We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Recruitment Definition

Hey all! I hope I’m posting in the right place, if not, sorry.

So, I have a question: what is the exact definition of recruitment? If there isn’t an exact definition then can you tell me whether or not it includes inviting people to raid a region with you.

In the RMB etiquette guide the law surrounding recruitment is:
“3. Endotarting and Recruiting
Asking for endorsements on the RMB as well as recruitment for other regions is not allowed in the RMB, and will lead to warnings and suppression.”

Which could or could not include raiding.

In Aidenfieeld’s improved RMB etiquette guide (which still isn’t a part of the Guides to Nationstates and The South Pacific - Table of Contents) it says:
“III. No Endortarting or Recruiting.
Endortarting, or asking for endorsements on the RMB is not allowed at all.
Similarly, recruiting, or telling people to move to a region is also not allowed. Breaking these rules will lead to warnings and suppression.”

Which means asking others to raid with you, to leave tSP for another region temporarily, is a part of recruiting and therefore illegal.

Another piece of legislation I found was in the Boarder Control Act under 2.1:
“(1) The Council on Regional Security may order a border control action when they determine that a nation is contributing to a probable imminent threat of the World Assembly Delegate position being seized by nation other than the legal holder of that position, for up to a week or the time necessary for that nation's influence in the South Pacific to decay to the level of a low influence nation, whichever is longer.”
Which, because the World Assembly Delegate’s Position is undefined, may ban any raiding, but I doubt it because, typically, “world assembly delegate” means specifically the South Pacific’s delegate (despite all delegates being “world assembly delegates”).

And, to my knowledge, the comprehensive repository has nothing on the subject.

I’m asking because now I have seen two instances of nations enticing other nations to raid a different region with them and it seems to be a morally gray area.

Thanks a bunch! And, oh, before I forget, how do you search for laws on the forums? It took me ages to find (probably) the wrong information.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lily Pad's post:
  • Amerion, Divine Owl, Poppy

Recruiting is either advertising a region or a raid of a region on the RMB.  

Also, for the laws you're looking for, do you mean the charter?
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs
[-] The following 3 users Like Divine Owl's post:
  • Amerion, Lily Pad, Poppy

(01-25-2019, 11:49 PM)Divine Owl Wrote: Recruiting is either advertising a region or a raid of a region on the RMB.  

Edit: also, because the discussion post has been answered, do I just leave the discussion post here? Do I delete my original post? What do I do now that the thread is over? This is my first time doing this, sorry.

Thanks Owl Friend! Is there a specific place which says what you’re saying, or is the definition simply common knowledge?

As for the charter: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-4111.html
Is that it? If so, the charter doesn’t really talk about RMB stuff, it’s more governmental. I suppose people avoid RMB laws because they change so much and are basically given to the Local Council.

If that’s not the charter then, yes please! I’d love a link!
[-] The following 3 users Like Lily Pad's post:
  • Amerion, Divine Owl, Poppy

(01-26-2019, 12:02 AM)Lily Pad Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 11:49 PM)Divine Owl Wrote: Recruiting is either advertising a region or a raid of a region on the RMB.  

Edit: also, because the discussion post has been answered, do I just leave the discussion post here? Do I delete my original post? What do I do now that the thread is over? This is my first time doing this, sorry.

Thanks Owl Friend! Is there a specific place which says what you’re saying, or is the definition simply common knowledge?

As for the charter: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-4111.html
Is that it? If so, the charter doesn’t really talk about RMB stuff, it’s more governmental. I suppose people avoid RMB laws because they change so much and are basically given to the Local Council.

If that’s not the charter then, yes please! I’d love a link!

Hi, Lily!

Yes, that is the charter. It's the overriding document defining the laws of our region, but the detail is often let to the individual acts of law, which are kept in the same place. Though they do occasionally affect the gameside, such as the amendment to the elections act currently polling, for the most part they deal with the forumside government as the LC is empowered to create its own laws for the gameside, providing they don't contradict the charter.

As for what happens to this thread when the discussion is over, you can just leave it and eventually it will be archived.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 4 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Divine Owl, Lily Pad, Poppy

I think the best way to go about getting R/D support from TSP is contacting our Minister of Military Affairs. They’re able to “recruit” people for the SPSF for ops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Divine Owl, Lily Pad, Poppy