content that the whole region can enjoy.

What I Will Do If Elected

• Journalistic freedom - Currently journalism in the Ministry is very focussed around the Southern Journal. However, the SJ is a publication which requires very high-quality articles, which may be a little intimidating to some players, and put them off volunteering to write anything. My solution is to create a second publication (I’m open to suggestions for the name…), which is much more informal. There would, of course, still be a minimum standard of quality, but it wouldn’t be on the same level as the SJ, and writers would be free to write about any topic (including IRL ones). I plan to recruit heavily for this publication, as I believe we could get a lot of people writing articles who currently aren’t involved with the Ministry.

• Connecting roleplay - I admit that I’m not interested in RP, and probably never will be, but I still have a plan for this area of TSP. General Assembly resolutions are very RP-based, and I believe that encouraging TSP’s RPers to discuss and form opinions on these resolutions will provide a link between different areas of TSP. I aim to get to the point where our RP community advises the Delegate on voting in the much the same way our FA folk advise the Delegate on SC resolutions.

• Advent Calendar - We’ve done this for the past couple of years, and will do it again under me. A new discussion topic/RP/minigame for each of the 24 days of the Advent Calendar. Given the low levels of activity in the Ministry recently, I don’t want to commit to any more festivals or events right now.

• NSWF - This will likely happen during this term, and I’d like to get planning underway for what we can include in our booth. I’d also like to get ideas for this from outside the Ministry (particularly the RMB).

• Dispatch organisation - TSP’s dispatches are so close to being organised. There is still some work to do bringing them all together, however. I’d like to make it so our dispatches effectively form a website, where you can get from any TSP dispatch to any other without leaving the system. I would probably create a new nation specifically for this purpose.

Conflict Of Interest

Main nation - Pencil Sharpeners 2
WA nation - Pencil Sharpeners 2
Other aliases - None that I use, but a full list of my nations is available on request
Positions held within TSP - CRS membership. LC membership would be resigned upon election.
Positions held in other regions - None

Questions and Answers

-Bloop-
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.
[-] The following 4 users Like Pencil Sharpeners's post:
  • Midand, Seraph, Somyrion, USoVietnam

(10-03-2018, 07:05 PM)Pencil Sharpeners Wrote: Positions held in other regions - None

What about Pencil Sharpeners Puppet Storage? Omg
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?
[-] The following 3 users Like New Haudenosaunee Confederacy's post:
  • Midand, Rebeltopia, Somyrion

(1) How many aliases do you have?

(2) Do you think the Ministry should host its own 'Assembly', a mini-GA, to post resolutions on RP matters?

(3) What will be the extent of your participation in the Gameplay forum if you are elected?

(4) Do you think the Cabinet should provide a report on its activities to the Assembly? And if so, how often should it do so?

(5) How long is the period of inactivity by a Cabinet Minister before you would agree that it amounts to a dereliction of duty?

(10-03-2018, 07:43 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 07:05 PM)Pencil Sharpeners Wrote: Positions held in other regions - None

What about Pencil Sharpeners Puppet Storage? Omg 
I wouldn't exactly consider anything in my puppet storage region to be a "position"...
(10-03-2018, 08:19 PM)Amerion Wrote: (1) How many aliases do you have?

(2) Do you think the Ministry should host its own 'Assembly', a mini-GA, to post resolutions on RP matters?

(3) What will be the extent of your participation in the Gameplay forum if you are elected?

(4) Do you think the Cabinet should provide a report on its activities to the Assembly? And if so, how often should it do so?

(5) How long is the period of inactivity by a Cabinet Minister before you would agree that it amounts to a dereliction of duty?

1. I have 40 nations, though I wouldn't consider any of them to be "aliases" because I don't use them for anything other than issue answering or events like N-Day. Do you want a full list?

2. The method of discussing GA votes would be up for the RP community to decide, thought I'd be happy to provide guidance and advice if needed.

3. Minimal. I don't think there is much need for a MoRA to be active there unless we're hosting an inter-regional event, which I don't have planned.

4. I'm not opposed to a formal report, but I don't think it's necessary. I think the Cabinet should provide regular updates to the entire region (not just the Assembly), but it should be up to each Ministry as to when they do that, since the nature of each Ministry and its activity is different.

5. Depends how you define "inactivity". I'd say one month (barring exceptional circumstance), but activity levels cover a broad spectrum, not just a binary active or inactive, so it depends on how inactive they've been.

(1) No need to provide a list for me Wink I was simply curious Tounge

(2) Nods

(3) Nods

(4) Perhaps not a formal report per se, I would like to see some sort of Q&A though.

(5) One month is awfully generous; it amounts to a quarter of a Cabinet Minister's term ... I do agree with your point about the broad spectrum of activity though.

Any special sparkly pizzazz you currently are planning for the booth?
Woof, woof, I'm a dog I like dogs.

Legislator in the Assembly of the South Pacific.
Member of the Island Democratic Party.
Former Local Councillor in the South Pacific.

(10-05-2018, 09:56 PM)Midand Wrote: Any special sparkly pizzazz you currently are planning for the booth?

I presume you're talking about the NSWF booth? I'd like to showcase the talents of individual TSPers. Last year, for example, we had threads for my Southern Onion and Volaworand's Kentucky Fired Penguin stuff. This sort of thing is what I'd like to see more of for this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pencil Sharpeners's post:
  • Seraph

Finally PS2 runs for MoRA, a happy Serres is me! 

So just a few questions:

1. In line with my own doctrine of breeding a new generation of skilled Legislators to help fill out our member roster moving into the future. How do you feel about this? How open are you going to be to including newer members in higher level event planning and execution?

2. Outside of your current plethora of regional activities, is there anything new you plan to bring to the table? Or will you be focusing on making what we have as amazing as possible? (Either is fine just need to get a grasp on what your plans as MoRA are in regards to new stuff)

3. I was and still am working on a festival hosted in joint between TEP and TSP. Will you allow that festival to continue on as planned in the next term? Even offer your own support for it? (cant give details as it's still pretty hush hush ;p)
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

(10-06-2018, 01:21 PM)The Serres Republic Wrote: Finally PS2 runs for MoRA, a happy Serres is me! 

So just a few questions:

1. In line with my own doctrine of breeding a new generation of skilled Legislators to help fill out our member roster moving into the future. How do you feel about this? How open are you going to be to including newer members in higher level event planning and execution?

2. Outside of your current plethora of regional activities, is there anything new you plan to bring to the table? Or will you be focusing on making what we have as amazing as possible? (Either is fine just need to get a grasp on what your plans as MoRA are in regards to new stuff)

3. I was and still am working on a festival hosted in joint between TEP and TSP. Will you allow that festival to continue on as planned in the next term? Even offer your own support for it? (cant give details as it's still pretty hush hush ;p)
1. I'm absolutely in favour of getting as many people involved as possible, particularly given the recent dwindling of our active members. However, I'm not sure if legislatorship should be a priority. Personally, I'd like to allow as much flexibility as possible for people to get involved in their own ways. I think we'll see more success using that method. I'd like to include anybody competent (or willing to learn) in ministry activities, including at a high level. The MoRA always struggles with having enough people to do all the things the ministry should be doing, so I won't turn down any help.

2. I'll be focusing on the stuff in my campaign. Ministry activity has declined significantly over the past few months, so I believe this is a term for consolidation rather than ambition. I'd like to make sure we have a solid base to build on before attempting anything else.

3. Yes, I'll support it. I said in my campaign that there would be no festivals in my term because I didn't want to commit to something I couldn't deliver, but if you've already worked some stuff out and have people on board, I'll be happy to make the festival a priority and support it in any way possible.

This campaign is a (erstwhile pipe) dream come true! You've needed to do this for, like, ever. Very happy.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 3 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Rebeltopia, Roavin, Somyrion