We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DRAFT] Regional Security: Amend Regional Communications Act

This thread is related to our current Regional Security Reform, and the necessary amendments to Regional Communications Act shall be drafted here.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Quote:2. Mass Communication

(1) Communications to the region shall be
a. respectful
b. honest
c. restrained to a reasonable frequency of notifications
d. neutral with respect to political ideology or debate

(2) Communications to the region shall not
a. mislead the public
b. attack or otherwise diminish other officials
c. attack or otherwise diminish The South Pacific or her allies
d. directly or indirectly threaten the security apparatus of the South Pacific or her allies

(3) The Delegate may, at their discretion, enact further restrictions, guidelines, or approval processes on the use of mass communications.

(4) The Council on Regional Security Either the Council on Security and Intelligence or the Defence Council may temporarily suspend the provisions contained herein for themselves or any duly chosen surrogates for purposes of regional security.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

Probably just the CSI, no?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Rebeltopia

That was the point of splitting them.

But that does just about sum up whats needed here.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

Draft 2 - I decided to add another clause to Article 2.
Quote:2. Mass Communication

(1) Communications to the region shall be
a. respectful
b. honest
c. restrained to a reasonable frequency of notifications
d. neutral with respect to political ideology or debate

(2) Communications to the region shall not
a. mislead the public
b. attack or otherwise diminish other officials
c. attack or otherwise diminish The South Pacific or her allies
d. influence an ongoing regional election
d.e. directly or indirectly threaten the security apparatus of the South Pacific or her allies

(3) The Delegate may, at their discretion, enact further restrictions, guidelines, or approval processes on the use of mass communications.

(4) The Council on Regional SecurityThe Council on Security and Intelligence may temporarily suspend the provisions contained herein for themselves or any duly chosen surrogates for purposes of regional security.
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Amerion

Whilst I don't think this addition is a bad amendment, I do think it's inappropriate to include it in this proposal which has the express purpose of tidying things up to match the new regional security measures. A rider like this might jeopardise the whole package if it proves controversial. I suggest you propose it as a separate amendment with its own thread.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 2 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Roavin

(01-19-2019, 08:27 AM)Seraph Wrote: Whilst I don't think this addition is a bad amendment, I do think it's inappropriate to include it in this proposal which has the express purpose of tidying things up to match the new regional security measures. A rider like this might jeopardise the whole package if it proves controversial. I suggest you propose it as a separate amendment with its own thread.

Sure thing.

So, I suppose this one should be wrapped up with simply this part from TSE's last draft:

Quote:(4) The Council on Regional SecurityThe Council on Security and Intelligence may temporarily suspend the provisions contained herein for themselves or any duly chosen surrogates for purposes of regional security.
[/quote]

Sold.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebeltopia's post:
  • Roavin