We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

TEP // Rahl, LWU, potential coup, etc.

So, this was mentioned on Discord, but I want a formal thread here.

Can someone please provide a list of our current worries? I can't read through thousands of lines of Discord chats to figure out what's going on, especially with it's interspersed from snark from Wolf?

From what I'm gathering so far, TEP's legislature has dwindled down to the point where Empire/Rahl affiliates exert a lot of power, and Davelands (Empire) is proposing policies that will make it much more difficult in practice for new members to be added. In addition to that, there are accusations that Empire imported votes for Fedele (aka Scardino). Additionally, members of the Khanate (the Empire and LWU-backed group that couped Lazarus) now have Border Control powers and are very close to Fedele's endorsement level, meaning if they do "coup" it will be difficult to fight against. And lastly, they've been ejecting people left and right, but I can't really find any documentation about that.

They've ejected enough nations that they have dipped below the population of Balder.

There's also the issue of Viziers. Viziers should have the ability to depose the delegate. Two Viziers, Bachtendekuppen and hobbes, have been less supportive of Fedele. So Bachtendekuppen has had his influence drained - I believe by being ordered to kick cap violators - and hobbes has no border control. This leaves Todd and Aelitia. Todd is somewhat inactive and may side with Fedele, and Aelitia has worked with Empire before. So the two Viziers with any likelihood of doing their job have been prevented...

The exact details of Davelands' proposal would mean that the Delegate has a direct hand in who gets accepted and who doesn't.

I think that's most of it.

When did Aelitia work with Empire?

(06-21-2019, 06:18 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: When did Aelitia work with Empire?

He's worked with Dali before - I probably should have said Empire member. I'd have to ask Cormac for more details.

The "Death to Marsupials" thing refers to the mass-ejections of non-WA nations with default flags that TEP has done on a few occasions. I'd need to go digging for more specific information or documentation that but it is worrying. It would represent an attempt at desensitization to mass ejections that is very concerning.

The rest of it you pretty much have correct. If you look at the votes for the last election, there are a ton of votes from Empire/Rahl/LWU people, both in terms of votes that were allowed and those that were disallowed. And Fedele and co have been pushing policies that make it very difficult for anyone new to join the Magisterium. So that has dwindled down to... 6 members, I think it is now. And the people left are the people you think. Empire/Rahl and LWU.

Edit: This should be all the documentation you need.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.

Can I get a list of the Empire/Rahl/LWU votes from the last election? I don't want it to seem like I'm asking y'all to do all the work here, but... Tounge I just want us to have facts for whatever statement we end of putting out, instead of listing off vague things.

[Message redacted for diplomatic reasons.]

I have it somewhere. I can put the info from the google doc in here. Will edit with that info a moment.

EDIT: Confirmed Empire/Rahl/LWU people that voted for Fedele:

Halo
Badger
Davelands
Aleister/Lamb
Funkadelia (disallowed)
Neenee (disallowed)
Dali (disallowed)
NES (idk about Rahl status but something tells me he's almost certainly an import/involved somehow)

Other votes for Fedele that are interesting are Aelitia, Escade (disallowed), Greyghost (disallowed), and Ark (disallowed). 

This smells like a mass amount of importation. All but a couple of the people I named have been GCR delegates somewhere else before.

Witchcraft and Sorcery

Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense. Formerly many things in other regions. Defender. Ideologue. he/they.

Draft statement:
-----

The Cabinet of The South Pacific is deeply concerned with the ongoing developments within our allied partner The East Pacific. When our regions signed the January Accords, we opened the treaty with dedication to “promot[ing] the ideals of democracy, unity and peace.” Several actions undertaken by the Fedele administration leave us worried about our sister Feeder’s commitment to democratic governance.

The mass ejection of innocent nations is a serious red flag that we can no longer ignore. The Fedele administration has adopted a program of freely ejecting any nation that is not a member of the World Assembly, has not applied for official citizenship via The East Pacific forum, and maintains the default NationStates flag. These nations have been dubbed “marsupials” in an effort to lessen the negative image of mass ejections, which have historically indicated the rise of an anti-democratic regime in Game-Created Regions.

While the Cabinet makes no claims to be authorities on the laws of The East Pacific, Article F, Section 7 of the Concordat of The East Pacific states in clear terms: “Each nation may enter or leave the region freely, unless that nation is convicted of a crime by the Conclave.” This is not a right guaranteed only to “citizens,” but to “each nation” of The East Pacific. We cannot find any law of The East Pacific that declares not being a World Assembly member, not being a citizen, or maintaining the default flag a crime. Unless The East Pacific is able to provide a clear and precise legal justification for these mass ejections, we must strongly condemn them as anti-democratic and contrary to the commitments made in the January Accords to promote the ideals of democracy.

Additionally, the Cabinet is dismayed at the increased presence and influence of members of the Rahl Family and Lone Wolves United, two groups in NationStates that have perpetrated several coups d’etat and infiltrations of Game-Created Regions. While the Rahl Family portrays itself as an innocent roleplaying group, the Cabinet recognizes that this is merely a façade for the group known as the Empire, which has been prohibited from joining The South Pacific due to its history of threats to our region. The increasing influence of Lone Wolves United is equally worrying, given their history of slowly infiltrating and subsequently overthrowing the Celestial Union of Lazarus. The recent election to the Magisterium of Aleister/Lamb Stone, who helped perpetrate the Lazarus coup, amplifies those concerns. While the Cabinet should not and cannot interfere in the self-determination and internal governance of The East Pacific, we fear that history may be repeating itself.

As an ally of The East Pacific, we implore the Fedele administration to cease the anti-democratic purges of innocent nations and reaffirm The East Pacific’s commitment to the ideals of democracy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sandaoguo's post:
  • Rebeltopia

Can we get a formal vote on the statement above?

I'm in favor.