We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Islandstown
Thumbs Up 
ISLANDSTOWN

Preface
I stood before you for Delegate a year ago like I stand before you now- but I know that the things that are most important are what occurred between then and now, how ive grown, what ive learned, and how TSP has changed. 

When I first joined TSP I had no idea what waited for me: The friends I would make, the journeys I would take, the squabbles that wouldnt last long- and the sense of community, comradery, and family I would find.

When I first came to TSP in April 2018 I was very lucky to be asked by a fellow legislator by the name of Bzerneleg to help him with his Chair campaign, so I spoke to nearly every legislator, and I spoke about the need for change here, the need for fresh faces and new blood in our region. We lost by one vote. 

The experience that I gained from that campaign set the stage for the rest of my career here, and set the stage for my delegate campaign just a short while after that. I spoke to every legislator, and I again spoke of the need for change here, the need for fresh faces and new blood in The South Pacific, but I also spoke of the need for unity, kindness, and respect.

Today as I stand before you I seek to speak not only about the need for change but also the need for unity. The need for unity is something that got away from me during my career here, sometimes in the reaction to things that I didnt feel were fair, sometimes because it seemed like too big of a task to unite people. I promise you this: never again will I sidetrack unity because of some slight, or perceived difficulty.  

What I know now after a year is this: That more unites us as regionmates than divides us, that more unites us as a family than divides us, and most importantly that unity is possible. 
My vision for the region
(this part goes here when completed)
Legislator
Minister of Media
Former Deputy Chair of the Assembly (x3)
Former MoRA
Former Deputy MoRA
Ambassador to XKI
Anti-Establishment Populist
[-] The following 3 users Like islands_of_unity's post:
  • Poppy, Spaceania, Volaworand

(07-03-2019, 06:07 AM)islands_of_unity Wrote: (Campaign stuff goes here)

Very Campaign! Much goodly!
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 5 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Beepee, Divine Owl, Poppy, Spaceania, Volaworand

*applauds*

This is by far the most substance-filled campaign I've ever seen, well done!  :p
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs
[-] The following 3 users Like Divine Owl's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Spaceania

It's Warren-like in its detail!
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Spaceania

Do you plan on forcing Seraph to hold the delegacy as long as the CRS will possibly let you?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Seraph, Spaceania

What is your opinion on the TEP saga?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • Poppy

Let's jump in with a few proper questions:
  1. What are your qualifications to be Delegate? You've served only a partial term in office as MoRA, a term which raises a lost of its own concerns. What makes you qualified to hold our highest office?
  2. I find something questionable about your campaigning on a platform of unity, when it stands at odds with your own political record. Your entire platform in TSP has been about targeting segments of TSP you claim are "establishment" and have long tried to stoke anger against it. It's one thing to say you won't do that again, but why should we believe it?
  3. The Delegacy is a very powerful office to hold. It can can control our security policy, and it extreme cases it can oppose our security (i.e. through a coup). You hold no security qualifications yourself, which isn't a severe issue on its own. However you've come into open conflict with several members of the CRS and other important security individuals on many occasions. Many of those involved with regional security are members of the so-called establishment you've repeatedly openly attacked. So why should we trust you with the fate of our region's security if you held the highest office? Can we trust that you won't undermine our region's security - directly or indirectly - when you've been so hostile towards its membership in the past?
I suspect I'll have another list of these whenever you post the actual platform, but I'll leave it here for now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farengeto's post:
  • Belschaft, Poppy

(07-05-2019, 09:51 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Do you plan on forcing Seraph to hold the delegacy as long as the CRS will possibly let you?

I'm not comfortable at all with this "lol what if seraph couped?!" Jokes. Our own democracy shouldn't be the subject of a joke even if it's lighthearted and ironic.
Legislator
Minister of Media
Former MoRA
Former Deputy MoRA
Ambassador to XKI
[-] The following 1 user Likes islands_of_unity's post:
  • Poppy

(07-05-2019, 11:07 AM)North Prarie Wrote: What is your opinion on the TEP saga?

My opinion is this: That it is concerning that TEP has an issue of power and talent pooling towards the top, this is my worry in many regions. While as far as I can tell Fedele was rightfully elected, I do hope that he and the magisterium sit down and take a conscious look at their actions and how it affects their region. My hope for TEP (and all regions for that matter) is that they embrace democracy and freedom.
Legislator
Minister of Media
Former MoRA
Former Deputy MoRA
Ambassador to XKI
[-] The following 1 user Likes islands_of_unity's post:
  • Poppy

(07-05-2019, 12:17 PM)Farengeto Wrote: Let's jump in with a few proper questions:
  1. What are your qualifications to be Delegate? You've served only a partial term in office as MoRA, a term which raises a lost of its own concerns. What makes you qualified to hold our highest office?
  2. I find something questionable about your campaigning on a platform of unity, when it stands at odds with your own political record. Your entire platform in TSP has been about targeting segments of TSP you claim are "establishment" and have long tried to stoke anger against it. It's one thing to say you won't do that again, but why should we believe it?
  3. The Delegacy is a very powerful office to hold. It can can control our security policy, and it extreme cases it can oppose our security (i.e. through a coup). You hold no security qualifications yourself, which isn't a severe issue on its own. However you've come into open conflict with several members of the CRS and other important security individuals on many occasions. Many of those involved with regional security are members of the so-called establishment you've repeatedly openly attacked. So why should we trust you with the fate of our region's security if you held the highest office? Can we trust that you won't undermine our region's security - directly or indirectly - when you've been so hostile towards its membership in the past?
I suspect I'll have another list of these whenever you post the actual platform, but I'll leave it here for now.

1. This is gonna harp back to later awnsers: The delegacy isn't an executive position, it's ceremonial. I don't necessarily think that executive history is required for the position. What makes me qualified for this position is that I have a keen interest in WA matters, have a hope for unity here, and that above all I am willing and prepared to safe keep, protect, and hold up the coalition and the people of the South Pacific.

2. You can choose to believe as you wish. I will say this though: there is no sentence or paragraph that I could say that would convince you that I've changed, it is only through action that I can prove that I have. With that in mind I hope that you give me the opportunity to prove it wether in or out of the delegacy. As i said earlier a lot of the harshest antiestablishment rhetoric emerged in reaction to things that I didn't feel were fair, it is my belief now that the only way forward is to commit conscious efforts to unify and avoid divisiveness.

3. The pure and simple fact is that engaging in a coup or defiling the security laws on the books in tsp is illegal, I don't think that any person who gains the delegacy would ever be actually able to break the law without being subdued by the crs and tried by the courts. I actually view this as a credit to the establishment: that the system they created is bulletproof save for democratic change caused by a majority of the region. I would like to remind you that my opposition to the people you mentioned is purely political, and that I support the people in the crs and other non political security positions. I'm sure that you're uniquely aware of how many times I've quietly and privately went to the crs to report illegal activity, and that my personal integrity is important to me, and that I hold tsp's laws to a high standard.
Legislator
Minister of Media
Former MoRA
Former Deputy MoRA
Ambassador to XKI
[-] The following 3 users Like islands_of_unity's post:
  • Poppy, Seraph, Spaceania