We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Poll: Would you be okay with the Defender Awards being hosted in TSP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
65.22%
15 65.22%
No
21.74%
5 21.74%
Unsure/don't care
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[POLL] Defender Awards

Hey everyone!

So I know TSP has hosted defender events before on the forum - Escade's defender expo among other things. I have volunteered to host the 2019 Defender Awards and I thought it would be easiest for me to do them here, but with the ongoing debate over our alignment I figured it best to poll the Assembly first - is it cool if I go ahead and host them here or would it better to do them elsewhere? As Penguin said on Discord yesterday, it could be a really good way for some of y'all to get to know the broader defender community before we officially decide to go defender or not ourselves.

Thoughts from y'all, especially the forum admins, would be appreciated as well. I've kept this in the private halls for now just for safety - it's not super confidential or anything but better safe than sorry for the time being I suppose.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 2 users Like Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Roavin, Seraph

Administratively, there's no issue with it.

Politically, I'd be in favor of course!
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roavin's post:
  • Seraph

How many people usually attend this event?

Hey @Amerion - Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. I didn't see voting numbers from last year. But in the year before when I hosted, 44 people voted. I'd say about half of those actually participated on TGW's forum - a lot of people were following and turned in votes through the other methods. 10ki very often sends votes in from their own forum or through other means. I'd expect anywhere from 30 to 50 votes this year - not sure because of the general lull in activity the last few months.

I've had some thoughts about the hosting generally. I'm probably going to make a Defender Awards discord server and do a live awards ceremony there before posting the results on the forums. We can maybe run other events during the nomination and voting periods as well.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Witchcraft and Sorcery's post:
  • Amerion