We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[1916] Validity of Unindexed Laws

Validity of Unindexed Laws

Docket File Number: 1916

Submitter: Nakari

Date of Submission: 01 April 2019

Case Type: Legal Question

Question:
  • Is the 2016-09-08 Amendment to the Elections Act law?
  • Is the 2016-12-18 Amendment to the Elections Act law?
Case Link: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-7040.html

Restricted to CHIEF JUSTICE KRINGLE and JUSTICE REBELTOPIA
(except for discussions on the determination of justiciability)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Id say its justiciable. There is legal merit to the question(s).
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I would concur; the questions clearly refers to provisions of the law and has a wide-ranging possible impact.

Do @Belschaft and @Awe have any thoughts on this?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I concur with regards to justiciability

With a majority of 3-0, the Court has deemed this question justiciable. I will post the determination shortly.

Legal Resources:

Did we post this? If not I could do it

PS: The link is incorrect. It leads to "Legal Question [1909] Standard Moderation Policy."

http://tspforums.xyz/thread-7040.html is the correct link
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

I will also post this today.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Legal Resources:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kris Kringle's post:
  • Rebeltopia

CASE ADMITTED
See here for more information

Legal Resources:

@Awe:
I would tend to agree with what Nat has said in their brief. What becomes law is whatever is voted on, regardless of its codification to the Law Index. Otherwise I could remove any law from it and it would cease to be law. I do have a concern about future laws being voted on based on an erroneous or outdated text, but I don’t know if that’s within the scope of this question.

I don’t know what thoughts you have on this?

Legal Resources: