We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A Fox for TSP - More than a Fluffball

[Image: a3e61de6d2c87702b947b39429856b0d.png]

WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE
THE SOLAR SYSTEM SCOPE
aka AstroVulpes
FOR DELEGATE

"From Loyalty Comes Security and Prosperity"

The position of Delegate in this region could be compared to one of head of state, since the Prime Minister is the one who is the one most responsible for government affairs, but that doesn't mean that it is to be disregarded as unimportant. The Delegate has to keep the region safe from people who seek to overthrow them and threaten the stability of the region, to represent the region in World Assembly affairs, to promote its interests and culture, and overall be a game-side figure-head that arguably is seen as elementary for the region's well-being. They have to be present and prominent rather than being hidden away, so as to encourage the region that they are there for them. They need to be genuinely interested in every individual citizen as well as the region as a whole. Considering that I have poured in countless of hours into this game and this region, seeing to that as many as possible can feel welcome and well, I believe that I deserve to be rightfully considered as a proper candidate. I wish nothing more than to serve this region, the place I call home, and I would like for it to have the best treatment and care administered to it so as to shine like a bright beacon on the playing field of NationStates. Also, supply it with lots of floofy cuddles~
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ〜?

Current World Assembly Nation and only active one: The Solar System Scope
All past and present aliases used: The Solar System Scope, The solar system scope of tsp (CTE), The doctor who tsss (CTE), Unified telescopes (CTE, ex-WA), Classical music of mozart and beethoven (CTE), The Sun ScopeThe Mercury ScopeThe Venus ScopeThe Earth ScopeThe Moon ScopeThe Mars ScopeThe Ceres ScopeThe Pallas ScopeThe Juno ScopeThe Vesta ScopeThe Jupiter ScopeThe Saturn ScopeThe Uranus ScopeThe Neptune ScopeThe Chibi Moon ScopeThe Hubble Space Telescope.

Discord handle: AstroVulpes#4925

All present involvement in other regions and organizations: the South Pacific.
All past involvement in other regions and organizations: NationStates Astronomical SocietyMusical ExperienceTSP Official Regional GamesSouth Pacific Regional GamesSouth Pacific Ejection GamesSouth Pacific Ejection Contest
Inactive puppet residency: The East Pacificthe PacificThe North Pacificthe West PacificLazarusOsirisBalderForest10000 IslandsConch KingdomThe Union of Democratic StatesEuropeEuropeia.
 All current positions held across NationStates: TSP citizen, TSP legislator, Local Councillor, Advisory Council (MoRA), Ambassador to Forest (MoFA), The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys and Bearer of the Sonic Screwdriver (Lampshade Cabinet).All past positions held across NationStates: Ambassador to the East Pacific, founder of Musical Experience which no longer exists.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

[-] The following 8 users Like The Solar System Scope's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Belschaft, Divine Owl, Fili, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Volaworand

What is your position on The East Pacific banning "marsupials"? Do you think it is justifiable or is it detestable?
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 2 users Like The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Poppy, The Solar System Scope

Are you going to stop all the borderline inappropriate weeabo “roleplaying” you’ve been involved in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This campaign is identical to your last campaign for Delegate, as far as I can tell.

Has anything changed in your attitude to the delegacy in the last six months?

Your last run was unsuccessful. What do you think will make you more successful this time?
[-] The following 2 users Like Nakari's post:

Do you plan on forcing Seraph to hold the delegacy as long as the CRS will possibly let you?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 6 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Beepee, Divine Owl, Poppy, Seraph, The Solar System Scope, Volaworand

What is your opinion on the TEP saga?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 2 users Like North Prarie's post:

What is your platform, and what makes you qualified to be delegate? Your campaign says a lot about who you are, but you don't say anything about these,core subjects.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farengeto's post:

If you’re about to go to bed, but there is suddenly an issue in TSP that requires your attention, what do you do?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 2 users Like North Prarie's post:

(07-04-2019, 09:28 AM)The United Chinese Republic Wrote: What is your position on The East Pacific banning "marsupials"? Do you think it is justifiable or is it detestable?

(07-05-2019, 11:07 AM)North Prarie Wrote: What is your opinion on the TEP saga?

I can understand the thinking behind it, but I think they are taking it too far. A democratic region would not resort to these techniques, and is very discouraging to a new player. My position on TEP has already been stated enough times, and I think that the relation with them are not really benefitting our values.
(07-04-2019, 10:43 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: Are you going to stop all the borderline inappropriate weeabo “roleplaying” you’ve been involved in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No comment.
(07-04-2019, 11:18 AM)Nakari Wrote: This campaign is identical to your last campaign for Delegate, as far as I can tell.

Has anything changed in your attitude to the delegacy in the last six months?

Your last run was unsuccessful. What do you think will make you more successful this time?

It is indeed. If you've written the best you can do on a computer for the moment, I hardly think it is possible to write a better one in a dodgy phone keyboard.
My position still stands. Since the government is almost exclusively focused on offsite matters, bar the Local Council, the Delegate should serve as a gameside advocate, rather than dismissing it.
Well, more forumside participation, I guess. It's not the most interesting place, but since most of the voters are spending most of their time here, I have to be more visible for them and get more involved.
(07-05-2019, 09:51 AM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Do you plan on forcing Seraph to hold the delegacy as long as the CRS will possibly let you?

No, I do not.
(07-05-2019, 02:33 PM)Farengeto Wrote: What is your platform, and what makes you qualified to be delegate? Your campaign says a lot about who you are, but you don't say anything about these,core subjects.

Well, sometimes having a rigid and inflexible view on things is not anyways optimal. As I've said, gameside should have more attention paid to it, and also made more aware of offsite, since these two can at times, or rather most of the time, be completely disconnected. The responsibility is great, so I hope to be able to have an exemplary tenure, both as a face for the region within and without. Also, I hope to be able to contribute in the SWAN programme but also participate in the other activities of the ministries, as much as my abilities and time allow.
(07-05-2019, 03:01 PM)North Prarie Wrote: If you’re about to go to bed, but there is suddenly an issue in TSP that requires your attention, what do you do?

Well, it depends on the severity of the issue. If it needs several hours of attention, I can't sacrifice my entire sleep. If it's absolutely urgent, I can stay up for as long as is needed without it affecting my real life significantly.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

[-] The following 2 users Like The Solar System Scope's post:
  • Divine Owl, Poppy

It's often very useful for delegates to be around at game updates (12am and pm EST). WA resolutions go to vote then, and a delegate voting early in important SC resolutions can make a big difference. In addition, a delegate being able to be present at update can help them deal with security issues under the advice of the CRS. It's not strictly necessary, but it can give TSP advantage.

Are you usually around at major update (12am EST)? If yes, how often?
If no, how often would you be able to be around at major update if specifically requested?

Are you usually around at minor update (12pm EST)? If yes, how often?
If no, how often would you be able to be around at minor update if requested?
[-] The following 2 users Like Nakari's post: