We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Solar System Scope for MoFA!

Hello, I'm The Solar System Scope, and welcome to my first EVER attempt to campaign for myself. I'm not sure if it is called Manifesto or Campaign, but I hope you will enjoy this thread because I never tried it before, so let's begin!

The Good Stuff: While I've been in this region for 9 months now, I have noticed that we don't interact much with other regions. It's mostly about TSP itself, but we are to closed in our safe little blue box, RPing about various stuff, from the bunny wars to Star Wars to the famous cake vs. pie conflict. But the few times we have fun with other regions like Europeia, are not enough. We need more relations with other regions, transregional fares and idea sharing. As you may have noticed lately, TSP and other large regions have had a large impact of nation-loss these few weeks. This could be improved if we improved our relations with other regions and to do what TSP loves best: HAVING FUN!! My goal is to have at least 1 or 2 events with other regions during my run.

The Bad Stuff: There is one thing I have no idea what to do about: Helping Regions in Need (let's call it "HeRiN"). I literally don't know what to do when TSP is going to help in another region during a coup or a raid or something so I leave everything on that matter to the Minister of Army.

Well, that's it! If you have any questions regarding my run, post in this thread OR you can send me a PM if you're in a hurry of getting an answer.
The Lord of Space and Protector of the TARDIS Keys of
The Solar System Scope

How would you coordinate with the Minister of Regional Affairs to do these "events" with other regions?

Questions:

1. Why are you running for Minister of Foreign Affairs? Why now?
2. How does improving relations with other regions affect our regional population? Does our regional population, as opposed to actually active citizens, matter at all?
3. Which regions would you say are close allies of ours? Keep in mind that simply listing which regions we have treaties with is not an adequate answer.
4. If you could strengthen a relationship or sign a treaty, with which region would you do it?
5. How would you say that lack of knowledge about the mechanics of raiding and defending affects (either positively or negatively, if at all) your potential as Minister of Foreign Affairs?
6. Why should we vote for you if you have proven that you don't even know what the Assembly is? Do you have a history of government service in the region?
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

1. I were running for MoFA in NSAS with my now CTE UT, but I lost for the only other candidate, so I wanted to gain some status here. I like the idea of being MoFA because as I wrote, TSP is not very social.
2. I don't know.
3. I don't know. Europeia? The Pacifics? The Sinkers? TRR?
4. I don't know. Europeia? Suggestions?
5. Minister of FOREIGN Affairs?
6. I have missed every election. Last election I tried to participate but it was to complicated and wasn't very active at that time.
The Solar System Scope

While I appreciate the honesty, I honestly can't believe you expect us to vote for you when you can't even name our allies or answer questions. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not a place to improvise and do whatever you think this is, we do serious work to implement our foreign policy, one which you don't seem to know anything about. Prepare adequately and come back next time.
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

(07-17-2014, 11:54 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote: While I appreciate the honesty, I honestly can't believe you expect us to vote for you when you can't even name our allies or answer questions. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not a place to improvise and do whatever you think this is, we do serious work to implement our foreign policy, one which you don't seem to know anything about. Prepare adequately and come back next time.
1. Where are these "allies" listed?
2. How am I going to get prepared? Is there some sort of wiki that shows "How to run as a MoFA"?
The Solar System Scope

That is precisely my point! There is no list of who our closest allies are. You should have been paying attention to our foreign policy, or at the very least asking Sandaoguo about the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We have a Minister and a few weeks ago he opened applications for Deputy Minister. Did you apply then? How can we know that you are capable of running a Ministry as important as this one?

KringEdit: I did mention that simply listing who our formal allies are isn't the answer I'm hoping for. I want to know who you think are our closest allies in practice, not in paper.

Legal Resources:

Just to straighten the record briefly, there is a list of our legally passed allies/obligations under the MoFA forum.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Nah, politics too complicated, if it's so hard to be a MoFA I don't think I'll participate in any elections in the future.
The Solar System Scope

(07-17-2014, 04:37 PM)The Solar System Scope Wrote: Nah, politics too complicated, if it's so hard to be a MoFA I don't think I'll participate in any elections in the future.

I don't think that's the attitude to have. It's not hard or complicated and your thoughts/opinions/etc are welcome, despite some people's reactions.

If you're put off by the learning curve, there's always deputy positions where you can get involved, too.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]