We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DECLASSIFIED-DEC.2019] Feb19 Term: Interns and Advisors

I'd like 1-3 senior advisors to the Cabinet that we appoint now for the duration of the term. Furthermore, I'd like each ministry to appoint one intern, though it can freely change that intern around when necessary (I'm thinking maybe evaluate the merits of that intern after a month?)

Ministers, please inform us who you'd like to have as interns in your ministries for now.

Regarding Cabinet advisors, I'm just going to dump a list of names and see where the discussion goes.
  • Rebeltopia
  • Amerion
  • USoVietnam
  • Tsunamy
  • Kris
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I'm genuinely happy with all those on the list.

My suggestions were going to be very similar.

We'll have to wittle that list down a bit, of course, otherwise Cabinet will be a bit too big Tounge

Amerion, Kris and Viet stand out to me from those. Kris has the historical and cultural experience, Viet has a lot of mechanical knowledge and has been doing great work on the dispatch project and SWAN, and Amerion's also been doing some great RA + Assembly integration work.

Tsunamy and Rebs are not active enough right now for my taste and their bases of knowledge, I think, are covered by the other potential advisors.

I'd like to use the intern position to try and train up a new MoMA. So I'm going to hold off on picking one so far. The only people experienced enough in the SPSF and trusted enough to be in the cabinet have all already been in Cabinet (Roavin, Serres, Viet), and nobody else yet shows quite enough potential/commitment that I'd want them in Cabinet.

Nakari's recent appointment as MoFA brought my attention to these two legal sections:

Charter — VI. THE EXECUTIVE Wrote:(15) The Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers may elect to appoint deputies and advisors, who will be considered junior members of the Cabinet, but will not have voting rights in any executive decision.

Elections Act — 7. Separation of Powers Wrote:(1) Offices of the Coalition are the Delegate, the Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers, the Chair of the Assembly, Local Councillors, the Chief Justice, and any of their appointed deputies.

Emphasis mine.

Given that the Advisory Councils replaced the positions of deputies, advisors and interns have become prominent 'deputy' roles. Should they not similarly be firewalled?

I'm happy with Amerion, Kris and USOV too.

I'm proposing to have Serres as vice-Minister for MoRA. I think that would be useful for me. Is there any objection to that?

I had hoped to pull in Vola for intern, but there's current availability issues with him for the next short while. Aiden has done good LC work, perhaps he may be interested. Thoughts on Aidenfieeld?

I suspect Kris will refuse the summon to be advisor due to his position on the Court. I'll ask the potentials once Glen has had the chance to comment on everything.

Beepee, either Serres or Aiden would seem like good choices for the MoRA slot for different reasons. Or were you thinking both, even?

Both if I can get them... Smile

serres would be a yes....

I'm awaiting Aiden to come into the land of the living (I.e. morning)

edit
Both are on board.... Smile i assume there's no objections.

I'd say let's stick to one internship slot per ministry so that we don't blow up the Cabinet office too much. I'm personally not opposed to either, of course, and if you'd still like both, you could always make the argument to us that one of them (so, probably Serres) should get one of the overall advisor slots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Beepee

(02-15-2019, 08:20 AM)Amerion Wrote: Nakari's recent appointment as MoFA brought my attention to these two legal sections:

Charter — VI. THE EXECUTIVE Wrote:(15) The Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers may elect to appoint deputies and advisors, who will be considered junior members of the Cabinet, but will not have voting rights in any executive decision.

Elections Act — 7. Separation of Powers Wrote:(1) Offices of the Coalition are the Delegate, the Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers, the Chair of the Assembly, Local Councillors, the Chief Justice, and any of their appointed deputies.

Emphasis mine.

Given that the Advisory Councils replaced the positions of deputies, advisors and interns have become prominent 'deputy' roles. Should they not similarly be firewalled?

Just bumping this ...

I think it is important to understand who are government officials ...