We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legcomm discussion

Seraph would like to step down from the Legislator Committee, so let's find another member.

Roavin is an obvious choice, as he's been Legislator Committee before and knows all the security stuff, and has already agreed. However... Roavin would be doing it mostly out of duty instead of enthusiasm, which makes burnout easier, and it might be good to try and expand our pool of potential members.

Let's put a call out, including a short survey, to try and gather some names for people who would actually enjoy being LegComm (I promise they do exist!) If none apply, we can appoint Roavin. If people apply but are unqualified, we can appoint Roavin and keep an eye on the unqualified people, perhaps help them become more qualified. If people apply and are qualified, perfect!

I realise this is probably still going to end up with appointing Roavin, but if we just keep appointing the same people we'll be screwed when we run out of names...

Anyway, making a survey right now, will post later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nakari's post:
  • Rebeltopia

• Amerion

I don't want Bzerneleg as LegComm. During his time as Chair he neglected things such as adding votes and generally managing the roster - which he would have some part in if he were Legislator Committee, and he'd have even more to keep track of. I don't really trust him with the technical side. The experience in TSP side is there, sure, but I think if picked he would be more of a 'filler' member.

North Prarie, I think, could technically do it. I was surprised to see he's no longer in Osiris, which definitely warms me to it. Not entirely confident with that though.

My two cents — Bzern and Prarie have shown varying levels of commitment and activity to TSP.

I am not entirely sure of what the story behind Prarie's involvement with Osiris and why he has since detached himself from the region but it's more an IC matter than necessarily OOC which LegComm largely is. My issue is that I have seen little activity from Prarie this few months. He is currently in charge of media in the MoRA but Kringle has all but taken over that role which makes me uncertain if he will be available for the daily grind that is LegComm.

To an extent, I share Nakari's concerns about Bzern who, in my opinion, has the unfortunate record of not always stepping up to the roles he has been assigned.

Ideally, given Roavin's begrudging acceptance of what appears to be fate, there would be a greater selection of candidates.

Unfortunately our available people remain the same. I wasn't aware that North Prarie might have similar issues to Bzerneleg, so in my mind as a Legislator Committee member... I want someone with a reputation of pulling their weight. Looks like Roavin is the best choice for that.

Anyone have anything in favor of NP or Bzern - as said I haven't really worked with NP so differing opinions would be interesting.

I agree that Roavin is the best choice. However, with that being said, are we piling on too much work for him? I am not familiar with how the LegComm distributes duties but I do know that he has far greater commitments than the two alternatives. As such, I am interested in hearing for what length of time he is happy to serve.

Given the lacklustre response to the EOI, I also think we should consider requesting the LegComm take one of these (Non-Roavin) candidates under their wings and train them up for the future inevitability that we have another vacancy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Rebeltopia

Any movement on this?

(08-12-2019, 08:27 PM)Amerion Wrote: Any movement on this?

Waiting on any response from Viet right now...
  • Amerion

(08-12-2019, 08:47 PM)Nakari Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 08:27 PM)Amerion Wrote: Any movement on this?

Waiting on any response from Viet right now...

All good Smile

Vote on Roavin.

I say aye.